Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracking Forecast by Evelyn Cusack (4/11/2010)

Options
  • 04-11-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Just watched Evelyn there after the Nine News on RTE with the latest forecast.

She gave a great one, love her style and obvious enthusiasm for all things meteorological (why can't Gerry be like this?) :mad:

Evelyn spoke about how the weather for Ireland will remain very changeable over the next week or so. The island is currently in a "battlezone" between the mild humid air we are now experiencing and cold polar air which is due to come down over Ireland on Saturday.

However what was really exciting was the chart for this Sunday, it has a Low Pressure system over Ireland with very tight isobars and lots of rain. Then there is another possible storm the following Thursday which the Met Office is keeping an eye on.

Finally, I wonder if this battle between mild and polar air will be won by the cold air and an eventual blocking high to the west of Ireland ? Time will tell.

In the meantime, I should get a life :D

Derek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Your right she is the best weather presenter she makes the weather sound exciting even if nothing is happening she seems to know exactly what she's talking about:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Jean Byrne is just exciting, weather or no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Jean Byrne is just exciting, weather or no

Yeah, she's great in them leather outfits!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Siobhan Ryan is ok to.... As long as Joan Blackburn sticks to the radio ile be happy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Nice forecast, but she made a little error at the start saying that our weather is continuing "unchangeable".....I think she meant changeable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Su Campu wrote: »
    Nice forecast, but she made a little error at the start saying that our weather is continuing "unchangeable".....I think she meant changeable!

Meant to say that in my original post, Su Campu but was not too sure.

Guys, I all agree with your sentiments regarding Jean Byrne - she could read my forecast any day, with the wife not around of course :D

But in a meteorological sense, you can't beat Evelyn Cusack and John Eagleton for the weather forecasts. Their sense of excitement is palpable! ;)

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Evelyn is a class act - only Jean in her tight leather gear comes close in terms of pleasure from a forecast;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Never found Evelyn exciting as it where , but I do appreciate her over some of the robotic presenters like Gerry. He must practise that introduction all the time , you dont need me to say it lol
    Cant beat the Eagle though!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

"...and a very goodnight to ya!" [BIG WINK]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Yeah, she's great in them leather outfits!:D

Agreed, she looks like she has come in to give the weather forcast on her way out to the swingers club or the like. You get the feeling there is some mad bash that you missing out on.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, John and Evelyn are the best for making it "personal" and adding colour. Gerry is the worst. I don't doubt his met credentials and accuracy for a second but I remember hating that he seemed to be the main forecaster over the whole exciting big freeze in early January and he's deliveries were so wooden and boring at that time. He recited temps of minus 10 and up to 15cms of snow as if he was forecasting a spot of drizzle here and there. Eagleton was like a child seeing snow on xmas morning with some of his reports. Such a contrast.

Even when Gerry was interviewed by Brian Dobson on 6-1 at the time about the unprecendented freezing weather, he kept reciting his meterological monologue and Dobson had to keep interrupting him to ask what did it mean for the audience in layman's terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ORACLE2

Where is the Eagle gone to though? he hasn`t been on in ages,bring him back I say even if it is only for the entertainment alone that he gives.
    Pangea wrote: »
    Never found Evelyn exciting as it where , but I do appreciate her over some of the robotic presenters like Gerry. He must practise that introduction all the time , you dont need me to say it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ORACLE2 wrote: »
    Where is the Eagle gone to though? he hasn`t been on in ages,bring him back I say even if it is only for the entertainment alone that he gives.

It seems he's on the radio full time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

ongarboy wrote: »
    Yes, John and Evelyn are the best for making it "personal" and adding colour. Gerry is the worst. I don't doubt his met credentials and accuracy for a second but I remember hating that he seemed to be the main forecaster over the whole exciting big freeze in early January and he's deliveries were so wooden and boring at that time. He recited temps of minus 10 and up to 15cms of snow as if he was forecasting a spot of drizzle here and there. Eagleton was like a child seeing snow on xmas morning with some of his reports. Such a contrast.

Even when Gerry was interviewed by Brian Dobson on 6-1 at the time about the unprecendented freezing weather, he kept reciting his meterological monologue and Dobson had to keep interrupting him to ask what did it mean for the audience in layman's terms?

Great post.

I agree, Evelyn Cusack is the star of Irish weather presenting. She has the skill to impart a lot of information, which is often educational, into her short 2 minuite presentations. She always shows the bigger picture and talks the nation through it. John Eagleton and Jean Byrne also do as well when significant weather is forecast. Gerry Murphy I think could be a lot more expressive and enthusisatic but he comes across as being uncomfortable and reserved.

As others have said, no matter how boring the forecasts actually are (or should I say the how boring the weather is), Evelyn will always make them interesting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That's a pity - i miss the Eagle:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Pangea wrote: »

Is it "Hello there and a very good evening" r sumthing :mad: It feels like groundhog day every time he's on lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Is it "Hello there and a very good evening" r sumthing :mad: It feels like groundhog day every time he's on lol:pac:

it's "Hello there AAAAANNNND a very good evening"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

leahyl wrote: »
    That's a pity - i miss the Eagle:)

it sure is. if we do get interesting weather this winter his presence on tv will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ORACLE2

I didn`t realise that was the case,its a pity really as I think he is a bit wasted on the radio I would think but who knows he could be back in our screens at some stage with a bit of luck hopefully.

Advertisement