Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - O2 - Saturday 11th December 2010 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rubadub wrote: »

Myself, I log into my ticketmaster account (I think this might favour you), get up the GMT website to see when it is really 9am, wait 5-10 secs after and then attempt to buy for the first time (never refreshing or going forward/back). I got AC/DC tickets this way when they sold out incredibly quick for the O2. Another tip is to ring them at the same time as doing this, if the internet works then hang up.

This is a solid online method for getting tickets. Being signed into TM is essential as is a solid internet connection.

If you have time to call into a TM agent i'd do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I was logged into TM before I tried for tickets so this might seems to tie in with what others are saying.
    bullpost wrote: »
    Got in at 9 sharp first time for two standing tickets.

Luck of the draw I suppose.

I must say I'm flabbergasted by the level of demand for these tickets in the middle of the biggest recession we've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

sarah_mol wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the seating while be? Ticketmaster have 3 ticket prices....What would you get for the most expensive?

Face values:
    €65.70 for standing

€76.25 for the better seats
    €54.80 for the not-so-good seats (I'd imagine Blocks P&H, i.e. the back corner blocks)

Online:
    About €75 for standing
    About €86 and €62 for seating

Outlets:
    €67.95 for standing
    €78.50 and €57.05 for seating
    (Stephen's Green outlet will be face value)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Does anyone know is there a limit to how many you can get? I need five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there a limit to how many you can get? I need five.

Theres a max of 4 tickets per person, per household, per credit card, the usual stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Face values:
    €65.70 for standing

€76.25 for the better seats
    €54.80 for the not-so-good seats (I'd imagine Blocks P&H, i.e. the back corner blocks)

Online:
    About €75 for standing
    About €86 and €62 for seating

Outlets:
    €67.95 for standing
    €78.50 and €57.05 for seating
    (Stephen's Green outlet will be face value)

Fcukin hell!:eek:
    The best gigs of this entire year barely cost 40 and over 80 for the best view to look at these guys be depressed on stage.I hope people are very drunk going to this.

save your money and go to black rebel motor cycle club 2 days later for less than half the price in the academy

shocksy wrote: »
    Theres a max of 4 tickets per person, per household, per credit card, the usual stuff

So if I'm to use mine and then my brothers card and his billing address is the same it won't work?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whe you think intimate you think ah the prices will be pretty cheap.........................NOT KOL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    So if I'm to use mine and then my brothers card and his billing address is the same it won't work?

probably not, they have programs that cross checks double orders, and in your case the same address would show up twice, but then again maybe not, i really dont know, best way to avoid there limits it to go to an agent, the limits can only work online, if your at an agent, 2 friends could go up, let on they dont know each other, and then have 4 tickets each, 8 between them, so their limits are useless for buying in person

Best of luck, hope you get the 5 you need, be there bang on 9am though because i reckon these will be gone in about 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

let the fun begin...

It's the final countdown

Doo dill doo dooo... doodle doo do doooo

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Got 2 standing - savage!

Three standing. Went grand. Not a bother at all, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

They cant be sold out already! They just literally went on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Seem to be all gone now already?

Just tried for 2 more to see if they were get'able

Sweet, got all 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Got 2.

Tried for another 2 just to see - all gone by 5 past 9!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rascalini

Got my tickets Thrilled to bits... especially after the disastrous pre sale episode yesterday morning (there were tears!)....

Site seems to have crashed now...i cant get back onto it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Can't believe this.. since 30 seconds after 9am they're saying there are no matches :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

94000 tickets sold since friday in recession hit ireland.not bad for a supposedly "****" band

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

have been trying since 9 and fcukin nothing :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sonic.trip wrote: »

Probably gone to their "legitimate" scalping site within seconds.......

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

This is ridiculous. All tickets sold out by 9.03. I've actually been getting no matches since pretty much 9 on the button. There has to be a better system than ticketmasters sh!te website. I guess its off to eBay for me.

Sorry to all of you who couldn't get tickets. :(

Look on the bright side; it won't be the last time they're in Ireland doing intimate gigs, I assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

same been hitting refresh on my browser since 8:55 and when find tickets came up I havnt been able to get tickets! Bulling!

Are the o2 strict on seating arrangements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

sonic.trip wrote: »

same here, this is annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

When is an acceptable time to give up trying?
    I could sit here all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

really is outrageous though, i was at the ready since 8.59 and have trie3d every combo of tickets, standing, seating etc........load of bull, not happy

Advertisement