Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

GOOD OR BAD ? I am talking them to the small claims court because i bought a television of them back in june, it broke down 3 weeks ago and they are refusing to collect it for repair. Why do they claim to be 100 percent irish when they are based in England ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What is the Consumer Issue here? This forum is for dealing with issues, not looking for general feedback.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    GOOD OR BAD ? I am talking them to the small claims court because i bought a television of them back in june, it broke down 3 weeks ago and they are refusing to collect it for repair. Why do they claim to be 100 percent irish when they are based in England ?
    Did you buy it from them, online? If so, contact them about posting it back to them. Often, if the TV fault is a manufacturing fault, retailers will refund you the shipping cost. If it's user damage, they won't. If you have not tried to send it back to them, I can't see the SCC being in your favour, as you have not really done much to rectify the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think Littlewoods have ever claimed to be 100% Irish, but that's irrelevant anyway. How exactly have they refused to resolve this issue? If it's just a case of them refusing to collect, then have you asked about the returns process? They don't have to collect it, but they should have a returns policy for failing products. You may have to pay for this, but should it turn out to be a manufacturing defect, then they should refund that cost.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like you've put a whole lot of effort into this, and going to court at this stage will almost certainly fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

jor el wrote: »
    I don't think Littlewoods have ever claimed to be 100% Irish, but that's irrelevant anyway. How exactly have they refused to resolve this issue? If it's just a case of them refusing to collect, then have you asked about the returns process? They don't have to collect it, but they should have a returns policy for failing products. You may have to pay for this, but should it turn out to be a manufacturing defect, then they should refund that cost.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like you've put a whole lot of effort into this, and going to court at this stage will almost certainly fail.

yes they have, as for the television its a 32inch crt how am i ment to bring that down the post office to post ? I didnt even keep the box and all the wraping it came in so i think its up to littlewoods to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭icrusader

slightly off topic but someone in our neighbourhood used the details of people they befriended to open a load of accounts with littlewoods and shop like crazy.

Please stick the topic at hand

OP - if you go the Small Claims Court, you will need to show that you made efforts to be reasonable with Littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

yes they have, as for the television its a 32inch crt how am i ment to bring that down the post office to post ?
    Maybe in a box? Have you even tried asking them to send a box that you can send the TV back in?
    I didnt even keep the box and all the wraping it came in so i think its up to littlewoods to collect it.
    So because you didn't keep the box, you think they should collect it? I can see your case failing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

yes they have, as for the television its a 32inch crt how am i ment to bring that down the post office to post ? I didnt even keep the box and all the wraping it came in so i think its up to littlewoods to collect it.
    You would arrange for a courier to collect it. Its not necessarily their responsibility to collect it, just to ensure that you are not out of pocket for the collection if it is a manufacturing fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Has anybody here had dealings with them? Www.littlewoodsireland.ie

Hi

sorry a bit off topic, but what courier company did the delivery? Waiting for an item to be deliver but Littlewoods are unable to find anything on it or who does the delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭chappy

nava wrote: »
    Hi

sorry a bit off topic, but what courier company did the delivery? Waiting for an item to be deliver but Littlewoods are unable to find anything on it or who does the delivery.

Any deliveries I have received have just been by An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭chasm

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Fastway Couriers.

http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/mullingar/articles/2010/06/15/3997804-fastway-couriers-opens-depot-in-mullingar/print

"Nationally, Fastway Couriers won a contract with the UK's largest home delivery company, Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) for all their Irish parcel deliveries, including Littlewoods Ireland, in a two and a half year contract - moving Fastway Couriers (Ireland) into the B2C market."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

chappy wrote: »
    Any deliveries I have received have just been by An Post
    chasm wrote: »
    Fastway Couriers.

http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/mullingar/articles/2010/06/15/3997804-fastway-couriers-opens-depot-in-mullingar/print

"Nationally, Fastway Couriers won a contract with the UK's largest home delivery company, Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) for all their Irish parcel deliveries, including Littlewoods Ireland, in a two and a half year contract - moving Fastway Couriers (Ireland) into the B2C market."

Thanks, yes we contacted Fastway but they don't deliver the big items, I think the took over the An Post deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

from littlewoods site...

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/help/en/online-help-system.page

Return of heavy goods
    Where you need to return heavy goods** please contact our Customer Service Team at 01 811 2222 to arrange collection with our special courier.

did you do this???

abbey2000 The original thread is nearly a year old, so I'm closing this thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement