Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dear Me

Stop, just stop being so feckin immature. Dont you know when you're lucky? The grass is always greener but real adults know this is just until you get there! You had plenty of time in your youth to faff around and mess with people's heads and hearts (including your own) and you did that! Now you need to grow up and realise that what you have is real and true. It's not a fantasy, its true love and real life. Dont throw it all away because somewhere inside you still have the "see, want, take" mentality of a child. Seriously!

(a very grumpy) Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Dear Life,
    Here's to the best week ever!! Just got offered a place in the HDip to be a secondary school teacher like I've always wanted. Here's to new beginnings and challenges!! Cant leave all the negativity and those who caused it in the past now. I've earned something big and I'm so excited for the next year of challenges its going to bring!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

A,

Thank you so much for coming out with me at the weekend and for convincing me to go see the band. I had a great night eyeing up the drummer. ;)

J x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Dear Self,

Please stop eating.
    It's not fixing anything and it's only making you feel worse.
    Oh, and hit the gym.
    You might feel better than you do now, which isn't hard to be fair.

And here's a new mantra for the summer - aim higher and keep trying til you die.
    You're better than all of this.

TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear 'friends;,

I think it's time to realise you can't tell me to jump and except me to ask how high. It is time for you to stop walking all over me or else I will swiftly remove myself from your life. Have a good look at yourselves and see what i see. I bet you'll be pretty ashamed when you realise the type of people that you really are.

Thanks,
    L

Dear Jon,
    After all this time, i come to you in a desperate time of need and you basically tell me it's none of your business, so you basically couldnt care less. Well, to hell with you. You can go eff yourself. I'm not wasting any more time on you ever ever EVER again.

Goodbye, for the last time.
    L

Dear D,

I miss you. I hate you.

L

Dear baby,
    You make me happy and you're not even here yet. 16 weeks until i meet you.
    Speak soon,
    Love mummy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Thank you for breaking my heart and letting me down in a way that made me realise my worth. I'm so much better than that and I will never forget it, or settle for second best, or let somebody treat me the way that you did. I deserve so much better and I will get it. She's welcome to you, and with no ill feeling at all, I feel a bit sorry for her because I know how exhausting dealing with you can be at times. (I wonder how long it'll be before you start to ignore her, though. It's pure curiosity. She seems like a nice girl, so I hope you don't hurt her.)

I deserve to be happy. Love doesn't have to be about feeling miserable and there's nothing romantic in being miserable. I don't know what you will or won't regret in the future, but it's not my concern anymore and that's incredibly freeing. All that matters is what I will or won't regret, and I'm delighted to say that I can now stand by every decision I made, everything I've said and done and all the things I decided weren't worth it. Nobody else can live my life for me but I'm so excited by the future and all of the opportunities and possibilities open to me. All of them of my own making. All of them totally independent of you. All of them achievable because of who I am, the talents and passion and dedication I have, the optimism and energy and warmth I can summon up when needed.

So I hope someday you find happiness, whatever that means to you. (God knows I've spent long enough trying to figure it out). On the foot of your own initiatives, of course. You're a bit of an asshole to be honest, but I'm not going to hold it against you. It may be the very thing that destroys your chances of happiness, but that's up to you I guess. I'm just glad that I feel like myself for the first time in a very long time and that I'm enjoying being 20 and not feeling like an old woman with the weight of the world (your world?) on my shoulders. This thing with D is mostly in my head as of now, but who knows where it will go once I've actually seen him? And I feel such excitement at the thought of that, not dread or anxiety or hopelessness. Maybe she makes you feel like that, I don't know. I don't necessarily know what's best for you anyway so it doesn't matter much. And I might never understand you or your actions. All I can do is come to terms with how it made me feel and I've done that now. I'm moving on. I'm moving on with the most valuable knowledge there is, so thank you for that.

You're still an absolute piece of crap for the way you treated me, but you'll be the one who has to deal with that if you ever realise it. And I get to be free of you and do what I want. That's the greatest gift you've ever given me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear darling baby,

Imagine, this time last year I had only just found out about you... after years and years and years of disappointment and heartache, endless tests and investigations, IUIs and IVFs and being poked and prodded and torn apart... all that, and then out of the blue, I was expecting you :) The miracle we thought would never ever happen, so utterly indescribably fantastic :) I have never been so happy as I was when I was pregnant, never enjoyed being tired and bloated so much, and having enormous getting-in-the-way boobs, all those changes that happened so fast, it was wonderful. Just wonderful. Your Daddy kissing you through my tummy every day, singing songs to you and planning all sorts of over the top renovations to the house that I knew he'd never do :) While I dreamt of your nursery, and your little clothes and nappies and all those delicious tiny things that I would buy for you. I loved you so much. I love you so much.

