Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eduroam - MacOS 10

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Anyone have a step by step for setting up Eduroam on MacOS (Snow Leopard)? The tutorial given by UCD is about 2 years out of date. I can get connected but no IP issued.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

What version do you have. On OS X 10.6 I got it up and running by following the instructions for 10.5. The interface is slightly different, but it does work.

http://eduroam.ucd.ie/docs/How_to_configure_eduroam_for_MacOS_10.5.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

I seem to be having a "glitch" of some sort - I configured eduroam on Snow Leopard on Thursday and everything worked fine, but when I came in the next day, I started getting the No IP issued error... Spent about 5-10 minutes with the guys over in Daedalus trying to fix it - creating a new Location and setting up the network again as-per-guide.
    Something I noticed, when you create the 802.11X authentication details, make sure to select eduroam in the dropdown box underneath the protocol options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks for the replys folks. I'll have another look on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

it just asks for username and password, there is no setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

The username and password are your student number and the UCD Connect password.
    Had a chat with the guys in Daedalus and they were quite puzzled by it too. Re-creating the eduroam profile under a new location seemed to work eventually.

• Advertisement

Hoku wrote: »
    The username and password are your student number and the UCD Connect password.
    Had a chat with the guys in Daedalus and they were quite puzzled by it too. Re-creating the eduroam profile under a new location seemed to work eventually.

Hi Folks,

Been trying this for about a week now. I got it going on the iPhone but no joy under Snow Leopard. I downloaded and installed the Eudroam certs, and following the http://eduroam.ucd.ie How To.

Anyone have a step by step guide? The instructions on UCD's site don't seem to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

There is no setup.

You just join the network and use your student number and password as the login - on snowleopard too.

There is no setup.

You just join the network and use your student number and password as the login - on snowleopard too.

I tried it. Just doesn't want to work for me. Hmm.. I'll deleted every eduroam change I made, and start afresh.

Nope. Can't get this to work at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

Not familiar with OSX but the settings required are:

Security - WPA2 Enterprise or WPA
    Encryption - AES or TKIP

recommend WPA2 and AES for both security and performance

Authentication method (EAP) - TTLS
    Authentication Protocol - PAP

username and password are your connect ones

roaming identity is yourconnectusername@ucd.ie

the UCD certificate is available from here: