Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itunes any 5 songs for free on Friday's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

you would need 4 itunes accounts to go with that..
    Basically, the way it works is that itunes doesn't really care what code is being used. The limiting factor is the O2 account. One code per account. So if you sign in with another O2 account then you have another code to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Basically, the way it works is that itunes doesn't really care what code is being used. The limiting factor is the O2 account. One code per account. So if you sign in with another O2 account then you have another code to use.

oh i see..............:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladysman123

I have been claiming 25 free songs every friday using all my familys numbers on the same itunes account:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I have been claiming 25 free songs every friday using all my familys numbers on the same itunes account:)

got my 5 today too!
    Of course i download all my music illegally off the internet, but still!*

*The above may not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

dam it every friday when I get home from work im too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I suppose these people with 5 phones aren't helping matters... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

This this is part of a government initiative (like the cheese) to appease the unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Love this whinging about o2 not giving enough codes and others bragging about 20+ downloads

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

First time trying this today and I got my 5 tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I got five the other day. Great idea by O2.

Its nice to get something for nothing without any strings attached!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Loving this offer, banking all my credits until some decent music is released. Maybe I will bank enough to purchase Wagners upcoming album!

Just don't wait too long, think all the credits expire end of the year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Link available for today's free songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Why not download the new SawDoctors single (Red Cortina Acapella version).
    For each download from iTunes, Smyths Toys will donate €1.00 to Saint Vincent De Paul. Pretty good cause IMO.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Why not download the new SawDoctors single (Red Cortina Acapella version).
    For each download from iTunes, Smyths Toys will donate €1.00 to Saint Vincent De Paul. Pretty good cause IMO.

Hi

No mention about it on Itunes or SMyths but downloaded it Link HERE hope is correct version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

nava wrote: »
    Hi

No mention about it on Itunes or SMyths but downloaded it Link HERE hope is correct version.

Great. You'll see the info here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/sawdoctors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Anyone having problems getting the 5 songs today? When i click download to get the songs, it takes me to a page to download itunes instead of downloading the 5 songs???

phi3 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems getting the 5 songs today? When i click download to get the songs, it takes me to a page to download itunes instead of downloading the 5 songs???

No works ok for me.

Stupid question, are you clicking on the Download button or the text Click Here? The Click here brings to the Itunes download link.

nava wrote: »
    No works ok for me.

Stupid question, are you clicking on the Download button or the text Click Here? The Click here brings to the Itunes download link.

No clicking the download. I've done it every other week and it worked. Now i tried again and it says i've already got them. But I haven't. Not fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭J-C

having same problem as phi3 when i click the download button

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Worked fine for me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Worked great for me there 5 mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

No clicking the download. I've done it every other week and it worked. Now i tried again and it says i've already got them. But I haven't. Not fair
    Same for me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Same for me telling me I got them already but I have not:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Same here. Sent them an email but still waiting on a reply.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Add me to that list of clicking the link and being brought to Itunes download page :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Add me to that list of clicking the link and being brought to Itunes download page :mad:

Same here.

This is the first time I actually remembered to go on for them but it won't work. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All gone again! :(

Hey guys, those of you who couldn't get the itunes on friday,
    just wondering were ye using google chrome? I was so I was wondering if that could have had anything to do with it?

Hey guys, those of you who couldn't get the itunes on friday,
    just wondering were ye using google chrome? I was so I was wondering if that could have had anything to do with it?

Yes actually! But I've used it 2 weeks in a row with no problems. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hi update here I was not using chrome just ie and it was late last night around 10 o clock when I got my 5 free iTunes added to my account so all well's that ends well

• Advertisement

Same thing again this morning!! Clicked the download link and it referred me to the page to download itunes... Closed the tab and clicked download again, told me I had already availed of offer. Not happy!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Same thing again this morning!! Clicked the download link and it referred me to the page to download itunes... Closed the tab and clicked download again, told me I had already availed of offer. Not happy!:mad:

Same here and was the same last week...not good from O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

I've managed to the last three weeks to get the free credit. Granted I'm checking at 8am.

using IE8

Lads, don't use google chrome. I did last week and couldn't get them. This week i used internet explorer and had no problem.

I wasn't able to get it initially (used google chrome) but the password is actually stored in the URL in your history. So for those of you who didn't get it using chrome, check your history and you should see 'iTunes store' and will direct you to something like this.

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/freeProductCodeWizardcode=9YJEAF79PNWK&partnerId=2003&tduid=47df3ff3d34a01f4bce7786f6f661160&affId=1879171

The bold part is the password you need to manually put into itunes.
    When you click on the history link, the correct link only pops up for about 2 seconds so you need to copy it quickly and paste into the browser again.

J-C wrote: »
    I wasn't able to get it initially (used google chrome) but the password is actually stored in the URL in your history. So for those of you who didn't get it using chrome, check your history and you should see 'iTunes store' and will direct you to something like this.

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/freeProductCodeWizardcode=9YJEAF79PNWK&partnerId=2003&tduid=47df3ff3d34a01f4bce7786f6f661160&affId=1879171

The bold part is the password you need to manually put into itunes.
    When you click on the history link, the correct link only pops up for about 2 seconds so you need to copy it quickly and paste into the browser again.

Thanks! It worked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

I think since this began I got 140 song credits :0

20 per week.

Great offer.

Itunes 12 Days of Christmas to look forward to from the 26th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Worked fine here, third week in a row. This is a superb little promo IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Thanks J-C....worked for me from your instructions! Merry Crimbo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Thanks so much for the tip J-C. First time I remembered to do it this week and was raging when it didn't work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Missed it last week by a few minutes, but just finished downloading this weeks 5 songs now.
    Yipee...:D
    Thanks OP and O2,
    Merry Christmas !

Is this the last week or will there be one more giveaway on Christmas eve?

I remember seeing somewhere that this is the last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Is this the last week or will there be one more giveaway on Christmas eve?
    This is the last week ... Also, any unused song credits will expire on 31 Dec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can you download via iTunes on an idevice or does it have to be on a computer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Can you download via iTunes on an idevice or does it have to be on a computer?
    Yep - you can do it from your iPhone (and I presume iPad / iPod touch as well). It just launches iTunes on that device to redeem the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cosmos49

Can u download an album if u have enough credits ?

cosmos49 wrote: »
    Can u download an album if u have enough credits ?

Yep, that'd be no problem, e.g. if you have 15 credits or more you can buy a 15-track album using those credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Thanks OP for this :)

This is the last Friday :(

Dont forget the codes need to be used before 31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

thanks OP i finally got some this morning. better late then never.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement