Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB-Backlog!

Options
  • 05-11-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Has anybody (Landlords) experience of delay in registration with the Private Residential Tenancies Boards?

On contact by phone with them, seemingly there is a backlog and they are trying to cope with over 1,000 applications a day!

A family member registered a property on 1st. September and no word yet! I heard of someone else that it was three months before they got a reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm waiting since 1st September give or take a day or two. No word since I sent in the completed form. Didn't bother contacting them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

On the radio this morning - they are now accepting registrations online at prtb.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Mary Hairy

I don't see how they can. The Residential Tenancies Act requires that the application for registration be signed by the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Sent in registration mid August, cheque was cashed 1st September, got confirmation letter 4th October.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Registered online, received confirmation email letter the next day (and credit card was charged the fee).

Wouldn't bother with posting in application TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Mary Hairy wrote: »
    I don't see how they can. The Residential Tenancies Act requires that the application for registration be signed by the landlord.

Legislation was passed to remove that (you also no longer need the tenants signature).

Advertisement