Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - O2 - Saturday 11th December 2010 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

lazyface wrote: »
    please can comeone explain how they are all sold out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F**k sake !!!!!!!!! i was up since just after 8 trying on ticketmaster and the tickets were'nt even supposed to be on sale till 9 ... i know that some would have been sold to o2 priority customers or some **** like that but a friend of mine was trying codes for last few days and still had no joy ... this is so ****ing annoying cos then some ***** have them on sale for 150 euro's straight away !!!!! **** you ticketmaster your corporate dick sucking clowns !!

sorry for my bad language im just really upset !!!!

only a fool would buy them for 150. I would bet any money that ticketmaster will release a few thousand tickets 2-3 days before the gig to screw the ticket touts. they do this a lot for big gigs that sell out, think they did it for blink 182, and rage against the machine, cant remember exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

jasonb wrote: »
    Yeah, part of the problem is that the only people who are getting stung my touts, the event goers themselves, aren't in any position to do anything about it

for glastonbury a few years ago (they might still be doing it now), when you bought a ticket, it had your name and address on it. when you went to the gig, you needed a photo ID to prove you bought the ticket. considering the amount of people going to glastonbury, it was a massive task but worked. it wouldnt be a massive gob in the o2, would need a few more staff allright, but its worth it IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

df1985 wrote: »
    on a side note are the words for the security check getting harder and harder to read? would be pissed off if i missed out on tickets because i typed in the words wrong!

there is a button "try another", this will give you a new security word without losing your place in the queue, after pressing this you usually get an easier to read security word

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »
    I think they might have some IP or cookie setup that sees you refreshing and might think you are a robot or threat to the site something.

Myself, I log into my ticketmaster account (I think this might favour you), get up the GMT website to see when it is really 9am, wait 5-10 secs after and then attempt to buy for the first time (never refreshing or going forward/back). I got AC/DC tickets this way when they sold out incredibly quick for the O2. Another tip is to ring them at the same time as doing this, if the internet works then hang up.
    apope8 wrote: »
    same been hitting refresh on my browser since 8:55 and when find tickets came up I havnt been able to get tickets! Bulling!
    lazyface wrote: »
    i was up since just after 8 trying on ticketmaster and the tickets were'nt even supposed to be on sale till 9 !
    The frefreshing business could be going against you. As I said earlier
    I think they might have some IP or cookie setup that sees you refreshing and might think you are a robot or threat to the site something.

Myself, I log into my ticketmaster account (I think this might favour you), get up the GMT website to see when it is really 9am, wait 5-10 secs after and then attempt to buy for the first time (never refreshing or going forward/back). I got AC/DC tickets this way when they sold out incredibly quick for the O2. Another tip is to ring them at the same time as doing this, if the internet works then hang up.

iangobl wrote: »
    Agree with all above statements its a joke. Got up and arrived into town at 8:30 to be told they were sold out??
    If you mean you were in dublin city you should be going to soundcellar, AFAIK they still get actual printed tickets in advance. If you are going to HMV etc they are printed out there and then, so in effect it is like queuing up in a internet cafe trying to buy them online, if they are sold out in 1min then anybody left in the queue is not going to get them (at least I think this is how it works). While in soundcellar they have printed out tickets in hand and you can probably ring a day I advance to see how many they have, they might even hold them if you leave a deposit, I think I heard of somebody doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lansing

Got 2 tickets at 9am on ticketmaster site. All this talk of tickets sold out at 8:30am and 100% going to 02 presale and corporate is rubbish. It's all down to the servers and how lucky you are to get a connection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Presale for o2 is 10% of the total capacity unless this has changed.

Got to love the conspiracy theory that MCD are screwing people out of tickets.
    Ever big concert that sells out quickly it's the same story - OMG conspiracy...

Have a think about that for a second. MCD/TM are keeping tickets from the general public and selling them to.... eh .... well just other members of the general public.

As long as the gig sells out promoters generally don't give a sh-ite who's bought there tickets. They legally have to put in place precautions to stop 'bots' buying their tickets in bulk but there is nothing against touts on two/three laptops with a few credit cards logged in to TM buying the maximum amount of tickets. This is where alot of needed tickets go imo. It should be highlighted by TM/MCd but again as long as they get the money instantly they don't really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

The frefreshing business could be going against you. As I said earlier

If you mean you were in dublin city you should be going to soundcellar, AFAIK they still get actual printed tickets in advance. If you are going to HMV etc they are printed out there and then, so in effect it is like queuing up in a internet cafe trying to buy them online, if they are sold out in 1min then anybody left in the queue is not going to get them (at least I think this is how it works). While in soundcellar they have printed out tickets in hand and you can probably ring a day I advance to see how many they have, they might even hold them if you leave a deposit, I think I heard of somebody doing that.

Didnt know that ill keep it in mind next time thanks for the advice. I was just baffled when i turned up half an hour early and ticketmaster told me they sold out. Probably explains it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fe1ready

I stood 1st in the queue at a ticketmaster desk in dublin city. The sales guy couldn't even get to log on and when he finally got on at 9.00 am he said they were sold out.

TOTAL JOKE.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

fe1ready wrote: »
    I stood 1st in the queue at a ticketmaster desk in dublin city. The sales guy couldn't even get to log on and when he finally got on at 9.00 am he said they were sold out.

TOTAL JOKE.

sorry to be cruel mate, but that is funny and sickening all in the one go. I agree it is a total joke, by the way I never got any and was on the internet since 8.45, so feel free to luag at me :D

lordgoat wrote: »
    Got to love the conspiracy theory that MCD are screwing people out of tickets.
    Ever big concert that sells out quickly it's the same story - OMG conspiracy...

Have a think about that for a second. MCD/TM are keeping tickets from the general public and selling them to.... eh .... well just other members of the general public.

Actually, wasn't there something on watchdog on BBC recently about ticketmaster owning www.<insert tout site name >.com or something? so in a way it is a total conspiracy if its true. . holding onto tickets for the other website and getting more money for them.

• Advertisement

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Actually, wasn't there something on watchdog on BBC recently about ticketmaster owning [url/url] or something? so in a way it is a total conspiracy if its true. . holding onto tickets for the other website and getting more money for them.

Yep but that site is in the US, not in our wonderful little country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ticketmaster auctions, Ireland. Still looking beta? Thankfully.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ticketauctions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Good article by Trent Reznor - http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2009/03/trent_reznor_th.html

Anyway.. back on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/ian-odoherty/ian-odoherty-well-its-that-time-of-the-year-again-2413709.html
    As Irish students have been pointing out so vociferously over the last week, the looming cuts could decimate the Irish education system.
    And while the student movement has to be careful that its aims aren't co-opted by lunatic fringe groups like eirigi, everyone knows that an educated workforce is a vital component in eventually escaping the mire we're currently in.
    Yup, we need an educated, resourceful, motivated student body.
    We need people like 'corklassy' from boards.ie.
    On a thread about the Kings Of Leon ticketing debacle, she wrote: "So fcuking not fair, especically prob half the tickets were sold to teenyboppers who arent even true fans of kings of leon!! GUTTED isnt even the word for me, cant even go to college today now because i feel like crying my heart and sole out!!! Recession, hardly by the way slane and 02 sold out!!! Even got my daddy to go into ticketmaster to check and they said they were shocked it sold out so fast, that its crazy!!"
    So, here we have a student who bunks off from college because she can't get a ticket for a gig and who, apart from the creative approach towards English, doesn't know the difference between 'soul' and 'sole'.
    Presumably she's not doing English in college.
    Although, these days, you'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nm wrote: »
    Ticketmaster auctions, Ireland. Still looking beta? Thankfully.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ticketauctions
    This masked touting is already going on, in the form of "fan sites" e.g. U2 might have a fan site which costs $40 to join and you can get preorder tickets. I know a few people who did sign up to U2's site, they had zero interest in the site itself but it was easier than having to deal with a risky tout and hand over the same amount, U2 know fine well most people have no interest in the fan site but its a clever cover story.

O2 are sort of doing the same themselves, enticing people to sign up to their phone system. Does anybody know if you can simply buy a cheap ready-to-go sim to get on the preorder O2 list? Would you have to top it up to keep it "in date".

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Billy Davey

O2 are sort of doing the same themselves, enticing people to sign up to their phone system. Does anybody know if you can simply buy a cheap ready-to-go sim to get on the preorder O2 list? Would you have to top it up to keep it "in date".

Having a presale code for this gig was effectively useless. They were gone instantly.

The presale came in handy for me in 2008 when I got KOL and Coldplay tickets using it. It was a fairly new thing then though.

Now everyone has copped on to it. And you can just get a mate of yours on O2 to get you a code.

More pathetic lazy journalism from the indo again. Why bother trying to write something intelligent when i can copy and paste from boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Having a presale code for this gig was effectively useless. They were gone instantly.

