Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dear ex
    i was crazy about you. i thought you were crazy about me. suddenly you just decided you werent that into me and did'nt have the decency to tell me and just strung me along. i was foolish enough to fall for it when you slipped back into how things used be between us. you ripped my heart out over christmas and new year with how you made me feel. its the little things, seeing your name , hearing your voice used be happy moments , now its heartbreak, i never thought you would treat anybody like you treated me. i thought i deserved honesty after what we'd been through. worst thing is my heart still misses a beat when i think of what we once had, but remembering how you made me feel just makes me think like i dont know you or never really did maybe.

i dont know how or if ill ever really get over you, but one things for sure i could never be with you again. dont regret it. only mistake i made was likeing you . its mistake im glad i made but im not going to be repeating. never thought things would end like this, always thought you could be honest about anything with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Dear ______

The saddest thing is that I still love you, I'll always love you but it had to be let go. It wouldn't work even though every fibre of me wants it. Thanks for being happy just loving me. Thanks for showing me how boys are supposed to treat girls. Thanks for putting me back together again and I'm sorry for every crappy fight and I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to be friends.

If I'd have known it would come to this I would have spent every second appreciating you. I hope you know how happy you made me.

I still fancy the arse off you.

My love always,

LE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Dear D,

Im sorry for being such a crappy friend to you lately. All the excuses, all the mood swings, the lack of effort on my part. Im glad to have you in my life, even if im not great at showing it sometimes and if we weren't so far apart I'd ask you out in a heartbeat. Know your not in a great place right now and hope fate throws you some good luck soon

C x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭missmoo

to my brother

you're an a$$hole. why no one in this family isn't good enough for you we'll never know, i just hope one day you'll realise how much you've hurt us all and by then it won't be too late. i hope your wife and her family are enough for you, but maybe one day you'll remember our parents and all they've done for you, it's them that you're hurting the most, i can see it every day.

to my mam

i'm sorry i was such a selfish bi*ch for so many years. that letter you sent me, and the events that happened in 2009 made me realise life is too short, you can't change the past, but i want you there for my future, every step of the way, so please don't let me leave again.

to my dad

you're my hero x

Dear Ex,

I still miss & love you. Meeting you the other day was so weird I felt so nervous I was shaking and my heart was racing, and damn you are looking good! It's been almost a year. I felt sick walking away I wanted to just grab you and kiss you. It kills me the way things are now, you were my best friend and lover all in one. We had great chemistry. We can still talk for hours but goodbyes kill me. The constant reminders of you are really not helping mend the heartache, I wish I could just disappear sometimes have even considered getting away. I really thought you were the one, I had serious considered a future with you and wanted to tell you so bad but when we got back you slowly changed. Its going to be hard to move on, life at the moment in general isn't great so no distraction to even help!

Take care,

Audrey xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Dear C (Ex bf)

Your a fool to have let me go and there are times when I think you know it. You haven't got anyone and your other ex's left you but I didn't and yet you left me. I would have given you the world, and you know it. Well I just want to say you are missing lots and, you don't know what you got till its gone!!

M.

I still wonder about you, every single day. I wonder if you're doing ok; if maybe today was the day you managed to see even a glimmer of light in the road ahead; if maybe today you woke up and realised just how amazing you are and how much you have to look forward too... If maybe today you smiled, from memories of us.

I miss you, I miss you so much it hurts, but I know we've done the right thing. I've tried to move on with things, and sometimes I feel bits of happiness, and I tell myself they're just the start of more to come. That it won't always be like this, that it won't always hurt so much.

I'm trying to tell myself that moving on doesn't mean I love you any less, but today I'm just finding that a bit harder to do. I'm not the kind of person who wallows, my way of dealing with pain has always been just to move on and get on with things. And that's what I'm doing this time, but it's still leaving me with this horrible guilt from knowing that you can't move on - that you're stuck. So why should I be allowed to? Why should I be happy when I couldn't make you happy? Why couldn't I just make you better? Why couldn't we have had it all instead of the little bits we had, the little bits of the jigsaw that was missing a million parts....