Then one day you were gone. I just knew. All of a sudden those feelings were gone, like a light being turned out. And a few days later, you really did go. That horrible frightening time in hospital. I couldn't save you, and I will always feel so guilty for that. 10 weeks you were growing inside me, 10 weeks of pure joy. I don't know why you had to go, I don't know what went wrong... I have one little scan picture, I keep it tucked away safe and sound. I can't believe I couldn't keep you safe, I really can't. I still wake up rubbing my tummy, wishing you were there. You should be four months old now. I should be a mother.

I love you and miss you and think about you all the time. And I still have so many wishes and dreams for you, I hope you are safe and happy now... my beautiful darling baby xxxx

Dear T,

I'm falling for you and it's your fault. you are a sweet heart- bit of a charmer - but we get on and i like you a lot- think i told you that over the wknd. thanks for the next morning too! xx
    Cant wait to see you again.

Dear me
    Dont mess it up, just relax! :)

Dear D,
    as much as i like you
    you snooze, you lose. but i think with you, the grass was always gonna be greener.

Dear M
    Dont go anywhere. you're always my babby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

R - The new barista at the sidewalk cafe smiled at me today and I got lost in thoughts of your sweet smile. When good things happen, I often think of you - perhaps because you were so much a part of all of my happy memories. I felt alive in your presence. Perhaps if I can create some happy memories of my own, I will be less likely to rely on your memory to feel revived... <3 K

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

Dear Grace,

I just wanted to say sorry. You think i sent you that message, because I wanted you to find me, to hurt you in some way. I sent you the message, because I had noone else to turn to. I had isolated myself, cut myself off from everyone in my life, to be with you.

I never wanted to come between you and your family, I just wanted you to be independent, stand on your own two feet. I hated the way every member of your family treated you like a child. But I did the worst thing I could do, and treated you like they did to try to make you see sense. That was stupid of me, and I am sorry for that.

However, one thing I can never forgive, is how, when I told you how I felt, you turned your back on me, took my child away from me, and left me totally alone. With (as I saw it back then) no other option. Then, when I woke in hospital, you played along like we could be happy and sort things out, then two weeks later, bang, you want nothing to do with me. You acted appallingly, and noone will ever know what was said and done. But you still blame me for the choices I made, but refuse to think about the reason why I made those choices.

The following year or two were the hardest for so many reasons. Having peoples opinion of me toatally change, being looked upon as a loser or a poor unfortunate, being judged by people for what I had done. You say you went through similar. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT I WENT THROUGH, and you never even asked!! Even today I still feel the repercussions of my actions. And I fear I always will. But I can handle it now, I am in a better place, no thanks to you.

You have gone back to being a puppet, and I couldnt be happier about that, because I wish in so many ways that I had never met you. Although, some good things did come from our 'relationship'.

I am a strong person now, I have a great life, great friends and a great family. I live my life the way I want to live it, and strive to do my best, and be the best me I can be. I learned so much about myself over the past few years, and I dread to think where I would be if I hadnt made the terrible choices I made.

So, I would like to apologize for the majority of what went wrong, I just wish you weren't such a child and you could acknowledge your short fallings.

You could be a great person.
    But you are a horrible, horrible person.

I really hope, for your sake, that you realise how you are, before you potentially ruin someones life.

But I have to thank you, because I could never have been the person I am today without you.

go deo na deor,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Dear C

It seems my post last week somehow magically bit you on the ass with a massive wake up call :) I have never been happier with you, and I love how you know now just how close you were to losing me :( it was really really close I told you that. I think college just took it out of you and you lost track of the things in life that matter most. Thanks for making the last week the best ever :) I thought I was going to have a crap week off work but it's been brilliant and I know we will both work hard to keep our happiness at this level :)

Love you millions
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dear Me,

Don't do it.

Me.

Almost 2 stone gone! Don't give up!

And don't be so hesitant to believe that he was interested. He'd be lucky to have you. Even if he isn't interested someone else will be. :)

Me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

This afternoon, I was handed a letter with your christian name on it. Until today, I didn't even know what your name was and yet I'm your son. Imagine how strange that must be for others to comprehend? Yet for me it doesn't feel odd at all because so much of any adopted person's life is shadow. I wonder will you be thinking of me when it's my birthday in a couple of months time? I don't know yet for sure if I'm going to look for you but after learning about you today, I think I might..

