Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDA Announcement for Galway on Monday with Minister O'Keefe?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone any info as to what industry/ jobs will be announced by IDA/ Minister O'Keefe in Galway next Monday?

IDA has sent out invites to some of the top dogs in local companies to attend?

Be great to see something big happening!

DM

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Monorail, Monorail, Monorail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ir555 wrote: »

IDA has sent out invites to some of the top dogs in local companies to attend?

An extension to the greyhound racing track.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Burger Kin...oh wait we already got that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

News this week 50 jobs created with low - mid pay range
    News next week - 100,000 lawyers and rocket scientists apply for said 50 jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Fuctifino wrote: »
    News this week 50 jobs created with low - mid pay range
    News next week - 100,000 lawyers and rocket scientists apply for said 50 jobs

So true. Yesterday it made the national radio news (RTE 1 I think), that Joyce's are opening a supermarket in Tuam which will create 50 jobs!

• Advertisement

http://www.galwaynews.ie/15933-significant-jobs-announcement-expected-city
    An American company will announce details of a significant number of new jobs for Galway next week.

It's understood the Market research company will announce at least 50 new jobs at an event in the city on Monday.

The US firm is opening a new branch here, thought to be in the Ballybrit area and is making a substantial investment in market research for high end technology companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Does anybody know if they have advertised for recruitment yet, or any idea what the company is called?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Whoever it is, it will be re-announced as a good news day before the next election. Happened with SAP..:D

A bit of googling suggests that Industrial Info Resources are hiring Multilingual Market Researchers – Based in Galway.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1067481

Not sure if it is that - they seem to be already here.

I wonder if that would qualify me for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Multilingual Market Researchers

Merde!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's one American software company planning to relocate: interviewed loads of people a couple of weeks back (and didn't select me :( ). We went into the interviews not even knowing who the company was, which was weird. Am not willing to say who it was 'cos we were told it's still confidential. But I don't think it's think one, 'cos they said there'd be no announcements until some people had actually started work.

I also know of one other American integrated comms / IT-ish company that's establishing an office on the east side of town as we speak. Looks like they're recruiting high-end Java etc developers though, who have been in short supply for a while. Again, not saying the company name 'cos I found it out through a professional source. It could be therm.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1108/jobs-business.html
    A US market research firm, Industrial Info Resources, is to create 50 new jobs in Galway.
    The new jobs will be in research, sales, administration and management and will be based in the city's Ballybritt Business Park.
    Headquartered in Texas, IIR carries out in-depth market research on the industrial processing, heavy manufacturing and energy-related industries worldwide and the new jobs in Galway will support its clients worldwide.
    'Galway is an ideal location to grow our operations to better service our customers throughout Europe,' commented the president of IIR, Ed Lewis.
    'We are confident that the skills we require are readily available in Ireland for the long-term success of our European operations,' he added.
    'IIR's investment in Galway reinforces the western region's growing reputation as a location for high-end business services operations,' commented the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Innovation, Batt O'Keeffe.
    He added that Galway was well positioned to play a key role in the firm's continued growth.
    I was correct - do I get the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1108/jobs-business.html

I was correct - do I get the job?

If they're the company I think they are, then most jobs advertised lately require a 2nd European language (or more). I think that's what they mean by being confident that the skills exist in Galway - it's a spot that lots of folks from continental Europe seem happy to come and live in for a while. Delighted to hear that they've moved to the more-accessible Ballybrit estate though, jobs were based in Claregalway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

They have been in Ballybrit for about 3 years (were renamed last year). Before that they were in Furbo.

Advertisement