Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - O2 - Saturday 11th December 2010 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

sonic.trip wrote: »
    certianly looks that way mate, doesn't it :rolleyes:

It certainly does. I had been expecting a gig in the O2 at some point before xmas since they were playing a few in the UK and had been checking up on it every week. Ended up getting a slane ticket cos I thought thats all they were going to play. Even a friend of mine told me on saturday that she knew since the summer that they were playing the O2 (she works there from time to time).

The real thing that annoys me is the amount of tickets popping up for €150-€200 almost immmediate and the amount of genuine fans left completely p***ed right off.

Messi19 wrote: »
    It certainly does. I had been expecting a gig in the O2 at some point before xmas since they were playing a few in the UK and had been checking up on it every week. Ended up getting a slane ticket cos I thought thats all they were going to play. Even a friend of mine told me on saturday that she knew since the summer that they were playing the O2 (she works there from time to time).

The real thing that annoys me is the amount of tickets popping up for €150-€200 almost immmediate and the amount of genuine fans left completely p***ed right off.

I know, it so psissses me off, they buy the tickets for 75 and then charge a bomb for them!!! redick!!!! guys so sad that this day ended like this for me, but then again im the sad one, i would want to get over it like!!! Im so lucky to have gotten slane, tis just im such a huge fan!! Do anyone think they might do another date since this one sold out in seconds??

shocksy wrote: »
    Thats unfortunate, seems alot of people on here had no joy :mad:

but all the touts on ebay have loads to spare, some fella has 8 selling at €150.

As for getting one before then just keep tryin ticketmaster daily, some more might become available, but as the concert is in a month they probably did sell all of them today. Only other way is for people to buy from places like ebay, few sellers have bids going on, maybe you might get one cheap there. know how you feel :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for the sympathy!!! Omg thats so redick tho, thats so exspensive!! thanks for the advice, i hope to get 2 tickets by decemeber 11th!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Do anyone think they might do another date since this one sold out in seconds??

Unlikely this side of xmas. They're in Germany on the 9th and here on the 11th. The 12th could've been a possibility but the O2 is already booked for Here Come The Girls and then its off to the UK until the 21st......but you never know. I'd hope that for those who didn't get tickets that something happens

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Got up early and queued for tickets on my day off but no joy. Was hoping to bring my little brother for his first concert :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rian10

This is such a joke. Ticketmaster and/or O2 and/or MCD need to stop this pre-sale lark. They should go on sale to everyone at a certain time and then at least if you don;t get them you don't feel like an idiot not being part of the pre-sale "in" club. I would love to be an insider in ticketmaster and see if certain IP addresses are given priority in the "queuing" system! I didn't even get a look in this am.

We need to start some kind of petition to stop this.

And for anyone that might think I'm being two faced, I just want to let you know that I got BJ tickets this morning as part of the pre-sale but that was after 2 hours scouring the internet for codes etc. we shouldn't have to do this but after missing out on KOL I felt I had no choice if I wanted to go.

The pre-sale date will eventually become the sale date so what will they dream up next.............a pre-sale, pre-sale date??? give me a break. I am just so annoyed right now.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Rian10 wrote: »
    This is such a joke. Ticketmaster and/or O2 and/or MCD need to stop this pre-sale lark. They should go on sale to everyone at a certain time and then at least if you don;t get them you don't feel like an idiot not being part of the pre-sale "in" club. I would love to be an insider in ticketmaster and see if certain IP addresses are given priority in the "queuing" system! I didn't even get a look in this am.

We need to start some kind of petition to stop this.

And for anyone that might think I'm being two faced, I just want to let you know that I got BJ tickets this morning as part of the pre-sale but that was after 2 hours scouring the internet for codes etc. we shouldn't have to do this but after missing out on KOL I felt I had no choice if I wanted to go.

The pre-sale date will eventually become the sale date so what will they dream up next.............a pre-sale, pre-sale date??? give me a break. I am just so annoyed right now.:mad:

Your idea for presales to be stopped is never going to happen im afraid

mainly because O2 sponsor the venue and as part of that deal they get a priority for their o2 customers to buy tickets 24-48 hours before general public, thus in return it keeps customers who attend the o2 for concerts and also gives them the opportunity of getting new customers from the other networks as they wouldn't have this exclusivity

And as for other bands etc, they might have a fan club which fans pay to be a member of which also gives them access to presales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rian10

thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise that O2 mobile customers also got the pre-sale "treatment". I thought you had to be a member of their Premium club at a cost of €2,500 per year. At this rate, I might even change my network and become another "lamb to the slaughter" of their corporate monopoly. Now I really am pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Friend of mine got me a ticket, said she was refreshing from 8:50-she just got lucky I suppose.

