Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - shocking levels of customer service

Options
  • 05-11-2010 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just thought I'd share my experience with Meteor, in case anyone is thinking of joining them.
    • Joined in May, asked to keep old number. Ignored.
    • Given the 'wrong' account number. Takes three calls and trips to Xtravision, carphone warehouse and eventually Meteor shop to sort it out. Three different customer service agents telling me three different things.
    • Phone had hardware problem. Another two trips to two different shops to be told two diiferent things.
    • I had to ask three times for my billing date to be changed. Twice I was assured it was changed. Guess what?
    • I asked for the billing date to be changed to the third week of the month. When it was eventually changed it was moved to the second week of the month.
    • I asked three times for the data bundle to be removed. My last bill shows that I have the data bundle.
    • Phone to cancel contract because I can't put up with this shoddy service anymore. Told contract will be cancelled once I switch over to new network.
    • Write and email to inform of contract cancellation. In letter and email I mention that I spoke to two CSAs about cancelling contract who told me contract will be cancelled once I change over to new provider.
    • Today I get an email from them telling me to phone and speak to CSA about cancelling contract, alternatively write it or email! Oh and again something contradictory - the contract will end after 30 days of informing them.

Are they taking the piss? Or is whoever emailed me now genuinely thick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

ah stop they are they worst, thank god left them and switched to three and never looked back, very happy with the services with three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lady_marmalade

akamossie wrote: »
    ah stop they are they worst, thank god left them and switched to three and never looked back, very happy with the services with three
    I've heard good things about three, I think I'll join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

It's horses for courses people.

I had the worst imaginable experience with 3, only helped by meteor goin out of their way for me.

To cut a long story short, over the space of 8 days I had to ring 3 a total of 32 times, and Meteor 31 times.

Meteor went out of their way to help me, while I got a monumental runaround from 3.

Because of this I have no intention of ever using 3, but am happy with Meteor.
    Doesn't mean that I'd tell anyone not to use 3 like, as it was just my experience.
    Doesn't mean everyone elses will be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I was with Meteor a few years ago, now with 3 and think they are wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

It's horses for courses people.

I had the worst imaginable experience with 3, only helped by meteor goin out of their way for me.

To cut a long story short, over the space of 8 days I had to ring 3 a total of 32 times, and Meteor 31 times.

Meteor went out of their way to help me, while I got a monumental runaround from 3.

Because of this I have no intention of ever using 3, but am happy with Meteor.
    Doesn't mean that I'd tell anyone not to use 3 like, as it was just my experience.
    Doesn't mean everyone elses will be the same.

Well i suppose from the experience you go through i guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

I had a genuine reason to contact meteor cust care last week, which as far as i can find out is a contract outfit in Waterford.I was contacting them regarding a deceased persons phone ( close relative )and I was next of kin same name address etc.
    A male cs rep comes on,a guy with a biblical name , I rekon from the sub Saharan side of Ballybeg .
    Gave him all the details re the query and he insisted that he wanted to speak to the original account holder, told him that they were DEAD and that I was the nominated person on the account. this clown actually asked me 3 more times to speak to the deceased person, each time I had to tell him the facts and he just couldnt get it.
    I then asked to speak to a manager and was told he would not put me through to a manager at this point the softly softly approach broke down and Mr Meteor hung up on me.
    Are all Meteor cs reps like this or is is just this guys race and background that makes him so rude and ignorant, Is there such a thing as reverse racism ,if so I rekon I was a victim , and who will take a complaint from me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have had around 5 or 6 problems (sagas more like it) with them in the last 18 months. Dont even want to go into it because it makes me so mad. Should have left them but they are better value than everyone else for my requirements :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

The only thing I really want to add to this is that you cannot base your experience of Meteor on your dealings with CPW or Xtravision, both companies are independent of Meteor, and I have had terrible dealings with them in relation to many different suppliers products.

Apart from that I personally have always had great time for Meteor, even though I am currently with O2, I would have no hesitation in moving back after my contract. There are terrible stories about every networks customer services so I wouldn't pay attention to this isolated story if chosing networks.

By the way, customer services for Meteor is based primarily in City West in Dublin IIRC. (Park West or City West, one or the other anyway)

Advertisement