Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - O2 - Saturday 11th December 2010 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wibs

Trying to get two of these as a 21st birthday gift since yesterday, same sh1t today, 30 seconds after 9 o'clock and all gone, same yesterday. Tickets appearing on ebay within seconds, its jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Managed to get 4 'best available' which was seated. Even had my mam down at the local kiosk about 10th in the queue and the woman on the desk said the 1st person in the queue would be lucky to get 4 because there was only between 4000-6000 left for general sale :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

got asked to answer that security password about 20 different times up until 9.08 again it was accepted by which time 'there was nothing left'. This is a scam by ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I'm so upset....

This is obviously punishment cos I got the Slane ones fairly easy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

it is really the luck of the draw, i managed to get both slane and the O2.

Pretty sickening to see the prices being asked on Ebay, they review the process, maybe make you bring your passport to prevent touting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

One has to question how many tickets are on sale from 9? Idiots that have no interest in going are very clever in buying loads of these tickets on the button with little left for the people who actually want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

really is a joke how most of us couldn't get tickets since 9.00 on the button and people that have no interest in going get them :mad:

I wouldnt buy a ticket being reselled, never have- never will.

Steviemak wrote: »
    I would not buy one of those printed tickets.

just thinking that myself, that is so dodgy. sure he could just sell itand then get there to the gig really early

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Don't intend to!

Does anyone know from past experience if they are strict on where you sit/stand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

tech2 wrote: »
    One has to question how many tickets are on sale from 9? Idiots that have no interest in going are very clever in buying loads of these tickets on the button with little left for the people who actually want to go.

Contradiction, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

very disappointed

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Don't intend to!

Does anyone know from past experience if they are strict on where you sit/stand?

I was seated at the O2 last year for them and the security/ usher fellas were fairly strict alright. You only get into the little area that your ticket states, no hope for standing if your ticket is seated. They actually kept giving out to us for standing at our seats as well.

Oh, I'm so filled with negativity!!!!!

Contradiction, no?

Well if thats all they can do then they are idiots, law should be changed to get people like these fined

out of curiousity, does anyone know what percentage of tickets are released on o2 priority?

Lillylilly wrote: »
    I was seated at the O2 last year for them and the security/ usher fellas were fairly strict alright. You only get into the little area that your ticket states, no hope for standing if your ticket is seated. They actually kept giving out to us for standing at our seats as well.

Oh, I'm so filled with negativity!!!!!

I really hope you're wrong!

I really hope you're wrong!

Have you been to the O2 since it was done up? I was only there the once, but I remember the queue being broken up and there was a different entrance for those going up to the seats, and those down on the ground. Now, I was tipsy, but this is what I recall!

Good luck though :)

Never been to it at all actually. I'm sure they'd let one slide seeing as I'm acting as guardian? Although I know people will say that will cause a ripple effect and everyone will want to just "let one slide"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

Never been to it at all actually. I'm sure they'd let one slide seeing as I'm acting as guardian? Although I know people will say that will cause a ripple effect and everyone will want to just "let one slide"

not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I was on at 9 on the dot both yesterday & today, & I got nothing..sickened :(

• Advertisement

It depends where you're trying to slide, though, doesn't it?

Are you trying to 'just slide' into the event for free, as you're acting as a guardian to a younger fellow, or are you trying to slide to a whole different area of the venue?

I've been to WWE wrestling in the o2 and the security guys were sound as hell. So long as you're polite and all. They usually let people move to better seats and stuff if other people no-show and such. If the place is packed, I don't see you doing much sliding around though.

I'm enjoying the use of the word 'slide' now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mitybuck20

gutted i didn't get any either!:(..last time i saw them in the rds in dublin...met caleb the next day in temple bar really nice fella..will never 4get it!

Got four standing tickets and one (ten euro dearer) ticket for Block J. Hoping to get to the standing area. Plan on being there early, so I live in pessimistic hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Managed to get 2 for the cheap seats. Not great seats ( of course ) but I'll be there, and I'll be sitting, so that's me happy!

J.

we could always join the "o2 premium club" and get tickets even when events are sold out, 2500 a year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

sonic.trip wrote: »
    out of curiousity, does anyone know what percentage of tickets are released on o2 priority?

From what I heard this morning it would seem that about 60% went on priority and corporate etc...

Messi19 wrote: »
    From what I heard this morning it would seem that about 60% went on priority and corporate etc...

certianly looks that way mate, doesn't it :rolleyes:

Lillylilly wrote: »
    I'm so upset....

This is obviously punishment cos I got the Slane ones fairly easy :(

omg Lily, i can totally feel your pain, got slane pretty easy myself, and i was up at 8.30 this morning to get tickets!! and no luck!! i only wanted 2 standing and i picked 'best available'. This is a disgrace.

So fcuking not fair, especically prob half the tickets were sold to teenyboppers who arent even true fans of kings of leon!!

GUTTED isnt even the word for me, cant even go to college today now because i feel like crying my heart and sole out!!! Recession, hardly by the way slane and 02 sold out!!! Even got my daddy to go into ticketmaster to check and they said they were shocked it sold out so fast, that its crazy!!

Anyone know from now to december the 11th, where i could get 2 standing tickets??? sooo in shock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

it would be so funny if they played just played the first 3 albums, and maybe crawl :) (like oxegen 08). 90% of the crowd wouldnt have a clue what the songs are.

at this stage most of the old KOL fans (pardon pun ;)) from 03-04 like me have given up on the band after the last two albums. I honestly dont think I'l ever see them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

omg Lily, i can totally feel your pain, got slane pretty easy myself, and i was up at 8.30 this morning to get tickets!! and no luck!! i only wanted 2 standing and i picked 'best available'. This is a disgrace.

So fcuking not fair, especically prob half the tickets were sold to teenyboppers who arent even true fans of kings of leon!!

GUTTED isnt even the word for me, cant even go to college today now because i feel like crying my heart and sole out!!! Recession, hardly by the way slane and 02 sold out!!! Even got my daddy to go into ticketmaster to check and they said they were shocked it sold out so fast, that its crazy!!

Anyone know from now to december the 11th, where i could get 2 standing tickets??? sooo in shock!!

Thats unfortunate, seems alot of people on here had no joy :mad:

but all the touts on ebay have loads to spare, some fella has 8 selling at €150.

As for getting one before then just keep tryin ticketmaster daily, some more might become available, but as the concert is in a month they probably did sell all of them today. Only other way is for people to buy from places like ebay, few sellers have bids going on, maybe you might get one cheap there. know how you feel :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement