Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Recipes

Options
  • 05-11-2010 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I mentioned this on a previous occasion but I am having some Polish in laws coming to stay this Christmas. I know fish is a big thing around Christmas for them, and my husband has told me not to worry about cooking for them. However I would like to at least make an effort to try and make some polish snacks, meals. Any recipes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Carp is the fish the Poles like around Xmass, Perchpike if you can get it, but that is hard over here.
    Don't try cooking pike BTW - its really tricky, and pinboning is very, very hard - almost impossible.

Try Borsch as a soup starter, or blini - potato pancakes -with sour cream and smoked salmon.

If you can find real Sauerkraut or Kapusta Kizona (try a polish store) you can serve this with smoked sausage and spuds

Advertisement