Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java in 1st year. (Computing)

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Yea so anyone who is doing computing in 1st year atm will know we're all studying java.

My friend has created a youtube account dedicated to helping and explaining how everything works.

I find along with many others that he is great at explaining how things work.

So yea, his youtube account is below and it will go over every java lab we have this year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJavaFiles

Feel free to check it out if you need any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nolaner

=D thanks pal :P i do what i can :P also if anyone has any questions they can hit me up here in this thread or in a private message if you need any help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

Thanks alot I've just subscribed, these tutorials are gonna prove handy :)

drunk_monk wrote: »
    Thanks alot I've just subscribed, these tutorials are gonna prove handy :)

Your welcome, just getting into the swing of things now since i fixed my screen recoder so expect loads of activity :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

subbed

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    subbed

Thanks man :) and if theres ever something you good people cant understand or i dont explain enough you can ask me her and i'll try help as best i can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

cheers lads ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Was that a Wexford accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Nolanger wrote: »
    Was that a Wexford accent?

Unfortunately yes :P Best video is the first one, The one we all watched in the lecture hall :P

Thanks guys sorry i havent put one up in a while but the lecturer wouldnt let me keep using the Jlabs so once i find a good book to work off of i will keep the videos going sorry for the delay!! :P but i have the laptop back now so i should do them fairly soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Warez Dispenser

Try other tutorials on Youtube. I found this one handy...

http://www.thenewboston.com

Loads of tutorials on different programming languages

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yozzer99

Hi

Need java tutorials for the next 3 weeks for a college exam any advice where I would get them in Dublin.

Rgds
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

yozzer99 wrote: »
    Hi

Need java tutorials for the next 3 weeks for a college exam any advice where I would get them in Dublin.

Rgds
    John

Are you in the college yeh? I can help you out if you want. I can also help you out remotely providing you have a good network connection

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yozzer99

Yes I would be interested in getting assistance.
    I have a good network connection.
    You can e-mail me at cmgleeso@tcd.ie to discuss it further.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Added to bookmarks. Will be useful for next year perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Don't be too worried lads, first year java is quite easy to pick up (As you already know by now).

I have a few tutorial sites bookmarked on the laptop for other languages / language methodology in general, so I'll post them tomorrow for you.

Second year here btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Too bad these tutorials weren't around when I was in Computing at Carlow IT :( I'm trying to get back in so hopefully they'll come in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Too bad these tutorials weren't around when I was in Computing at Carlow IT :( I'm trying to get back in so hopefully they'll come in handy.

Did you drop out?

Sobanek wrote: »
    JohnMc1 wrote: »

Did you drop out?

Yes. I didn't think the course was right for me. I was having problems with Programming, math and operating Systems. I was looking into getting back to repeat those courses but I have to wait until August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

@JohnMc1: What part do you find difficult? I might be able to give you are hand.

• Advertisement

RealistSpy wrote: »
    @JohnMc1: What part do you find difficult? I might be able to give you are hand.

Programming was my achilles heel. Trying to learn Java is like trying to learn a foreign language. Except Java is completely unforgiveable. The least little thing and your program wouldn't run [ie your ; being in the wrong place]

Advertisement