Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niamh Hennessy voicemail?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering what People think of Niamh Hennessy releasing the details of the Voicemail left on her phone by Neil Prendeville.

- Personally I thought it was very poor form to go public with what was after all a private apology.

Would People consider this to be a case of someone seeking to personally gain in terms of their own notoriety, career or whatever at the expense of someone else's misfortune and misery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

How did he get her number??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

murrayp4 wrote: »
    How did he get her number??

Sorry - I didn't really include any specifics as I didn't know what her profile was down Leeside.

Personally I didn't know who she was until I read in todays Irish Independent that she is, it would seem, a Journalist with the Examiner Newspaper. From he articles I found online She is, in my opinion, a little more Cecilia Ahern than she is a Cork born Hemingway.

It seems that she had made available the contents of (what I judge to be) his private and personal apology on her Mobile and had chosen to make it available to her Newspaper for general consumption and review by the Public at large.

- She didn't pen the story herself however and I just thought there seemed to be something a little 'off' about the whole thing.

For the record I think its a plain and simple fact that there has to be seriously compromised mental faculties (Drug induced and temporary naturally) involved before People whip it out and play Ham Solo out in Public - Even more so in the case of a Professional with a relatively high Public profile.

I think at this stage there is a little bit too much bullying involved and from People who should have left the School yard a long, long time ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Perhaps she forwarded the message to the police and/or a legal team and the leak came from there. Are we sure the leak came directly from her?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

what was wrong with her revealing it ? it was on her phone, she is entitled to do it. plus we do no know if it was her mobile or work phone.. and how did he get her number anyway...

if it was a story that NEIL was following up on, he wouldn't think twice about playing it every 2 mins on air. he is well used to being the man with high morals when it suits him, spent enough time pontificating, thinking he was gods gift to cork !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

It is possible that there would have been no story without her. She passed on the private voicemail that he left her and details of the incident to the media. Air Lingus were kinda forced to act because of her. I assume she thinks that bringing Prendeville down will help her career.

• Advertisement

scuby wrote: »

if it was a story that NEIL was following up on, he wouldn't think twice about playing it every 2 mins on air. he is well used to being the man with high morals when it suits him, spent enough time pontificating, thinking he was gods gift to cork !!
    No fan of Prendeville and his pious pontificating on radio. However IMO Miamh Hennessey sold him out and destroyed him to advance her career. IMO she is no better than a UK kiss and tell girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I know Niamh personally and she is one of the nicest people I've ever met, I'd be waiting for an official statement before people on here go judging her, she's not the one who got her dick out, if she can get anything positive out of this then good luck to her.

Dave147 wrote: »
    I know Niamh personally and she is one of the nicest people I've ever met, I'd be waiting for an official statement before people on here go judging her, she's not the one who got her dick out, if she can get anything positive out of this then good luck to her.

Indeed (I don't know the girl and have never heard of her) but that voicemail was a disgrace, he had no right to contact the lady in any way, I'm sure she was delighted to hear his voice after what happened. No doubt he only apologised on the advice of he legal team.

MRBEAVER wrote: »
    It is possible that there would have been no story without her. She passed on the private voicemail that he left her and details of the incident to the media. Air Lingus were kinda forced to act because of her. I assume she thinks that bringing Prendeville down will help her career.

aer lingus would have acted with or without Niamh...why is she the bad person here ???? Neil got his cock out and did the wrong thing, was asked 3 time to stop by the cabin crew.... helloooooooo who is wrong ??

he got the 4.15 flight from cork and the 10.15 back from london.. between travel time between airport and hotel, speechs, that does not give him aot of time to get twisted drunk... neurofen or not

No fan of Prendeville and his pious pontificating on radio. However IMO Miamh Hennessey sold him out and destroyed him to advance her career. IMO she is no better than a UK kiss and tell girl.

Would you have the same opinion if it was your sister/mother/daughter ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

FFS people. Its been observed that masturbation or sexual hallucination happens on some occasions under sedation.

The guy is a public figure, he is not going to have a bloody danger **** and risk his career if he was in his right mind.

Regardless of the morals of making his apology public, its pretty obvious that the guy isnt some schoolyard flashing freak.

