Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky or foreign satellite

• 05-11-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm new here and just came across this forum at the moment i only have rte1,2,tv3 and tg4.I was going to get sky installed in my house but seen this forum so just wondering which would be the best to get installed and what is the big difference? any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

johnny do you like your gadgets and do you have a good idea of technology?

Why I ask is having a motorised dish or even a fixed dish can be very awkward if you dont have any idea of satellite stuff

I use to work with a satellite engineer and I thought I had a good idea of satellite dishes, but when i came to the motor side, I was wrong

For example a cyfra card (polish card) will give you majority of sky sports have, maybe even more. All for 168 euro (1yrs worth)

The language is in polish but it's not the biggest deal tbh

you could have your entertainment packs plus your soccer from cyfra

Also if you go down the motorised dish route, you'd be very surprised how much free soccer you'll get from the bundesliga to PL

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Thanks for the reply headshot tbh i'm not the best when it comes to technology.I would prefer to watch the television in english i never seen any foreign satellite before and just read this forum and seen that it shows alot of premier league games.I seen sky in a friends house and it was easy to use so that's probably the way to go if i want to watch in english then i guess?I just wanted the best value package available if i'm going to pay for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

johnny just go for the sky plus, maybe even NTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Ya honestly pay for sky or ntl if your not a tech freak!

Its more a hobby then anything having a motorized set up!!

But its fun:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you don't need Sky Sport, then get a Freesat HD system. No subscription and as easy to use as Sky. Pay for proper installation. UPC(NTL) is great for broadband though.

PVR versions available. RTE isn't free on Sat right now, but is on Aerial.
    various articles http://www.techtir.ie/saortv

• Advertisement
Advertisement