As regards the seating area, you wont be let down to standing 90% of the time when its sold out-you might find the odd security man who will but its a case of sneaking past or asking very nicely. everyone will be standing in their seats anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Agree with all above statements its a joke. Got up and arrived into town at 8:30 to be told they were sold out?? Ticketmaster said that they were going on sale at 9 so either 100% were given to O2 customers and corperates or else they put them on sale early. Either way im pissed off

• Advertisement

iangobl wrote: »
    Agree with all above statements its a joke. Got up and arrived into town at 8:30 to be told they were sold out?? Ticketmaster said that they were going on sale at 9 so either 100% were given to O2 customers and corperates or else they put them on sale early. Either way im pissed off

there is no way they were sold out at 8.30

the page that allows you to buy tickets, does not have the option to find tickets until 09.00 GMT

this is the same for ticketmaster agents in jervis an st stephens green etc, so who ever told you it was sold out was talking rubbish.

o2 & corporate would never get 100%

at max i think o2 get 10-15% of tickets,

plenty got tickets at 9am, and plenty didnt, as other posters said its just the luck of the draw as to who connects to their servers the quickest to secure a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

While it can be very annoying when you're online at 8:59 and by 9:01 the tickets are gone, I think Pre-sale is fair enough, be it to someone who's in a fan club or an O2 customer in the case of the 02.

However, an issue that really does need a solution is touts. People getting online, getting 4 tickets and then selling them online 5 mins later at twice the price. I know touts have been around as long as tickets have, but I would have thought that online ticket sales should have some sort of way of stopping, or at least reducing this.

Maybe something along the lines of you have to supply the names of the buyer and who else will be going, and then bring ID to the event. Of course, I can already see two issues. Firstly, what happens if one person drops out of the group and someone takes their place. I suppose maybe they could say that at least 1 person from the group has to have the same name as originally registered. That would at the very least mean that the touts would have to go to the event themselves and sit beside the people they sold the ticket to!

The second obvious issue is that people won't appreciate being told to bring ID and have to show it etc. A lot of people complain about touts and say something needs to change, but as usual people want change as long as they themselves don't have to...

Anyone else got any ideas of a good way to stop touts? Any other countries come up with some systems?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Glastonburys registration system seems to have worked pretty well the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lazyface

please can comeone explain how they are all sold out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F**k sake !!!!!!!!! i was up since just after 8 trying on ticketmaster and the tickets were'nt even supposed to be on sale till 9 ... i know that some would have been sold to o2 priority customers or some **** like that but a friend of mine was trying codes for last few days and still had no joy ... this is so ****ing annoying cos then some ***** have them on sale for 150 euro's straight away !!!!! **** you ticketmaster your corporate dick sucking clowns !!

sorry for my bad language im just really upset !!!!

jasonb wrote: »
    While it can be very annoying when you're online at 8:59 and by 9:01 the tickets are gone, I think Pre-sale is fair enough, be it to someone who's in a fan club or an O2 customer in the case of the 02.

However, an issue that really does need a solution is touts. People getting online, getting 4 tickets and then selling them online 5 mins later at twice the price. I know touts have been around as long as tickets have, but I would have thought that online ticket sales should have some sort of way of stopping, or at least reducing this.

Maybe something along the lines of you have to supply the names of the buyer and who else will be going, and then bring ID to the event. Of course, I can already see two issues. Firstly, what happens if one person drops out of the group and someone takes their place. I suppose maybe they could say that at least 1 person from the group has to have the same name as originally registered. That would at the very least mean that the touts would have to go to the event themselves and sit beside the people they sold the ticket to!

The second obvious issue is that people won't appreciate being told to bring ID and have to show it etc. A lot of people complain about touts and say something needs to change, but as usual people want change as long as they themselves don't have to...

Anyone else got any ideas of a good way to stop touts? Any other countries come up with some systems?

J.

I agree with you on the touting issue. but as their is no law in place for this, its impossible to stop, unless promoters introduce something, when the miley cyrus concerts were on you had to have ID and the credit card used to purchase the tickets, this will definitely stop touting, but in reality it would take up way too time to check 14,000 people going into the O2 at every concert, not too mention the length it would take to do it at something like slane or oxygen. it just wouldn't be viable, and as you said alot of people would be angry having to bring passport and credit card etc, and personally i dont think the promoters care, because they have reaped the profits on the sales, and ebay certainly dont care as they make a bomb off ticket touts, if you just search ebay and type tickets, hundreds will pop up.

But i agree its totally unfair about touts, but personally i cant see it been stopped unless some legislation comes in and that aint gonna happen, there is touts everywhere in the world rolleyes.gif

Yeah, part of the problem is that the only people who are getting stung my touts, the event goers themselves, aren't in any position to do anything about it ( apart from choose not to go ). The event organiser are happy, they've sold out, and places like ebay are happy, and so, of course, are the touts!

I didn't realise it wasn't illegal, does that mean the people shouting 'anyone buying or selling tickets' are legal when they're doing that?

Could making it illegal to sell a ticket above face value solve it? As then the touts wouldn't make a profit? What's the registration system that Glastonbury uses?

J.

P.S. Would it take that much longer to scan the credit card used for the sale while they're also scanning the ticket with the barcode scanner? I know it would add a little time, but if they were actually serious about stopping touts, that little time extra could do it, and people would eventually get used to it...

glastonburys system is you must provide a passport photo of yourself which is printed onto your ticket. face has to match the ticket! only the buyer can get in.

dont think thats feasible for every ticketmaster gig.....

df1985 wrote: »
    glastonburys system is you must provide a passport photo of yourself which is printed onto your ticket. face has to match the ticket! only the buyer can get in.

