Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cable modem settings

• 05-11-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,
    There was a fault in my area last night and the internet was down. I pressed the 'reset' button at the back of my cable modem because I thought the fault was on my side :(

Now the fault is fixed but Im still without internet connection.

So, anyone know:

(1) how to log into the cable modem
    (2) what settings I need to reset

Any help would be great as the technician can only call out Monday and Im not sure what will happen if I dont have internet connection for the whole weekend.........I might have to talk to the kids eeeeek!!! :p

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi,
    There was a fault in my area last night and the internet was down. I pressed the 'reset' button at the back of my cable modem because I thought the fault was on my side :(

Now the fault is fixed but Im still without internet connection.

So, anyone know:

(1) how to log into the cable modem
    (2) what settings I need to reset

Any help would be great as the technician can only call out Monday and Im not sure what will happen if I dont have internet connection for the whole weekend.........I might have to talk to the kids eeeeek!!! :p

It's on 192.168.1.1 by default, and 192.168.100.1 by default if bridged.

You set the password, so we can't tell you that. There's nothing to change that affects it's basic connectivity though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

thanks!

Oh, I thought it might reset some proxy server setting or something.

Ah well, guess I'll have to wait till monday, i might r...e...a...d or something :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thanks!

Oh, I thought it might reset some proxy server setting or something.

Ah well, guess I'll have to wait till monday, i might r...e...a...d or something :D

Logging in when the modem isn't sync'd can allow you to see some diag stuff and info. But there's nothing you can really do beyond power cycling it periodically to see if it resyncs.

On the off-chance, you didn't have any odd port forwarding/MAC address restrictions etc in place or the like? As such settings may have been lost when the modem power cycled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

Spear wrote: »
    Logging in when the modem isn't sync'd can allow you to see some diag stuff and info. But there's nothing you can really do beyond power cycling it periodically to see if it resyncs.

On the off-chance, you didn't have any odd port forwarding/MAC address restrictions etc in place or the like? As such settings may have been lost when the modem power cycled.

It may even be the physical connection. Im going to move the modem tonight to the TV cable at the front of the house. If that comes in good I'll fix the other connection.

Advertisement