Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noob x360 softmodding.... sorry

Options
  • 04-11-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi again, so I bought a SD Media Launcher and a EasyCap usb video thing so I could play homebrew Gamecube stuff on my laptop and I am so impressed that I am thinking of getting a Xbox360 console as I can use my laptop screen now instead of the terrible tv screen I have at the moment.

The problem is, I know nothing about soft modding a X360, I'm sure it will be different from softmodding a Gamecube.

I was wondering if someone could advice on what X360 to get, what is the best price I should be lookin for as I will be getting second hand, and if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to softmod a x360, I have no idea about soldering or anything like that so it is just soft modding for me. Or would/could it be as simple as sending it on to someone in Dublin to do all the work on it.

I have seen that the PS3 is softmodded/jailbeaked now with a usb connection or something, is it as straight forward as that sounds?

I'm sorry to all mods if this is out of line, I'm a Nooooob to all this, and finding it interesting, the softmodding side anyways, everyone has to start somewhere.

This is prob a complete mess of a thread but Thanks Y'all!

RLG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You cannot softmod an xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks! Maybe i'll just buy a second hand one and just buy the games second hand too.

Cheers.

Advertisement