Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting pagefile.sys on partitioned drives.

• 05-11-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I have two internal drives of 500Gb each that I use exclusively for storing images.

The pagefile.sys on each drive are now taking up about 15Gb of space which I'd like to use.

I've run WinDirSat and isolated the pagefile.sys in each case.

I've also done the following.......

Control Panel, System. Advanced system settings on left then
    Performance, Settings, Advanced tab, and then, Virtual memory, click
    Change. Somewhere there should a checkbox for no Paging File. Check
    that, then reboot, then finally you should be able to do what you
    want.

But, when I reboot, and go to WinDirSat, I still can't delete the pagefiles.sys on these drives. I get "The action can't be completed because it's being used by another program."

I have 8Gb ram, for what it's worth.

Any idea how I can get rid of the pagfile.sys on these drives?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

i had a similar issue but not quiete sure what i did but i think i copied the file to the desktop and then i was allowed to delete, because the drive thought it still exists somewhere else, then deleted the one on the desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Turning off the page file should work, but you can't set it so that there's no page file.

Go back to the virtual memory options. Select your C drive, and check "System Managed Page file" and then make sure you click the "Set" button.

For each of the two internal drives, highlight it, choose "No Paging File", and hit "Set".

Then reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Seamus,

Outstanding! :D

Thanks!

D.

Ps. Still can't understand though why one drive is showing total capacity of 465Gb while the other is only 416Gb. Very odd!

Advertisement