Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lights

• 04-11-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

With the hour going back and the nights getting darker is it just me or is every second cyclist going about with no lights ?

I cycle into Dublin city centre and the sheer number of people I have noticed this week cycling with no lights is shocking - for me its simple, lights mean you can be seen which means other road users have a better chance of seening you :rolleyes:. and FFS they only cost €20 fitted.

It really shows people lack of care for themselves and others.

Are lights compulsory ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sumone

Yes. Lights are compulsory in the dark or poor visibility, same as for a car.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks sumone, I think the legal requirement is just to have lights at nighttime, but clearly it's better if you have them for poor visibility also

Question answered - OP there are plenty of other threads covering the use of lights if you care to do a search - I don't see the point of going over this ground again

Thread closed

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement