Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shopping Centre Balbriggan - Jobs

Options
  • 05-11-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have the name of the management company of the new Shopping Centre (Tesco yolk). I presume individuals shops would hire on their own but I'd be interested in the jobs going by the shopping centre themselves, like marketing and admin, surely they must be hiring for that as well?

Also when is it due to open?

Anyone any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Opens on the 25th March.

Contact details are here where you should be able to get eventually in touch with the management company. I believe it is 70% let and has been reconfigured to be predominantly a food and drink shopping center.

It looks like a mini Pavillions inside.

mf1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Looks very Pavillions-like, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

Still nothing yet about jobs being available.. But it looks huge inside!!

Can't wait until it opens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Bluetonic, have you anymore pics??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

there are a few more here but they're from August too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

http://www.millfieldbalbriggan.com/content/jobs.html
    Retail Opportunities
    Please send your CV by email or fax to:
    email · balbriggan@fas.ie
    fax · 01 8415624

Centre Management Opportunities
    Please send your CV by email to Ruth Cody:
    email · centremanager@millfieldbalbriggan.com
    tel · 01 6611333

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jaysus, that is going to be feckin huge. I thought it was going to be along the lines of Tesco Clarehall or Maynooth but it looks more Pavillionsie.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I believe it's going to be the biggest Tesco in Ireland?

I'm dying to know what other companies are going in there, am hoping for a few clothing shops (although Echo clothing might get screwed if that happens, but it could be good for them to move in there...).

Was reading the FIngal Indo the other week, parking in this yolk is going to be free (yay) but it's not in the town centre (not yay), so hopefully the council will introduce maybe an hour/2hr free shopping in town as well as a help for the few companies that are left on the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    Is this for Tesco centre> I hear a lot of the jobs are going to be 20hrs a wek. Anyone confirm this?

That would be correct. 4 hour shift x 5, so don't need to give staff a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    That would be correct. 4 hour shift x 5, so don't need to give staff a break.

So they wont have to pay them when they are on a break? I dont get this at all. Mind you I am no fan of Tesco anyway.

Where is the incentive for people who might end up losing by taking a job where they wont be well paid anyway and they will also have to consider their S/W benefits. I am not for a moment saying people should think S/W but this is a major contributing factor for people who turn down jobs. They weigh up the value of Medical Cards, Rent allowance, Mortage relief, school uniforms, and books etc and say i AM BETTER OFF NOT WORKING.

At least if they were offer 39.5 hrs it would get them back in the workforce and help build up the self esteem of a lot of people who lost jobs in recent years and are down in the dumps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    So they wont have to pay them when they are on a break? I dont get this at all. Mind you I am no fan of Tesco anyway.

Thats how you earn enough money that you could buy Ireland if you wanted to.

Benefits of 20 hours to Tesco
    20 hours- 4 hour shifts, no paid breaks.
    Maintain flexibility with staff- staff eager to come in for extra hours at a moments notice.
    Basic amount of hours- controls payroll better, if you have staff working at higher hours for a set period say 30hrs for 12 months you can't drop them back to 20.
    Hire the max amount of staff for a store opening- good headlines on job creation when they open a store(they put them on short term contracts so they can quietly get rid of the excess staff after opening)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Thats how you earn enough money that you could buy Ireland if you wanted to.

Benefits of 20 hours to Tesco
    20 hours- 4 hour shifts, no paid breaks.
    Maintain flexibility with staff- staff eager to come in for extra hours at a moments notice.
    Basic amount of hours- controls payroll better, if you have staff working at higher hours for a set period say 30hrs for 12 months you can't drop them back to 20.
    Hire the max amount of staff for a store opening- good headlines on job creation when they open a store(they put them on short term contracts so they can quietly get rid of the excess staff after opening)

Its a scandelous way to treat people. They get rid of some people in many grades on a regular basis or make life very difficult for them to stay and from a chat I had with 2 formers worker they are absouletly ruthless and some suppliers would say the same.

Is the "Brixter" (Balbriggan man) still their spokesman / P.R man for Ireland. Baneaham I think his name is, good footballer in his day!!

Advertisement