Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Storm

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys, I am heading out to get some shots of the storm that is forecast for this weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations on good spots on the east coast to head for? Iam based in Fairview, Dublin btw.
    Much thanks for any replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Poolbeg light house, info given to me was be there at high tide and don't go out onto the walkway or you will get washed away, long lens needed for this. Going to try and get there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Defo don't go out on the wall if you go to the poolbeg lighthouse. I remember being there a few years ago during a nasty storm and anyone on the wall would have been washed off easily.

High tide is at roughly 11pm tonight and 11am tomorrow FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HighKickerPete

Cool, unfortunately I am working tomorrow so will try to make it down on sunday, I think high tide is around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

I don't think the action is really going to kick off on the east coast till Sunday night/Monday morning,

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=wind

Looking at the weather charts, at the moment it looks as if the center of the storm will track right over us which means the worst of the winds will pass to the west and east of us, but that could all change yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

My first 450D got destroyed in Dun Laoghire last year when a wave nearly washed me off pier. So stay far from the water :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

East pier Howth from about 3pm tomorrow or Monday. Also more elevated position from the martello tower. Easy access from Fairview.

Correction

High tide is at about midday in Howth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

The Hook lighthouse here in wexford will be great in day light tomorrow :):)

Here's an idea of some typical Howth shots:

3rd to 7th are quickies from today to give an idea.

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/trickydky/howth-waves/

howth_waves3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Some great shots there Tricky d

Where is howth exactly? Im hearing a lot about it lately. Seems quite a photogenic place.

Somewhere around Dublin, I assume?

Where is howth exactly? Im hearing a lot about it lately. Seems quite a photogenic place.

Somewhere around Dublin, I assume?

On the north side, about 10 miles from city centre. Not too a long journey for you if driving. It certainly is photogenic and not just the harbour. Worth spending a day sometime. Feel free to get in touch for some suggestions.
    Borderfox wrote: »
    Some great shots there Tricky d

Cheers. Fortunate to live in such a good spot with such a variety of great photo ops. Some day I'll have to upgrade from my basic point n shoot with no tripod.

Personally I like this the best despite never feeling finished with any PP done on it.
    howth_waves1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

the forty foot in sandycove this afternoon @ high tide

Set but this is the only decent one imo

5161603802_051c0be7ce_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

this is a great image - Dont think it was very windy here in wexford, that night

cry cry :(
    gerire wrote: »
    the forty foot in sandycove this afternoon @ high tide

Set but this is the only decent one imo

5161603802_051c0be7ce_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Advertisement