Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - O2 - Saturday 11th December 2010 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Good GOD ...complete overkill ....King of Leon = the NAMA of music !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I don't get why people buy into this sh!te, clearly they held off on the o2 announcement to maximise profits and extract another €70 from the pockets of their fans, poor form imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

MoneyGrabbing s**m:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

smokedeels wrote: »
    I don't get why people buy into this sh!te, clearly they held off on the o2 announcement to maximise profits and extract another €70 from the pockets of their fans, poor form imo.
    nice one ,now i get to see them twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ha ha ha ha.. what a bunch a c*nts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

nm wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha.. what a bunch a c*nts

couldn't agree more, but no doubt this will sell out too, bad form holding this off till after slane, shower of ****s imo

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

What's so bad about announcing an extra date? Clearly there's a demand for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

nommm wrote: »
    What's so bad about announcing an extra date? Clearly there's a demand for tickets.

What so bad is they could have announced this before the slane gig and given people the opportunity to decide to go to slane or this!

Whats more is its plain greediness, they knew Slane would sell out if people didnt know there was another concert planned! I'd say Slane would have sold out anyway but some folk might have wanted the option to go to the O2 and now have to either keep their tickets for Slane, buy another ticket or try and flog the one they just bought!!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Mc Love wrote: »
    What so bad is they could have announced this before the slane gig and given people the opportunity to decide to go to slane or this!

Whats more is its plain greediness, they knew Slane would sell out if people didnt know there was another concert planned! I'd say Slane would have sold out anyway but some folk might have wanted the option to go to the O2 and now have to either keep their tickets for Slane, buy another ticket or try and flog the one they just bought!!

Perhaps I see where you are coming from. I personally would not buy tickets for a venue that I didnt like no matter the band and I would hope most people would be the same. With slane sold out and the announcement of support-acts coming up they should have no problem flogging one if need be.

I would be inclined to think that this is MCD's doing. I wouldnt think the band orchestrated this scenario. MCD have a track record for this sort of thing no matter the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I hate KOL as much as the next guy but I could care less if they announce an O2 gig next month after selling out next year's Slane. There's plenty of demand and they're just providing the supply. If they can persuade thousands of people into forking over huge amounts of cash for the craptastic music then fair play to 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 sarah_mol

Does anyone know how the seating while be? Ticketmaster have 3 ticket prices....What would you get for the most expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Anyone read the headline on MCD?
    KINGS OF LEON - SLANE CASTLE - SOLD OUT. INTIMATE O2 SHOW ANNOUNCED

I never knew a concert with 14,000 people qualified as intimate... :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I think that are holding back a lot of tickets for slane. 80,000 is a lot. They are good but i did not think they where going to be as popular as AC/DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Would love to go to this INTIMATE GIG HAHA!, be a lot better than 75,000 ***** at slane... although the line up for slane could be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

sarah_mol wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the seating while be? Ticketmaster have 3 ticket prices....What would you get for the most expensive?

Yeah, I'm wondering about this too. They say tickets are €55 to €76, but don't say for what. I'm guessing the €55 are for standing? Anyone know where I could find this out?

Thanks...

J.

P.S. Don't get me started about that 'intimate concert' crap. Surely that's false advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jay P wrote: »
    I never knew a concert with 14,000 people qualified as intimate... :pac:

Unfortunately people will fall for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

JJ wrote: »
    There's plenty of demand and they're just providing the supply.

No, if they were that confident they would have announced both gigs at the same time and allowed their customers and the KoL fanbase to choose the gig that best suited them, or indeed hand over their cash for both dates. But then that's not what theyre about is it.

