Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get started

Options
  • 05-11-2010 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have tried downloading and installing the plugin in both IE and Chrome and I cannot get by the "Starting QUAKE LIVE plugin…" page. I've left this page open for 10+ minutes on a 7Mb connection in case it was downloading content or something..

I un-installed/repaired the plugin. Logged in and out and can't seem to get it running. I have googled this and found a few things for IE like adding the quakelive domain to the trusted sites.. haven't found anything that has worked.

Has anyone come across this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I had the same problem with IE - works in Firefox though. Hadn't tried Chrome...There are some issues sometimes like having to open ports and allowing QL.com complete access (i.e. anywhere that it could be added to trusted site / allow to download, you do).

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

Google is your friend... friend :)
    Provide much info in the search box and you will surely find an answer, since its a common problem with Quakelive - if that doesnt work we will try to do smth about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

long story short.. I'm very good technically.. I'm a software developer :cool:

After spending hours trying to get this to run I tried launching Firefox / IE in administrator mode (even though I am administrator).

It ended up pulling in the .pak files into the hidden Quake directory.

Summary, if you are running Quake Live on Windows 7 x64 and are getting a plugin loading problem. Run your browser in administrator mode (right-click on browser icon/item and "Run as Administrator")

Advertisement