Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Hosting from Blacknight.

Options
  • 04-11-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi,

Is it possible that i can transfer my hosted site from Blacknight to dreamhost?
    I have a .ie domain and it's with Blacknight.

I have a friend who has 12 sites on Dreamhost, and he says i can put mine there too. i also have another 2 sites with different providers which i got ages ago, and it's just easier for me to put them all there, coz he's going to look after them all for me.

So.. i don't (or do i?) need to transfer the actual domain name, just the hosting. Or does that all equal the same thing?
    I guess this is why he's going to look after them, because i have no clue how it's done..
    Also, he's going to design the site for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can host a domain wherever you want.

All you need to do is update the domain's nameservers to the other providers.

FYI - if you have an actual site, email etc., they will not move automatically. You will need to recreate all the email addresses etc., on the new provider's system

Advertisement