Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Setting Up XBOX 360 With Windows Media Center

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

bill gates up to the usual tricks... that page never worked for me over the last 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am trying to setup the XBOX 360 with Windows Media Center. I am told to visit www.xbox.com/setuppc but I get the following

Ooops! What happened to this page?

We’ve moved some things around.

The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available. You might want to:

Anyone have any idea what the correct page is?

Don't know what the page is but I can recommend TVersity (google it) as a far superior media center for the xbox. Might not be as glossly but much quicker, will play far more video and audio files and it's free... oh yeah, the best bit is it's simple to install and use.

Just open the .exe file and it pretty much does everything else for you. Also has great support forums. Been using it for 3+ years and find it brilliant. Enjoy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

What version of Windows are you using?

You should only need to download the setup software if you are on XP; if you're using Vista or Win7, I think it's included out of the box.

I set up an extender a couple of months ago on Win7 and didn't have to download anything, just enter the 8-digit code that the extender gave me when I walked through the setup process.

More info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916179?sd=xbox

And not to spin the thread too far off topic, but while third-party solutions like TVersity might do a good job of streaming Internet and local video, they don't integrate cleanly with your main Media Center system for watching and scheduling recorded TV, interacting with the TV guide etc, which is what I imagine most people use Media Center for in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

thats why i stopped using tversity, just handier to have it in WM

i never figured out how to stream from my xp machine to my xbox over the home network.... the vista laptop set up after some router issues, and can even share media with other machines but never ever ever wrked with xp desktop, tried it all

Advertisement