Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Website showing free parking :)

Options
  • 05-11-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sick sore and tired of being lectured to, bled dry with stealth taxes and generally being treated like sh*£e because I am a motorist.

Whether it is right or not in whomever's opinion I am one because I have to be one due to the classic argument regarding lack of transport options available to me.

I happen to know of many little safe and very free car spaces that exist around the City Centre and Suburbs and I guess in an effort to give something back :) I'm planning to put up a website detailing them, the tool of choice being Google Maps or similar.

Would anyone have an interest on participating on this? Was thinking Dublin initially but I'm sure we could do all cities in this country of ours

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Great idea but they'll just have a nice handy list of free parking places and say let's charge for all these spaces we need the money.

I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

martco wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm sick sore and tired of being lectured to, bled dry with stealth taxes and generally being treated like sh*£e because I am a motorist.

Whether it is right or not in whomever's opinion I am one because I have to be one due to the classic argument regarding lack of transport options available to me.

I happen to know of many little safe and very free car spaces that exist around the City Centre and Suburbs and I guess in an effort to give something back :) I'm planning to put up a website detailing them, the tool of choice being Google Maps or similar.

Would anyone have an interest on participating on this? Was thinking Dublin initially but I'm sure we could do all cities in this country of ours

thanks

But then everyone would know the spots and they would be full....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Scous_tache

great idea but it'll make it harder for me to park on my street. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

martco wrote: »
    I'm planning to put up a website detailing them

What, so that there'll be someone else parked in them next time you need them?

Seems a bit self-defeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

It's hard enough to get these spots as it is.

Unless you know of a heap of them this would be counter productive in that one, the council would eliminate them or two, they would be full in the morning and near impossible to get.

There is no benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If you do this, how many of those streets do you expect to stay free parking or have a free space if they do? Classic shooting yourself in the foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Scous_tache

My old street was free parking until they started work on buiding the Aviva. The builders got wind of it which made it impossible to get a spot. This was until the residents got the local council to change it to pay and display and permit only. I'd imagine a similar response if the parking spots on your new map became too busy. Nice idea, but might end up shooting yourself in the foot and reduce the amount of free parking available.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just PM the list to me instead.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement