Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - O2 - Saturday 11th December 2010 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

For a band with 5 albums, they didn't play for very long. It was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Kings Of Leon are a band who play good songs well on tour, but they're not a great live band.

They played from 9:15 'til 10:50 or so, with a 5 min break before the last 3 songs. So yeah, it's a relatively short set. Caleb talked to the crowd about 4 times, and only one of them was more than the usual 'how you all doing tonight' kinda stuff. So not a lot of interaction.

Of course, less talking means more songs and they're very good musicians and they played the songs very well, and the crowd was into it alright. They seemed to be enjoying it themselves too.

So, I suppose, if you like a gig that's one of those perfect nights where you're part of something special, they're not really the band for you. However, if you just want to see a good band play good songs live, they're great at that.

To be honest, I don't think Slane will suit them, I could see them just playing it the same as all their other gigs, and it won't be one of those 'special' nights, which is what you want from Slane.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy last night, but it's nowhere near the best gigs I've ever seen...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

jasonb wrote: »
    Kings Of Leon are a band who play good songs well on tour, but they're not a great live band.

They played from 9:15 'til 10:50 or so, with a 5 min break before the last 3 songs. So yeah, it's a relatively short set. Caleb talked to the crowd about 4 times, and only one of them was more than the usual 'how you all doing tonight' kinda stuff. So not a lot of interaction.

Of course, less talking means more songs and they're very good musicians and they played the songs very well, and the crowd was into it alright. They seemed to be enjoying it themselves too.

So, I suppose, if you like a gig that's one of those perfect nights where you're part of something special, they're not really the band for you. However, if you just want to see a good band play good songs live, they're great at that.

To be honest, I don't think Slane will suit them, I could see them just playing it the same as all their other gigs, and it won't be one of those 'special' nights, which is what you want from Slane.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy last night, but it's nowhere near the best gigs I've ever seen...

J.

Metallica usually spend half the night talking, but will still cram in 18 songs, with the majority over 5 mins in length (You will usually get at least one 8-10 minuiter !)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

the whigs are a class act

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Think the general consensus was that it was alright, wasn't blown away by any means. the crowd were ****e I thought, such a difference between last night and the rds a few years ago. Didn't play the bucket-ragin!

Came out thinking I was happy enough I didnt get a slane ticket, not worth the hassle and they definately won't suit it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Didnt talk to anyone who was happy after the concert.

They really cant get the crowd going. They are prob told just before they go on stage what country they are in.

Great misicians though- every song was flawless.

Crowd didnt help- alot of girls treated it like the was the Backstreet boys.

Oh and glad i dont have a slaine taicket.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I thought they were very good live, it wasn't "amazing" but I enjoyed last night a lot. In my opinion foals that I seen last month was the best live band I have seen this year.

THought they would come back out for the en core and play the bucket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sonic.trip wrote: »
    I thought they were very good live, it wasn't "amazing" but I enjoyed last night a lot. In my opinion foals that I seen last month was the best live band I have seen this year.

THought they would come back out for the en core and play the bucket.

that foals gig was tame to when i saw them at EP. Plus anyone i've spoken too thats seen foals before said that olympia gig was tame in comaprison.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Billy Davey

Thought it was a pretty good gig. Sound was excellent, the acoustics in the O2 are brilliant.

But I was disappointed in the setlist. Only one song from the first album and one song from the second album, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thought it was a pretty good gig. Sound was excellent, the acoustics in the O2 are brilliant.

But I was disappointed in the setlist. Only one song from the first album and one song from the second album, if I remember correctly.

That wouldn't surprise me too much, the tour is in support of a new album, and the previous album was probably their biggest selling one...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Yeah i thought they were just ok too . Played very well but didn't seem into the whole thing at all so very glad I didn't get a Slane ticket. Best time I've seen them was about 7 years ago in Auckland when they were just starting out and only about 100 people looking at them but things change when you sell so many records I suppose......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Het-Field wrote: »
    Metallica usually spend half the night talking, but will still cram in 18 songs, with the majority over 5 mins in length (You will usually get at least one 8-10 minuiter !)
    Its because Metallica are a real band, not a bunch of "rock stars" just showing up to get paid :rolleyes:

Went down to try get a ticket at the door for my girlfriend. Touts looking for €120 a ticket. **** that. The Slane ticket was a stretch for me, and I am going there for the support acts, not so much KOL

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Its because Metallica are a real band, not a bunch of "rock stars" just showing up to get paid :rolleyes:

Went down to try get a ticket at the door for my girlfriend. Touts looking for €120 a ticket. **** that. The Slane ticket was a stretch for me, and I am going there for the support acts, not so much KOL

You do know that the support for Slane isn't announced yet right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

lordgoat wrote: »
    You do know that the support for Slane isn't announced yet right?
    Of course, but Slanes support is usually awesome, I go no matter whos headlining. I do like Kings of Leon, but last time I saw them in 09 they were mediocre at best. I get the impression fame has gone to their heads =/

Advertisement