Since I was handed the information about you, I've thought about it a lot. But in terms of you now, if you're even alive, I haven't thought about any of that, not even for a moment. Tracing you and finding you would be answering questions that I'm not asking. To others, that may seem cold because you are my mother but as I said, so much of an adopted person's life is lived in shadow and I made peace with that reality a long time ago...

We owe it to ourselves to talk about all of this.

After all this time, there has to at least be a proper end.

I don't want to believe you're this person and every day I hold out the hope that you'll come and show me you never were.

Show me. Tell me.

Who are you really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Dear Puppy,

You are sweet and entertaining and adorable.

However, I must point out that my right ear is not a chew toy.

I forgive you for tonight's attempts, but bear it in mind for future reference.

Lots of doggy treats,

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Dear N

You have saved me in so many ways. You've given of happiness, and I will always love you. Your so patient and understanding, and affectionae. and your my best friend

I don't want to leave. I'm at home when I'm with you. I'm really scared to leave, but I'm scared to ask you to come with me. It's a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I'm not sure where this is going if anywhere but you make me smile, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I'm so ridiculously happy - you're just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear P,

you're an amazing guy and I love you:)

can't wait to see you on thursday;)

lots of love,

smiler xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

No more moral high grounds.

I wanted things to not work out for you.
    I wanted visa problems for you, cold feet from her, a big hefty chunk of head fcuk and misery and dysfunction to come your way.

I wanted you gone, I wanted her cheery face & cutesy demeanour out of my life.
    But you're staying now officially, with her, probably forever, and I'm leaving, and where we were once acquaintances, then friends, then...what, exactly? We are now nothing. Strangers. Less than strangers. Two people who avoid each other. It's so cold, almost sociopathic.

So here it is, one last time:

**** you B.
    **** you **** you **** you.
    An almighty big **** you and your new life in Canada & all the pointless time we spent together.
    You.

well mr M broke my heart 15 months ago by just clearing off without a word.
    I met you few months later, kissed, thought it would help me forget him but no good .
    anyway finally i get over him, kiss a boy here and there. think i like one boy although he has girlf, well i do/did but he not for me.

So i actually asked someone above, to help me find someone i could love- not just cos i bored of single dom (because i've no time at moment anyway) but because i was ready to find someone and hopefully who would care for me too.
    wandering along still yapping about other ones and bump into you again after a year, for 2 seconds i thought oh this is gonna be awkward and after 30 seconds i remembered i like you.
    and 3 weeks later I am absolutely crazy about you and you tell me you really like me.

So.. point to say is I'm sooooo happy I went to that pub that night (which i'd not been in in 14 years!) and saw you. Cant wait to see you again in 3 wks.
    I hope I don't mess this up .. and btw way no you're not keeping me from college work.. you're making me happy which is making life easier and so college doesnt seem like such a torture right now cos of you.
    xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

dear baby,

now the april mums have started, i'm SO excited to meet you. i hope you're safe and warm inside there :) i love feeling you kick so kick me some more!

see you in july,
    love mummy xxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear M.

Wow! 6 years :eek: I got to admit at times I never thought it possible. My life has changed in ways I never could imagine and it still is. Our first year together was tainted and it continued into our second, I tried pushing you away but you never seemed to give up. Thanks for giving the time I needed, not pressuring me into the decisions I needed to make and supporting me throughout all the crapness! It took time but seeing where we are now it was well worth it :)

N. :p

I hope you're single because I kinda like you even though I was only talking to you for ten minutes.

Am I really ready though I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Why lie to me?

I know you're lying, I have proof that you're lying, but you have no idea that I have this proof, and think I blindly believe what you're saying.

I don't know why you think I'm so naive or blind, because you should know by now that I'm a smart cookie, I figure things out pretty feckin' swiftly.

I'm not stupid. I know why you're lying. I know how you feel about me. But I've asked you about that, and you tell me I'm wrong.

I'm not wrong. I'm not blind. I'm not stupid. I'm not being irrational, I don't do irrationality. I've seen proof of your lies, right in front of my face. I don't have to bother to look for clues that you're lying when you're leaving them in front of me.

Now it comes down to whether or not I have the guts to call you out on it, or just continue on and ignore it.