It seems I can't just read a book and get better from this, maybe I do need to see someone again, and talk it all out. I don't want to carry this guilt, I love you but I don't want to love you forever - not when it hurts me this much.

I'll be alright though, I'm just having a bad day, and I know that rationally I shouldn't feel this way. I know that rationally things weren't working out, and I know that rationally we'd never have made each other happy.

But it's just hard to be rational when it comes to love.

Dear L (masquerades as a good friend),

I've been in love with you forever and a day but you don't know it. So in love that I try not to think about it because it hurts. I know you have a heart of gold. I know you've put up with a lot of unintentional crap from me and never turned your back on me.

I wish what happened between us had never happened. It was one night of amazingness that is costing me months of heart ache. I didn't want it to change the relationship we had, for the worse anyway. I never thought you would treat me this way and it breaks my heart, almost as much as wanting you but never being able to have you continues to do. I love you too much to hate you for it. I just wish I had the strength to tell you but I don't.

Lots of love,
    F

to B

you unintentionally changed my life, without knowing you I would never have met T, and get my hope back.
    you broke my heart into pieces the day you left, and again that day I saw you. I still miss you and wonder what would have been, if you had the courage to do what I did.

you showed me what love was supposed to be, and Ill never forget that.

I still miss you and wonder ever day, are you thinking of me.
    the pain is easing, and finally you were right, (ill admit grudgingly) I do deserve better and I will eventually forget you completely.

I will stop comparing everyone to you, I will stop wondering what if, and finally will accept how you liked me, but just not enough.
    you are a decent man, and i hope you are happy now and never doubt yourself again.

m

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

Dear Dad,
    I want to let you know that no matter how normal I act around you that does not mean I don't remember the times you kicked me out, emotionally abused me or my mother, manipulated my sisters against me, made me feel worthless or made me hate myself. But all in all, as I should, I love you very much. I hope some day you can admit you have a problem and can go and get help for it.

Dear G (Boyfriend)
    I love you very much and I want to thank you for making me feel special and making me happy again. You're kind, generous, sweet and patient. I know I'm a complete pain sometimes but all I want is for you and me to be happy.

Dear Mum,
    I want to let you know that none of it is your fault. That you're amazing and you can't help the way life turned out for everybody. You tried your best and it was good enough for me. Your the best mum I could have asked for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Dear boyfriend;

I'm sorry I make myself sick after every meal. I'm sorry when you hug me you can feel my bones jutting out. I'm sorry you had to carry me when I fainted. I'm sorry I stole your birthday cake and purged it. I'm sorry that even my panties are too big for me. I'm sorry I screamed at you. I'm sorry I ruined your birthday and Christmas. I'm sorry I threw away the dinner you cooked. I'm sorry I made you cry.

I'm sorry I told you this was your fault.

I love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Dear M,

I'm so sorry for what I did when we were 14, I'm sorry I let myself be carried along with the crowd and for spreading those rumours about you. I feel so guilty that your life would have turned out better if I had had the courage to stand up to the bitches and tell them what we were doing was wrong. I knew what we were doing was wrong but I went along with it anyway. I know I apologised to you but I feel like you had your baby so very young to prove what we were saying wasn't true. I'll never know if what we did made your life hard and painful but I've a feeling that it did. For that I'm truly sorry, it's the thing that I regret most in my life and I still feel guilty to this day, 15 years later. I'm truly and genuinely sorry.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dear "friend", or can I call you that anymore? I don't think so. You know how ill my Dad was, how stressed and gutted I was for months. I text you the day he was dying and rang you 20mins after he passed away. Ffs we know each other 15yrs, yet you don't even ask my Dad's funeral arrangements, you simply don't show up. I know you don't drive, but there were several people you could have got a lift with. At the most awful time of my life you weren't there for me. Ironic, when you always like to brag how supportive you are to anyone going through a hard time. I met you on the bus a few weeks ago and I could barely make eye contact with you, because no excuse will ever be good enough for this one. Yet you didn't even offer an excuse, didn't even mention the fact you weren't there. You know I don't have many close friends, that you're being there would have meant so much to me and my family. I could confront you but right now I'm still raw with grief and don't have the energy. The cynical part of me wonders is it because you know my family aren't big drinkers, that there wouldn't be a mad session with drink flowing, after the funeral. Maybe you would have been bored? I can't be in a room with you right now, make excuses not to meet up. I really don't know if this will ever change. I would never have done this to you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Dear Mam,

