Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 05-11-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi Everybody ,

Maybe this has already been answered somewhere else but I can't find anything. I have Lectures in the Law Society in Cork every second weekend and struggle to find somewhere that does all day parking at a reasonable rate, at the moment it costs about €25 per day so thats €50 per weekend before petrol etc!

Does anybody know anywhere that is close enough to the City Centre with a reasonable rate...all help is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I have Lectures in the Law Society in Cork every second weekend and struggle to find somewhere that does all day parking at a reasonable rate, at the moment it costs about €25 per day so thats €50 per weekend before petrol etc!

AH thats crazy. Where abouts is the law society in the city? Might help to give the closest parking available to you.

If its any good - the train station car park does parking for €7 per 24hrs. Another place on Penrose quay does it for €8 all day. There is another place by the Heineken brewery that does it for €6 per day. Even using parking disks would be €2 per 2 hours which would be cheaper and you can do pay by phone to save you running back to the car. Oh and the Park n' ride is at the Kinsale road roundabout and I think that is €5 for the day.

The list is endless! Sorry to hear you've been paying €25 all along. That's well over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

SeaFields wrote: »
    AH thats crazy. Where abouts is the law society in the city? Might help to give the closest parking available to you.

If its any good - the train station car park does parking for €7 per 24hrs. Another place on Penrose quay does it for €8 all day. There is another place by the Heineken brewery that does it for €6 per day. Even using parking disks would be €2 per 2 hours which would be cheaper and you can do pay by phone to save you running back to the car. Oh and the Park n' ride is at the Kinsale road roundabout and I think that is €5 for the day.

The list is endless! Sorry to hear you've been paying €25 all along. That's well over the top.

Thanks for all the info...much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Well if you're up for small bit of a walk then you could park out by Fitzgeralds park where it's free to park all day on a Saturday. It's a decent enough area too so not as much worry about the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Hi,
    The park and ride on the Kindsale Rd is €5 all day and buses run very 15mins to and from the city. I think it is open till 18.30 on a Sat. Not open on Sun.

Hope this helps.

On street parking is free on Sunday too, also you can park in loading bays on Sunday, where are you currently parking that costs 25 euro ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

On Penrose Wharf, there's indoor parking next to AAA Windscreens and Bell Scott. Think it's 8 Euro a day or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

SeaFields wrote: »
    There is another place by the Heineken brewery that does it for €6 per day.

city square? they are 5e per day but close at 8. i found this out the hard way when one day i came back and found the door closed.

Advertisement