Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stevens Supercross Cup - Round 3

• 05-11-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Sign on open.... limited to 75 riders.. 22 signed on already so be quick.. Corkagh Park in Clondalking, just off the Naas road is the venue. Another fast course but hopefully we will get a little rain for this one... spice it up a bit... I hate not having to clean the bike after a race...

Feels like months since the last race... I think next year we'll have to get some more Dublin clubs running events....

http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross/news.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

sorry - can you post date and time? I wouldnt mind going to watch. Thx :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

Saturday the 13th of November, Corkagh Park in Clondalkin.... race starts 12 noon on the dot... You'll find a map in the link above..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markdrayton

mtbireland wrote: »
    Sign on open.... limited to 75 riders.. 22 signed on already so be quick.. Corkagh Park in Clondalking, just off the Naas road is the venue. Another fast course but hopefully we will get a little rain for this one... spice it up a bit... I hate not having to clean the bike after a race...

Feels like months since the last race... I think next year we'll have to get some more Dublin clubs running events....

http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross/news.php

Damn, trying to register for this but the site hasn't sent my registration confirmation email. Argh!

I don't have a license in Ireland, nor am I a member of CI. Can I get a day license or race on a UK license? (Will Google this, too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm in.

It doesn't send a confirmation email.. names already registered...if you're not on that list just fill in the form again. You will get an online confirmation that the form was completed.

and yes a UK license is fine to race with...

David Gill
    Gareth Gormley
    COLM AHERN
    Dylan Rafter
    Niall Quinlan
    Wayne Doolan
    Peter Rimmer
    Ronan Kearney
    Graeme Kidd
    Keith Meghen
    Mark Yandle
    roland bosbach
    Chris Grieve
    Stuart Galloway
    Mark Kenny
    Hugh Byrne
    Malcolm Prince
    Mark Yandle
    Noel Carr
    Ciaran Byrne
    greg campbell
    Colm Bracken
    Arkadiusz Gogojewicz
    Ryan Sherlock
    Jason O' Callaghan
    Paul Elliott
    Evan Ryan
    Peter Doyle
    Philip Roche
    David O Neill
    Richard Close
    kevin shelly

• Advertisement

It doesn't send a confirmation email.. names already registered...if you're not on that list just fill in the form again. You will get an online confirmation that the form was completed.

and yes a UK license is fine to race with...

Ah, I see where I went wrong now. As for license: sorry to nag, but do I need a day license with the UK license? Thanks :~)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Ah, I see where I went wrong now. As for license: sorry to nag, but do I need a day license with the UK license? Thanks :~)

From my limited knowledge of commisairing is that if your UK licence is approved for international competition (for CI holders this means you have to get it approved by CI and have photo ID on the licence) then you can use it. If not then you'll need a one day licence.

If any tall chaps want to try a bit of CX, I'm still selling this.

Is anyone driving out to this from the greater Raheny/Swords area who could offer me a lift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Michelin

RobFowl wrote: »
    From my limited knowledge of commisairing is that if your UK licence is approved for international competition (for CI holders this means you have to get it approved by CI and have photo ID on the licence) then you can use it. If not then you'll need a one day licence.[/QUOT

Quite a few foreign nationals race in Ireland while on holidays and just use their own fed licence, I have raced abroad a bit myself and never needed anything more either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Michelin wrote: »
    Quite a few foreign nationals race in Ireland while on holidays and just use their own fed licence, I have raced abroad a bit myself and never needed anything more either.

I only know the CI regs in detail and the licence has to be pre-approved for international use (entails photo ID and some more paperwork).

Depending on the Comm's mood on the day is not a good strategy !!

I've seen teams refused entry to the RAS due to licence irregularities.

No problem with UK licence on the day... just ask for MTBIreland if you do...

66 signed on so far.... only a few places left...

Ireland's biggest ever cross race.... would be great to see lots of boards fans out on the day to see what it is all about....

League standings now updated, also start list published and gridding order for top 20 riders. 73 signed on so only two places left. The course tomorrow has changed a bit from previous years. From the start area you will be able to see 90% of the course so it will be a good one for spectators. The course also doubles back on itself quite a bit so great for the riders to see time gaps to the guys in front or the chasers behind. Race start time is midday sharp.

Dave

http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Went up to have a look at this as I live nearby. Conditions seemed excellent for it (from my limited knowledge of the sport). Met Dirk and friends but couldn't tempt anyone with tea/coffee (brought a flask).
    Too cold to hang around for long though.

Pics. of Ryan & Richie (the only Boardsies I recognised). Where was Raam?

I had to work

Results online now... http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross

Great conditions for the race today.. bit of damp made the corners very testing (helped by making them as off camber as possible..!!!).. some great battles right down through the field... Jiim you should have hung around for the sambo's and brownies afterwards..!

Great race, with some good fighting for position all the way through. Surprised I stayed upright the for whole race as some of those corners were very sketchy. Who set the first barriers? They weren't quite a whole number of strides apart leading to some embarrassing shuffling/trotting between them :)

Next time I'll try to get there before 11:53.

Great ride Mark.... hmmm first set of boards...nothing to do with me... didn't even see them... perhaps you need longer/shorter legs..!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Straatvark

Well done everyone! - My first live attendance as spectator and some impressive stuff!

A selection of images of today here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/gert.conradie/20101113_Cyclocross_export#

The full album here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/gert.conradie/20101113_Cyclocross#

edit: The upload size is small because of the volume. If someone want a original image, they are welcome to send me the exact url to the image.

some really good photos there Straatvark.... You've a good eye for finding the right places to take pictures.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I wussed out today, not enough training (ie none) the past 3 weeks put me off. However I did drop in on my way past. Caught the action with 3 laps to go. Robin Seymore is some man..... Congrats to mtbireland et al for organising another very successful event!

Dirk's mate was doing some seriously impressive bunny hops over the obstacles(?) Anyone get a photo of that?

Philip is some man over the boards... also through the corners.... a natural on the bike.... pity he's so fat at the moment though..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Philip is some man over the boards... also through the corners.... a natural on the bike.... pity he's so fat at the moment though..!

He was complaining about his "excess" weight alright, the bunny hops were super impressive alright.

I have to say that was supremely entertaining, as someone with no real exposure to cross it was great to watch, lap after lap of guys (and girls) strung out on the limit, some great technical skils on show. And then Seymour opens it up and hits the throttle!

Really well organized, well done mtbireland and co.!

Advertisement