I'll decide that tonight, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear A

1 year separated.

3 years closer to freedom... all I want is to be free of you.

But at the same time I genuinely hope you are as happy as I am. The guilt of you being lonely still eats me up inside even though it ended badly.

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Tis a while since I posted in here Kate.
    But its been a very strange week for me....
    On Monday I got an eyeballing from your Ma because the paper made a mistake and printed your ''in memoriam'' early.
    (well the ''in memoriam'' me and L'il Monkey opened).
    So she decided I had rode roughshod over the ''day''....??
    It was a mistake, the paper fecked up but when I rang them they sorted it and the Memoriam will be placed on next Monday's paper, problem solved...storm in a teacup abated!
    But...
    You know your Ma ;) took a mistake by the paper as a personal insult that was my fault :P

So later on that Monday....
    I'm browsing Boards as usual when I'm dossing :rolleyes: and I click onto the ''you feel, you lose'' thread in cool pics and links forum.
    So I'm browsing the thread getting ready to post Fry's dog :( cos I don't care what you say or how much you ever laughed at me when I watched it...
    It still makes me well up!

When I spot a little story I recognised, and a link I clicked.....
    The link was to the thread I started when I cleared out your wardrobe :'(
    And it sent me over the edge....
    I sat their sobbing like I haven't done in quite a while...
    The combination of the stress of earlier in the day, reading what I'd written those 20 months ago, reading the response's on both threads and just missing you all came to a big teary head I suppose.
    It left me in a gigantic heap...

Then Grace asked me was I alright, and she held me...
    She showed me tenderness and love :)
    That for some reason sparked thoughts of guilt and betrayal in me :/
    The woman I love, consoling me at my lowest ebb when my heart is aching because of another woman I love???
    I felt like, how does this even make sense? Am I not cheating or betraying someone?

2 things struck me at that moment....
    1st, I must be the luckiest man in the world...
    I mean most people struggle to find love once in their life.....
    I've had it twice!
    You, who I love and will always....
    And Grace, who caught me by surprise and who lights up not just my heart and whom I love too :)
    And thats not counting our little dude's too! Who has to love me!
    Cos I control his food and pocket money :P

And 2nd....
    Love, loss and grief....
    Its really a mental illness really isn't it?
    I mean I was sitting there being consoled by the woman I love, whilst I was upset over the woman I love!!!
    I don't know about you Kate, But!
    That strikes me as more than a little schizo :eek:
    A curious dichotomy of emotional states striving for balance in a single pshyce if ya will :P

If you were here I'd be slapped sooo hard for that!
    And they are using belligerent and bellicose a lot on the news lately....
    All it does is remind of you, me and Paul in Lanzarote, that time at work I asked you to stop being so belligerent :P
    He fell round the place laughing while you ran after me with a dictionary! haha

Anyways just so you know, we miss ya and love you always....
    It might be 6yrs since we lost you on Monday(Feels like 6 days ago :/ )...
    But you're in our hearts and thoughts always!

Grace!
    What can I say other than you are a bloody diamond!
    I love you, and yes I know I'm a bit damaged....
    But I hope you know that I will always, always, always try my best to show you how much you mean to me....
    I want you to know that your my 2nd chance always! and never my 2nd best!
    Thanks for London too!
    I love you!
    xoxoxo!

What you did to me, boy I can't forget
    If you think I'm coming back don't hold your breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

S
    Thank you for being the horrible verbally and physically abusive husband that you were. Without me having to go through that hell, I wouldn't be in the happy and wonderful place that I am now.
    I wouldn't have finally found the strength to leave you, buy my own lovely house, get a job I adore, go back to uni and get not one but two diplomas, beat cancer and raise our son to be the popular gorgeous and happy little man that he is.
    You wouldn't know this cause you haven't bothered contacting your son, not that he seems to mind.

But mostly I must thank you for my lovely lovely B. Three years after finally divorcing you , I met my B who is the man of my dreams, literally. He has taken me and my son under his wing and made us feel so precious and loved. He treats me the way a woman should be treated and a boy should be treated. We in turn love and appreciate him to no end. Thankfully our life together as a family will be fulfilled next year when we get married.
    Without you, I wouldn't have moved in the path to bring him to me. For that I thank you. I no longer feel anger or hatred towards you, but pity you. I know you are living alone, still drinking your life away and runni g from those you owe money to.
    Hopefully one day you will have some resemblance of a normal life....but don't ever darken my door if you do.

D

Advertisement