Cant believe it took me thousands of miles away to realise your my best friend.

Can't wait to come home to hug you.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dear m

i wasnt expecting to meet you yesterday. i wasnt ready or prepared. what are the bloody chances that we would both be in dublin on the same day and that we would meet on the street.

dammit, i have so much to say to you but was so taken aback yesterday that i couldnt say half of what i wanted to say.

the loaded silences and tender smiles yesterday said a lot i suppose but we both know why neither of us will take that step of picking up the phone.

so we'll keep going as we are, with the elephant in the room whenever we meet.

and we'll have to be content with that.

ps i told you 2 years ago that going grey would make you sexier, you disagreed but yesterday i saw i was right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Dear Dad,
    I hope despite my crappy teenage years I turned out to be the girl you hoped I'd be. It's all for you. I miss you and think of you every day, and twice as much every time I buy a magnum ice cream ;) Love you always.

Dear C,
    Why? You knew was I was going through and you fed off it to your advantage. You spread rumours and lies and made me barely able to look people in the face. You made me run away. Now I see what you've become, and compare it to the life Ive made for myself and realise karma definately exists. I wish all the best for you, and I hope for your sake you have changed. Give your mother my love (saracasm!)

Dear friends,
    Thank you.
    :)

Dear A

I met you 2 years ago and we were just supposed to work together for one week but when I had to say goodbye to you I felt really sad and I felt like I knew you so much longer.
    We kept in touch and slowly we became good friends, really good friends.
    Last year we had to work together again and there was so much I wanted to tell you and I was waiting for you to show me or give me signs that you felt more than friendship.
    What did you tell the lads? Why do they make comments and mention your name to me all the time?
    I had such a good day last saturday, just you and me and lots to talk about and I felt so comfortable in your company, this doesn't happen to me often, you know I don't trust people easily, always afraid of getting hurt again. With you it's different. I wanted to tell you that I fell for you, that I want more than just friendship, but you made it clear long time ago that you want the quiet life, no woman, no relationship no kids but my gut feeling tells me you are not so sure about that, maybe you have been hurt just like myself.
    When we were waiting for your bus on saturday I just wanted to be in your arms and telling you how I really felt but I am afraid I am making a fool of myself and risking a friendship that is close to my heart.
    I didn't hear from you since, you don't reply to my txt either. I don't know but it hurts me and saddens me.
    I miss you but I can't wait for you to make up your mind because I am afraid it's me that will get hurt and I can't keep doing this to myself. All I want is a move from you and I could tell you all of this. I can't make you love me but I can accept whatever you decide because I am and will always be your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

dear person,

You make me mad. You make stupid insensitive remarks all the time. You know full well you're doing it. You can't just let people be and give out about how they work and what they work as. Its important to them so why knock it? Yes you work differently, nobody thinks less of you for it or even mentions it, hell i didn't even think about it until you brought it up. stop being so scared and insecure. The worst part is I see right through you and can't decide whether to pity or greatly dislike you. yesterday I said something that i know hit a note, I could see it in your face how scared you were when you realised I know what you really are. So from now now I'll ignore you and walk away as soon as you speak your bull.

(quite vague but have to be careful)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I did not cheat on you.

Next time you break into my inbox, dont make it so bloody obvious....