This was pure slight of hand, announcing the wholly unattractive prospect of another gig at the disastrous Slane Castle as the only presented irish Kings of Leon gig at the time of sale ensured that any and all fans in Dublin will buy a ticket for it, either begrudgingly or not, if they want to see Kings of Leon live, thats the ticket a fan bought. Only then after MCD are confident that they've milked all Slane sales they can from KoLs fanbase they then an hour later announce a much closer gig IN Dublin to the same fans that just paid for Slane tickets. I can see thousands of Slane tickets appearing on gumtree and the likes very soon, as as evidenced in this very thread many many people will have been caught out this way, and would have been happier to just go to the o2 rather than all the hassle that goes with Slane.

I've brought this up before about promoters doing this kind of thing in Ireland, they'll usually announce a Monday gig first ensuring it sells out and then follow it backwards with a Saturday and Sunday gig which they know would be preferential to most people. This is just the same tactic but on a much grander scale this time.

Nice one MCD, KoL, whoever.. laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jasonb wrote: »
    that 'intimate concert' crap. Surely that's false advertising?
    It is meaningless marketing crap, do you really think a judge would be saying this is not intimate according to my definitions. It would be like trying to sue Mars saying you do not agree their new bar has a "new and improved taste". Or compaining that your new TV was not really "state of the art" as advertised.

O2 customer presale for this is tomorrow.

Would someone be sound enough to get me a presale code?
    i'm not with o2:eek: i'd buy you lots and lots of pints at the gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

had a try for the presale but no luck, was all set but other people must be extremely fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

same here online since 8:50 and was in there the second they went up but no joy :(

beanian wrote: »
    same here online since 8:50 and was in there the second they went up but no joy :(

came on, got through for 4 standing....card wasn't accepted.
    i could ****ing cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone get prio tickets?
    I was trying since before they opened but seemed sold out immediately :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭sparktest

no luck, on since 8.45. Blue room said all presale tickets sold out when i checked back at 9.05. Still trying on ticketmaster link to O2. Ticketmaster itself never offered any...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Same here tried since 9 on the dot and had no joy! Just have to try again tomorrow, I doubt o2 got many to do for priority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

same as the posters above

on the ticketmaster page since 08.40

bang on 9am, requested 2 best available tickets

sold out.

****ing impossible to get a ticket these days

gonna be even 100 times harder tomorrow morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Got in at 9 sharp first time for two standing tickets.

Luck of the draw I suppose.

I must say I'm flabbergasted by the level of demand for these tickets in the middle of the biggest recession we've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 certifiable365

Exactly the same as previous posters. On from 8.50. Refreshing multiple ticketmaster KOL pages, entering over and over the passcode, and constantly not getting through.

I don't think I could possibly have been faster.

Makes you wonder.

Are the 02 priority tickets also available to buy over phone.
    My understanding is that it's only online from 9am this morning.
    Just makes you wonder, I was refreshing from prior to 9am, at about 3 second intervals, so I'd guess I was no more than 9.00:02 at maximum getting to the ticket buying page.
    How the **** can they sell out in 03 seconds?!1:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bullpost wrote: »
    I must say I'm flabbergasted by the level of demand for these tickets in the middle of the biggest recession we've ever seen.
    Besides the recession they have played loads of times here already. I went to 1 gig and there were people I know going who are not really into going to gigs, they type who go "just to say they saw them", i.e. I would not expect them to go see them again. I saw them a fair bit in the early days so couldn't be arsed, honestly if I got free slane tickets I wouldn't bother going.
    I was refreshing from prior to 9am, at about 3 second intervals, so I'd guess I was no more than 9.00:02 at maximum getting to the ticket buying page.
    I think this is inadvisable, some lad had a guide to buying tickets posted here. I think they might have some IP or cookie setup that sees you refreshing and might think you are a robot or threat to the site something.

Myself, I log into my ticketmaster account (I think this might favour you), get up the GMT website to see when it is really 9am, wait 5-10 secs after and then attempt to buy for the first time (never refreshing or going forward/back). I got AC/DC tickets this way when they sold out incredibly quick for the O2. Another tip is to ring them at the same time as doing this, if the internet works then hang up.

Advertisement