Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm problem

Options
  • 04-11-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I have a regular alarm system with one panic button. It was in the house when I bought it and it worked fine until a few months ago. The keypad shows message Low Battery. Also if I try to set the alarm, it shows the panic button as an open zone. I think it was set off by one of my kids but I don't have a key to reset.

Should I get a guy out from an alarm company? Would I just choose any local alarm company or would you recommend one in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have a regular alarm system with one panic button. It was in the house when I bought it and it worked fine until a few months ago. The keypad shows message Low Battery. Also if I try to set the alarm, it shows the panic button as an open zone. I think it was set off by one of my kids but I don't have a key to reset.

Should I get a guy out from an alarm company? Would I just choose any local alarm company or would you recommend one in Dublin.

If you want me to have a look at it for you send me a P.M.
    If you want to fix it yourself let me know what panel you have installed so I can advise you on a battery. The panic need to be opened and reset, all you have to do is enter your code when the alarm activates when you open it to turn off the alarm, push up the button and close it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

The internal alarm box where all the cables connect back to probably has a battery in it which needs to be replaced. Those panic buttons are fairly standard and I wouldn't imagine you would have much trouble picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If you are not confident in doing it yourself then call out a local alarm company.
    Make sure they are PSA licensed and get a few prices

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi decoratinghouse,
    You don't say what system you have.
    If it's an Astec you would require an a Astec panic button.
    The battery on Astec is a little more difficult to change also.

Advertisement