Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner Advice Please?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I wonder if any of you could offer some advice.

I want to get some hand drawn work into photoshop (to create brushes & templates) and to scan polaroid photos/prints, as well as be able to scan certain items like paper shapes to make into clipart to use on my photos.

My question is what kind of scanner should I be looking into?

When I typed scanner into Amazon it brings up things like flatbeds and digital photo scanners, and I know a lot of it is probably just jargon, but it doesn't make any sense to a scanner newbie like me and a little pointer in the right direction would be really helpful :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

An A4 flatbed scanner is probably what you want, which is what most of them are. Going on your description, I'd just go cheap on it unless you're really into detail work on small mediums or have very delicate colour requirements.
    You don't have to splash out much to scan photos from the prints... scanners have come a long way, so I'd say go cheap then upgrade if you ever find the need to.
    When in doubt google for specific reviews of what ever model you're looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Cool, thanks a million :) I just need something that will get basic black & white work into photoshop for me so I can work on it there, so it sounds like what you've said will suit me just fine.

Cheers!

Advertisement