Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget build advice

Options
  • 05-11-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

OK, I have been lurking around here for quite some time, I want to put together a budget gaming / remote media server PC with an eye on a certain degree of upgradeability and maybe even good for a spot of overclocking ;).

I already have the following: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM hard drive, NEC DVD±RW burner (ND-4571A), Antec True550 Low Noise 550w PSU, keyboard, mouse and a Win 7 OS license.

AMD looks like value for money compared to Intel, the 5770 seems to offer the best bang-for-buck at the moment and the BenQ monitor does 1080p.

I want to keep my budget around the €450 mark.

Any recommended changes? Will my HD be OK or should I upgrade as well? Same for the DVD drive. The Antec True550 is pushing on a bit but still works, might need a few power adapter cables. Not much choice in cases with HWVS at the moment, might hold off until something better becomes available.

hwvsbasket.jpg

Advertisement