I cringe for him sure, but I am cringing far more at peoples over the top reactions.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Indeed (I don't know the girl and have never heard of her) but that voicemail was a disgrace, he had no right to contact the lady in any way, I'm sure she was delighted to hear his voice after what happened. No doubt he only apologised on the advice of he legal team.
    He contacted her because he thought that he might ne in trouble. But he did apologise. Remember this happened two weeks ago. Aer Lingus would not have made a complaint if Niamh Hennessey had not made Prendevilles private apology public this storey is because of her wanting toake a name for herself.

scuby wrote: »
    Would you have the same opinion if it was your sister/mother/daughter ??
    If she was my sister/mother/daughter I would advise her against trying to advance her career by opportunistically destroying a "celebrity". If she was really traumatised would therapy rather making his private apology public be a better option.

i hope you will be all as forgiving if im ever caught walking down patrick st after a few beers with my todger hanging out smiling at the girls :cool:

if it was an ordinary guy, prenderville would want him arrested and listed on sex offenders register. he was not arrested that night in the airport cause of who he was....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Jumpy wrote: »
    FFS people. Its been observed that masturbation or sexual hallucination happens on some occasions under sedation.

The guy is a public figure, he is not going to have a bloody danger **** and risk his career if he was in his right mind.

Regardless of the morals of making his apology public, its pretty obvious that the guy isnt some schoolyard flashing freak.

I cringe for him sure, but I am cringing far more at peoples over the top reactions.

Sedation? Could you elaborate on this please? What exactly sedated him, because if he drank enough alcohol to put himself in this state while representing Cork in London then he deserves everything he gets.

Was it the nurofen plus? Three Nurofen Plus tablets gives you 38.4mgs of codeine. I'm a qualified pharmacist and currently studying pharmacology in med school and I would testify to any court in the land that 38.4 mgs of codeine is highly highly highly unlikely to cause signicicant sedation. The effects of mixing it with alcohol are more complex but in my opinion the codeine would is not the significant factor here. In fact sexual dysfunction is a side effect of codeine, I have never heard of it giving people urges to expose themselves.

So what caused a well known personality over in London to represent the people of Cork to behave like a devient?

If she was my sister/mother/daughter I would advise her against trying to advance her career by opportunistically destroying a "celebrity". If she was really traumatised would therapy rather making his private apology public be a better option.

the truth hurts... and the truth got Neil in trouble, not the misfortunate girl who was sitting beside him that had to see what she did... she will probably need therapy after seeing it anyway... i think i do just thinking about it :eek:

let that be a lesson to us all... and as Twink said, "zip up your auld mickey" :D

Sometimes in life you make your bed and have to lie in it. It's tough and hurts a lot of people but we've all been there to a greater or lesser extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

gpf101 wrote: »
    Sedation? Could you elaborate on this please? What exactly sedated him, because if he drank enough alcohol to put himself in this state while representing Cork in London then he deserves everything he gets.

Was it the nurofen plus? Three Nurofen Plus tablets gives you 38.4mgs of codeine. I'm a qualified pharmacist and currently studying pharmacology in med school and I would testify to any court in the land that 38.4 mgs of codeine is highly highly highly unlikely to cause signicicant sedation. The effects of mixing it with alcohol are more complex but in my opinion the codeine would is not the significant factor here. In fact sexual dysfunction is a side effect of codeine, I have never heard of it giving people urges to expose themselves.

So what caused a well known personality over in London to represent the people of Cork to behave like a devient?

Two is enough to have me struggle to stay awake. Add that to hypoxia caused by cabin pressure, dehydration and alcohol consumption. I can see it happening, especuilly if there were other factors that he hasnt presented, such as a sleeping tablet or something similar. Benzodiazepines can definitely cause such a reaction.

One thing that strikes me is if he couldn't remember anything then how did he know to phone the journalist and apologise?

But anyway, benzodiazepines were never mentioned. As for the codeine, fair enough but I am still strongly of the opinion that the amount contained in 3 nurofen plus tablets is not enough of an excuse for the behaviour that occurred. Maybe I'm wrong. But that's my opinion.

I have heard of reports of sexual hallucinations with agents like propofol but not with codeine. Again I was under the impression that opiates are more likely to induce sexual dysfunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There's a lot of analysis going on in thread. How did he get the number, how much he drank, what he took, etc. etc. Just for a minute tho...step back an realised how seriously fcuked up the situation was! It is almost surreal. Most people thatget pissed on a place decide to start a fight. That Max Clifford fella was on radio about it an called the whole thing "bizarre".

