Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky - Moving Home

• 05-11-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am moving house in 2 weeks and called Sky to ask if they could install a new dish at my new house, all the cabling is already there and terminated. They told me they cant get anyone out until November 30th, like it or lump it.

Anyone have any experince of moving house with Sky?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Contact some of the independent installers in the area and ask them to do it. I am sure some of them might be happy to oblige in the current environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Thanks - but im sure they will be looking for payment. Sky are suppose to do it free of charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I expect that a month wait is normal for this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sky don't do it free of charge,better getting and independant to install the dish-probably cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭satchman

Would you not just take your existing dish with you and put it up yourself in the new house?? That way you don't have to pay them a single cent and you'll be hooked up in no time.

On a similar note, I moved from my parents house to an apartment earlier this year and had planned on bringing my dish with me, however the complex wouldn't allow the erection of dishes. They have a shared dish system in place so I though this would be straight forward enough to hook up my sky box. However, I was told by Sky that their 3rd party installers (Finlays) would need to hook me up and I had to pay €215 to get connected!!! Absolute rip off. I made a formal complaint to Sky who couldn't have been more unsympathetic. Only for the fact that I was still within the initial 12 month contract I would have cancelled there and then. Their treatment of existing customers is disgraceful. I told Sky though that once my contract is up next month i'll be cancelling and will be campaigning all my friends/neighbours to do the same and move to UPC... again they couldn't care less.

Annoys me to see such a good product ruined by dreadful customer service!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

zerks wrote: »
    Sky don't do it free of charge,better getting and independant to install the dish-probably cheaper too.

Yes they do......

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/moving-home/moving-home-with-sky-tv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It seems there's a lack of communication between the call centre staff and the people who post info on the website.Depends on who you speak to,usually a fee is involved.But if you can't wait try it yourself,plenty of info on here how to do it.

Advertisement