Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

veterinary suppliers cheapest.

• 05-11-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good suppliers ive decided to bulk buy all my dosing minerals dry cow tubes etc.
    I want to send a quote out to various shops. can anyone recommend a shop im based in the midlands but willing to travel for a good price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

give this guy a shout jim brennan 0872548091

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Also try John Millar, agrineeds Birr, I don't think he does dry cow tubes though, 087 2551672, shop 057 9121190. I usually get my winter dosing stuff there.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Could try co-op animal health in tullow or Ferchem in dungarvan. Wouldn't bother driving anywhere order over phone with credit card and get it delievered or on account.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

try Agrihealth Limited
    Email monvetlab@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

try your vet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

whelan1 wrote: »
    try your vet
    last place id look

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭briangriffin

thanks for the replies maybe il try your vet whelan! Im trying to compare prices to get the best deal shop around is the only way to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

thanks for the replies maybe il try your vet whelan! Im trying to compare prices to get the best deal shop around is the only way to do that

Try shopping around at 4am, some morning when you have a calving problem, which needs a section.:cool:

dar31 wrote: »
    last place id look
    am paying 50 euro less than cahl for the same dry cow tubes and 20 euro less for rotavec corona !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

tend to find our vet is dear with nearly all products. often compare prices with him, and there are times when we are buying product cheaper than what he can buy them in him self.
    as st1979 said cahl or ferchem are nearly always the cheapest, but we do buy the bulk of stuff through a purchasing group but even out side of the group still find them the best. tom ferrick in ferchem is fairly good when it comes to information.
    whelan1 your vet must be getting stuff from the other side of the divide up there.

however our vet is a small practice. him self and one other.

• Advertisement

i used to buy the rotavec -40ml- from tom ferrick , i am currently paying 185 from my vet , which imo can not be beaten anywhere...( i stand corrected on that if anyone can better it) my vet is a 1 vet practice....i doubt if he is getting it up north... i also buy other stuff off cahl but it does pay to shop around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

Buyrite .ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Southern border vets buy the stuff off the drug companies at northern prices or better and get bigger bonuses etc cause they are competing with vets in the north so will always be cheaper than boys down the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Buyrite .ie
    I get from buyrite too and its a lot cheaper for dip dosing and has lots of handy bits and bobs like dosing guns and minerals too. There is an annual fee but i save that on teat dip alone (125l iodine based dip for E75 two or 3 times a year)EDIT And they deliver to your door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mob555

5live wrote: »
    I get from buyrite too and its a lot cheaper for dip dosing and has lots of handy bits and bobs like dosing guns and minerals too. There is an annual fee but i save that on teat dip alone (125l iodine based dip for E75 two or 3 times a year)EDIT And they deliver to your door

How much is the fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FarmerBarleymow

mob555 wrote: »
    How much is the fee?

I think it's running at €179 per year but you get €40 credit onto your account.

I buy from their sister company http://MagentaDirect.ie, prices are a bit more expensive but still great compered to local suppliers...and all stuff delivered to door is very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

My Vet has an 80 euro call out charge before he does anything. How does this compare. I think its very high??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

yep I purchased a few times from Magnet Direct and I found them excellent. Cheaper than local co op and delivered to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 melly

Buyrite solutions are very competitive but Tom Feerick (Ferchem) in Cappoquin cannot be beaten on dosing,dry cow and vaccines. Will have to pay small carriage cost but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭briangriffin

lads i shopped around and came up with midland vet tullamore as best suppliers by a long long way check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnny1

Deleted

No Advertising Allowed.
    johnny1, check your pm's and read the forum charter here

A further breach of the charter will result in an infraction!!

Reilig
    Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Jaysus Johnny your starting to sound like a broken record:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

lads i shopped around and came up with midland vet tullamore as best suppliers by a long long way check them out.

Try Vet Farm mullingar, bet you won't beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

rancher wrote: »
    Try Vet Farm mullingar, bet you won't beat them

where are vet farm situated in mullingar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

I think it's running at €179 per year but you get €40 credit onto your account.

I buy from their sister company http://MagentaDirect.ie, prices are a bit more expensive but still great compered to local suppliers...and all stuff delivered to door is very handy.

as a non member of buyritesolutions can someone tell me there price for 500ml animec and say zanil as well for comparison??

i want to know if its worth signing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

razor8 wrote: »
    where are vet farm situated in mullingar?

Near the cathedral on mary st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Nowhere that I have looked can touch my vet on prices, well I know a guy that can but I cant ring him and talk about a animal giving problems etc, so he is out. Being in the good books of a vet can be worth its weight in gold for a variety of reasons ;)

Advertisement