The presale came in handy for me in 2008 when I got KOL and Coldplay tickets using it. It was a fairly new thing then though.

Now everyone has copped on to it. And you can just get a mate of yours on O2 to get you a code.

If you got tickets in the presale you probably wouldn't feel it was useless.

Yep but that site is in the US, not in our wonderful little country.

you seem to be mistaken, this is actually happening A LOT closer to the US than you think. In fact this is happening not so far away in the UK, the previous website quoted was wrong (my mistake), in fact it was this one on BBC's watchdog, link below:

Notice how these lazy shhiite's don't list a contact email like their rip off idiotic counterparts-tiketmaster (shock horrror) but they do list their job vacancy emails (of course) contact as www.ticketmaster.co.uk/careers

RIP OFF SHAMS, scum of the earth in my opinion, should be banned from scamming any further, , ,

sonic.trip wrote: »
    you seem to be mistaken, this is actually happening A LOT closer to the US than you think. In fact this is happening not so far away in the UK, the previous website quoted was wrong (my mistake), in fact it was this one on BBC's watchdog, link below:

Notice how these lazy shhiite's don't list a contact email like their rip off idiotic counterparts-tiketmaster (shock horrror) but they do list their job vacancy emails (of course) contact as www.ticketmaster.co.uk/careers

RIP OFF SHAMS, scum of the earth in my opinion, should be banned from scamming any further, , ,

Again, this is still not in this country so no i'm not mistaken.

While i agree and i think it is a horrible practice there's nothing we can do being citizens of a different country about this.

I will say the one thing the UK has over here and the US is a well established newtork of decent ticket sellers. I've been to numerous gigs in the UK and have never used ticketmaster. This in my eyes is a much bigger area to try and encourage.

Anyways this has gone off topic enough so...

KOL talk from here on - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Got my tickets on ticketmaster.ie at 09:00 yesterday morning. When I tired to pick a specific area it was coming back with the none available crap but when I swiched to best avaialable it gave me the chance to purchase them after about 3 attempts to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

With a massively in demand gig such as this, you have to choose Best Available and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus christ, is that actually for real?

Christ you really would want to be careful what you say here. Ian O Doherty will stick you in the Fianna Fails finest rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wibs

That Ian O'Doherty thing is ridiculous.

Ian,

What Ireland really needs is lazy sarcastic columnists who spend their day cruising boards.ie looking for ideas on something to write about. Corklassy is a young lady who is just a bit emotional about not getting her concert tickets, Ian O'Doherty comes across as a bitter sour faced auld one making smart arse comments that are neither clever nor amusing. An 18 year olds emotional outburst over a ticket farce is not indicative of her motivation, resourcefulness or anything else you can look up in your thesaurus Ian.

In addition, I read the article you wrote today, it was forgettable and devoid of wit, but hey so what, nothing unusual about that. It's not uncommon in this country to see people with very little talent or real skill within a profession getting an enviable job that others would clearly be better at. :pac:

wibs wrote: »
    That Ian O'Doherty thing is ridiculous.

Ian,

What Ireland really needs is lazy sarcastic columnists who spend their day cruising boards.ie looking for ideas on something to write about. Corklassy is a young lady who is just a bit emotional about not getting her concert tickets, Ian O'Doherty comes across as a bitter sour faced auld one making smart arse comments that are neither clever nor amusing. An 18 year olds emotional outburst over a ticket farce is not indicative of her motivation, resourcefulness or anything else you can look up in your thesaurus Ian.

In addition, I read the article you wrote today, it was forgettable and devoid of wit, but hey so what, nothing unusual about that. It's not uncommon in this country to see people with very little talent or real skill within a profession getting an enviable job that others would clearly be better at. :pac:

While I agree with your sentiments let's not give him any more any more publicity, we don't want to end up on the late late show with him!

Back on topic from here on guys. Thanks.

More pathetic lazy journalism from the indo again. Why bother trying to write something intelligent when i can copy and paste from boards.

It really is pathetic, petty, lazy journalism. You would expect that from the sun or the star. maybe they should stop skiving off from work onto facebook and boards and start doing some real journalism-stick that in your indo!

sonic.trip from boards says ".................. bugger off":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

More standing tickets just released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭sparktest

I could kiss you mooeire.

Just got 4.

Presale O2 failed.
    General release fail
    Sly release - got 4...!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

sparktest wrote: »
    I could kiss you mooeire.

Just got 4.

Presale O2 failed.
    General release fail