It'll be interesting to see how the situation develops in the next few weeks as more facts come out.

One thing tho and it cant be emphasized enough, his wife and kids must be going through hell. Not nice for them.

• Advertisement

I really feel for his family. I can just imagine how I'd feel in their shoes. It's terribly sad for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Jumpy wrote: »
    Two is enough to have me struggle to stay awake. Add that to hypoxia caused by cabin pressure, dehydration and alcohol consumption. I can see it happening, especuilly if there were other factors that he hasnt presented, such as a sleeping tablet or something similar. Benzodiazepines can definitely cause such a reaction.

You don't really believe that do you? Nurofen plus, come on..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

He contacted her because he thought that he might ne in trouble. But he did apologise. Remember this happened two weeks ago. Aer Lingus would not have made a complaint if Niamh Hennessey had not made Prendevilles private apology public this storey is because of her wanting toake a name for herself.

He contacted her because he thought he might be in trouble... really?!? Neil beating the lad off himself in the front row of an aircraft is not the sort of thing that goes away with a phone call. The two air stewards that were subjected to his little puppet show were in Togher Garda station once they left the airport filing a complaint and it's frankly ludicrous to suggest that Aerlingus wouldn't have been contacting the Gardai if it weren't for the story going public.

I'm going to bring this back to basics because the basics have eluded some People here.......

Most adult Humans won't fart in public because it's socially unacceptable and embarrassing.

- How People can castigate and denigrate this poor Man on the idiotic assumption that he just somehow felt like destroying his life on a passing, casual sexual whim is beyond me.

As for the 'Journalist' and her integrity - as far as I am concerned there are parallels with the Paris Tunnel Princess Diana aftermath and the ignorant Paparazzi running to take cheap snaps - ie car crash territory and an ugly, crass willingness to profit from unlucky mishap and misfortune.....

It's a pity because if she had kept her nose clean, dotted her i's and kept her form she could have been the next Alison O'Riordan in 15 or 25 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Raiser wrote: »
    I'm going to bring this back to basics because the basics have eluded some People here.......

Most adult Humans won't fart in public because it's socially unacceptable and embarrassing.

- How People can castigate and denigrate this poor Man on the idiotic assumption that he just somehow felt like destroying his life on a passing, casual sexual whim is beyond me.

As for the 'Journalist' and her integrity - as far as I am concerned there are parallels with the Paris Tunnel Princess Diana aftermath and the ignorant Paparazzi running to take cheap snaps - ie car crash territory and an ugly, crass willingness to profit from unlucky mishap and misfortune.....

It's a pity because if she had kept her nose clean, dotted her i's and kept her form she could have been the next Alison O'Riordan in 15 or 25 years.

I met the guy while I was on work experience in 96FM about 9 years ago, he was one of the rudest and most ignorant people I've ever met and he really left an impression on me but this has been blown way out of proportion, not that it isn't a big deal but he will be dragged over the coals because of his reputation, I'm assuming that it's generally accepted that people like his show but don't like him.

I don't think anyone will think of the journalist without connecting her to this debacle. Not that this'll define her but that there'll always be that thing she was involved in to remember.

In closing, I feel sorry for the guy, his family, the journalist. I genuinely don't know what she had to gain from releasing the voicemail (assuming she did it).

It's late and I'm tired - But before I hit lights out I wanted to QFT what are, and please let me make it clear that this is just my opinion, the inconsistencies, incidences of poor judgement, flawed logic and oddly truncated/conjoined statements/sentences from the only Person on the thread who has been kind enough to step forward and identify himself as a Mecical Authority who has 'never heard' of am, well stuff and things - no doubt an education well earned.

- Someone please tell me our over the counter and prescription medications are delivered in 12/24 X Blister Sheets these days.....
    One thing that strikes me is if he couldn't remember anything then how did he know to phone the journalist and apologise?

But anyway, benzodiazepines were never mentioned. As for the codeine, fair enough but I am still strongly of the opinion that the amount contained in 3 nurofen plus tablets is not enough of an excuse for the behaviour that occurred. Maybe I'm wrong. But that's my opinion.

I have heard of reports of sexual hallucinations with agents like propofol but not with codeine. Again I was under the impression that opiates are more likely to induce sexual dysfunction.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Already locked a thread like this....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement