If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming TV - recommendations?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi,

What do you recommend as a present for a lad into XBox gaming. No access to TV signale etc...just Gaming!!

Would a 26' be too small. He currently using an old 10 yr old 22-24' and seems ok. But a 26 /28 /32 would be great!

He like XBox Live as well...so good sound and audio would be great!

Any help appreciated.

Sikky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sikky,

As a fellow XBox addict I would say go for the 32" size. If you're used to playing on a smaller screen this will make a huge difference. You see so much more detail on a screen this size. I have a 22" and a 32" in my living room (so I can play games and watch TV :D ) and I switch between them depending whats on TV and the difference is VAST.

Also I would say you need 100Hz on the TV with a Full HD res and a nice decent HDMI.

Have a look at the Philips 32PFL5405H - http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm - This does tune in TV and gets the MPEG4 digital broadcast ,if you have a decent indoor antenna, but thats good for when you're stuck in your game and you need 10 mins to relax before you put the console through the wall. I'll PM you a price on this.

The speakers on this TV are decent enough but maybe additional portable PC speakers might beef it up a bit - The 100watt SPA5300 are great little speakers with a sub that has adjustable base. spec - http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/spa5300_10/spa5300_10_pss_eng.pdf - I'll PM you a price.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Nicola....thanks for ealier PM!!

Now I have opened a can of worms on looking at TV's.... the wife is now looking for a TV for the bedroom (as if there is not enough excitement there already...(nuff said!!) ... I see on your .com address the following:

Sony BRAVIA KDL19L4000 @ Stg 119.

What would that that be in Euro?????? Plus postage to Kerry???

Sikky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sikky,

Myself and Ash are based in the Philips shop so I only have access to Philips goods. However have a look at our 19PFL3405 - This is an LED LCD with the MPEG4 tuner for the RTE digital broadcast - http://www.philipsshop.ie/threeseries.htm - Check it out here.

Dave and Kenny are in Richer Sounds though and I'll forward your query about the Sony to them and see if they can give you a price.

I'll PM you a price on the Philips.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.