Not every gig but for the ones theyre expecting a big following (which always brings a big tout presence) it wouldnt be a bad thing. Open the registration for tickets when the gig is announced and then put them on sale a couple weeks later after giving people who want to go a chance to get sorted.

That's interesting, though I guess it means you can only buy one ticket, you can't buy one for your mate as well? Or will your face appear on both?

Like you said, might not work for every ticket master gig, but at least they're trying something. As most tickets are now sold online ( and most shops sell out very very quickly, a mate of mine was near the top of the queue today and didn't get a KOL one ), then having to bring the card you used to buy the tickets seems like a relatively easy way of cutting down on touts.

I guess what I'm saying is there must be some fairly easy way of getting rid of touts, but for some reason it hasn't been done, probably due to the will to do it just not being there...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

lazyface wrote: »
    please can comeone explain how they are all sold out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can explain it with one simple formula:

DEMAND > SUPPLY

Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

shocksy wrote: »
    there is no way they were sold out at 8.30

the page that allows you to buy tickets, does not have the option to find tickets until 09.00 GMT

this is the same for ticketmaster agents in jervis an st stephens green etc, so who ever told you it was sold out was talking rubbish.

o2 & corporate would never get 100%

at max i think o2 get 10-15% of tickets,

plenty got tickets at 9am, and plenty didnt, as other posters said its just the luck of the draw as to who connects to their servers the quickest to secure a ticket.

Yeah I know that most of this is improbable but they are the only explanations I can think of to why I was told before 9 o clock that all tickets were sold out by the ticketmaster in stephens green. Either that or they were just straight up lying to me

jasonb wrote: »
    Yeah, part of the problem is that the only people who are getting stung my touts, the event goers themselves, aren't in any position to do anything about it ( apart from choose not to go ). The event organiser are happy, they've sold out, and places like ebay are happy, and so, of course, are the touts!

I didn't realise it wasn't illegal, does that mean the people shouting 'anyone buying or selling tickets' are legal when they're doing that?

Could making it illegal to sell a ticket above face value solve it? As then the touts wouldn't make a profit? What's the registration system that Glastonbury uses?

J.

P.S. Would it take that much longer to scan the credit card used for the sale while they're also scanning the ticket with the barcode scanner? I know it would add a little time, but if they were actually serious about stopping touts, that little time extra could do it, and people would eventually get used to it...

No its not illegal, the only tickets illegal to sell are soccer, ebay etc wont list them on their sites. Ticketmaster do state that tickets resold above face value will be cancelled or void etc, but thats also impossible to trace, because people on ebay and touting sites will not reveal seat numbers, they most likely have nicknames as their username, making it impossible for ticketmaster to trace the tickets that are been touted.

Scanning credit cards is a good option, but then you run into the problems of people who no longer have that credit card, for example if it was lost, new expiry date, virtual credit cards such as 3V, these people would then be screwed, every option has a problem that could be encountered.

And to be honest, this has been going on years, they had plenty of oppurtunitys to stop it and never did, so i cant see it happening anytime soon, thats just my opinion, i have been so pissed off when i missed out on tickets in the past, but ive just got used to it :( i either get them or i dont, but i will never ever buy from a tout, unless their face value.

Glastonbury as far as i know have a system going where your picture is on the E-Ticket as far as i know.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jonnyl81

my buddy just bought 2 tickets on ticketmaster website, how is that possible if they were sold out at 9?

on a side note are the words for the security check getting harder and harder to read? would be pissed off if i missed out on tickets because i typed in the words wrong!

jonnyl81 wrote: »
    my buddy just bought 2 tickets on ticketmaster website, how is that possible if they were sold out at 9?

really? i just tried and got none, bummer :mad:

probably have cancelled some tickets who bought over the limit.

i missed out again grrrrr lol

on a side note are the words for the security check getting harder and harder to read? would be pissed off if i missed out on tickets because i typed in the words wrong!

Yeah, maybe I'm just getting older, but they are tough to read. Is there any reason why they can't use real words? At least then you could look at the image and guess that they probably mean a certain word. Sometimes it's impossible to tell if a letter is say, an 'm' or an 'rn' and all you can do is guess and hope, which isn't ideal when you know tickets will be gone in 5 mins...

J.

Handwriting recognition is getting better and better. Its not ideal but they have to stop bots somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I'm an O2 customer and was on the site before 9am yesterday but no joy at all but this morning got 2 standing no problem so it has to be just luck of the draw i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jonnyl81

i looked for 1 ticket at 1 o clock and they said none available then i checked again and it was giving me a ticket for block a, very strange :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rian10 wrote: »
    thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise that O2 mobile customers also got the pre-sale "treatment". I thought you had to be a member of their Premium club at a cost of €2,500 per year. At this rate, I might even change my network and become another "lamb to the slaughter" of their corporate monopoly. Now I really am pissed off.

Just do what i did, go on the O2 website and request a free sim card, chuck a fiver on it and use it only for presale

Advertisement