Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warnings for Sunday/Monday

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:06pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

From Skerries CA:

Met Éireann have issued a flood warning for Dublin coastal areas, for Sunday night and Monday morning. They are tracking an area of low pressure which will combine with high tides and rainfall similar to that which occurred in February 2002. Skerries, together with many areas in Dublin, was badly affected by the 2002 floods. The weather is subject to change but it is worth checking the weather sites over the next few days.

Fingalcoco are taking requests for sandbags at 01 890 6210, you need to give your name and address and they will assess whether your house is at risk and supply bags accordingly. The council will cover the general areas that they feel are at risk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

had a look at the drains outside my house this morn and full of leaves as every winter. Nice flooded road then outside the garden gate it will look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I have a drain outside my house too, this time of year with the leaves falling I clean the top free of leaves before heavy rain. You could call the council but its a simple thing to do yourself. I rather have them working on flood defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

seriously if you worried about flooding. push the leaves to one side. free the drain up . the last thing you want is a flooded garden when 5 mins with a brush or shovel would save it.

august 2 years ago i found out a few things with the heavy rain......

my back door is 1 inch higher than my neighbours side gate...... water washed out his gate....... was getting worried for a while. the sewers back up then too. anyway...... its not worth the hassle or worry to find out that it flooded because of a few leaves.

it will more than likely happen when you are asleep on sunday nigtht too judging by the weather forecast. so it would not be a nice thing to wake up to.

they raised all the grates in my estate because ( fingers crossed) they are resurfacing it soon so we will have a lot of surface water i reckon.

Advertisement