Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to drop an exam resit?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I registered a resit in September for an elective module I failed last year (the module isn't offered this year so it's just an exam at Christmas), but I'm now regretting not substituting it instead. I'm going to go to the programme office about it anyway, but does anyone know if it's still possible to drop it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

Yeah the programme office can cancel it for you but you have to pay the full resit fee to do that. So you might aswell just take the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

If you take resit the exam your grade may be capped. Im not sure on this one tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

You can definitely drop the class and iirc, you don't have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I didn't know I could just drop a repeat and substitute it. Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yup, you'll have to pay the 250e regardless of sitting the exam or not, so you've nothing to lose by sitting it. At the end of the day you could end up saving yourself the 350+ substitute fee.

Bear in mind it'll be graded as pass/fail and GPA will be capped at 2.0 for the Repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

how does one go about substituting a module?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Programme Office is your friend there. Theyll explain everything to you

I THINK that you get capped if you resit the exam, but if you change to a different module you wont.

Advertisement