I do not appreciate you passing my emails on to other people. This is precisely the reason why I did not tell you anything about the investigation I was asked to take part in, you see ghosts when there are none and you jump to conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KiLLeR CoUCh

Dear Mam,

I've been trying to understand you for years now. I don't think I'm ever going to. Don't forget you've got a daughter to be proud of, and you should be because God knows I more or less raised myself. I don't mind any more though, I'm here whenever you need help.

Dear Dad,

You're a hero and an absolute chancer at the same time. Don't worry, I've got your back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

Dear cone butt,

I would have sacrificed everything I had for you but you never gave me the time of day nor did you care to. I fecking love you and hate your avoidance/passive nature at the same time and it frustrates me to insanity. You say you'll always love me and that you care but you lie. It's all a bunch of lies and I've lost everything because of you. My self-esteem has gone down the drain because of you. You're probably laughing at my anguish yet I still love you to death. I'm such an idiot! *smacks myself*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear H,

You are like a sister to me and and I love you so much. I just read your email to say you are leaving for Switzerland in 2 weeks. I'm really happy for you, sad because I feel like I'm loosing you a little, and a little jealous as you are off to pastures new but I'll be off on my travels soon myself! :)

We are gonna make our little school one day. Pink Cat and Purple Ducks school of english! :) I'm so happy you have J he is someone that likes you as much as you do, ye are smitten with each other, you deserve that after all you have been through.

I love you H, always will! I'm so proud of you!

Love always PurpleDuck aka SqeakyDuck xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

To me...

Sometimes time just sneaks past you, so quietly that you don't even realise it, and it's only when you stop to look back that you see how far you've come.

For a while, my every 2 steps forward were followed by 3 steps back. It felt like I was walking on quicksand, nothing was stable, everything had to be held on to in the fear that I could lose it all in any one moment. But then I realised that letting go doesn't mean giving up, it isn't a sign of weakness, and it doesn't make you any less of a person - in fact, it makes you a stronger person. Not every situation can be controlled, not every emotion can be anticipated, and that's ok - because that's life. Life isn't meant to be a storybook with each chapter leading on to the next, the outcome isn't meant to be predetermined, and the happy ever after doesn't always turn out as you expected. But, that's the thrill of the ride, that's what makes it both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.

Don't live in fear of what comes next, embrace it - because who knows what it may be.

From the person who knows you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Dear dad,
    the world owes u nothing and I blame u for our family not being a close unit. U should have been the glue wen mom got sick initially, instead u acted like u were the only one it affected, but what about us. U have now gone off and gad an affair for the last 4 years while mom knows none of this. Thank u, for showing me just how selfish u are.

Dear mom,
    love u to bits, despite sometimes feeling like I put my life on hold for u but that's what u do wen u love someone. Ur the best xxxxx

dear my bf,
    feel like we are drifting lately, 6 years together probably goes thru those phases. I would love to have a child with u but I know u don't want them, is that why I'm being distant! I do love u deeply. Sometimes I wish I was ur number 1, but u have other responsibilities and I know they will always share that number 1 spot wit me

xxxxxxxxxxxx

just noticed I sound like such a moaner!!!!! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Dear auntie c,

I wrote a rant about you just now, its nearly 1000 words. but you know what i can sum it up in 12 words....

you're a self centred childish lying gossip whore and everyone knows it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Dear women of the world,

I am from Mars, you are from Venus. But I come in peace.

Yours sincerely,

Stevie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Dear Cake,

I just wanted to say, I still love you and I always will.
    I miss you every day, still, after nearly 3 years now,
    when you went back for the kids.
    I hope I can move on eventually, but for the moment,
    I still wish I was her, but I never will be. I hope it's worth it.

G.,

You still live in your own world and part of me will always hate you for how you have acted.

That's why I'm so disappointed in myself that you still turn me on so damn much. (Durty, durty things....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

2 vj

ye i defo wud ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Partyndbs - please use your full keyboard, txtspk is not allowed on boards.ie.

Advertisement