Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Dear Exams,

Please be nice to me. I tried! :)

Yours hopefully,
    Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dear me,

You did it!! Those results really paid off, you're halfway there and on the road to a first class honours in your masters! Just six months left, I know the lab isn't all you thought it'd be but persevere, it will be worth it!

And you did the right thing, not meeting up with him was a smart move, he's not the person you fell in love with, at least not now, give it some time and space, you'll be back there in May, maybe you'l be ready then, if not then that's ok too. He ended it, you're allowed to be selfish and concentrate on you. Look at this post again as soon as you begin to doubt that.

And to my friends,
    You are all amazing, I know I haven't been the best to keep in touch lately but it's nights like tonight that make me realise how truly lucky I am to have people like you in my life. Sometimes all you need is your girlfriends and a few bottles of wine to appreciate how amazing everything really is. We're doing all this again really really soon! Love you all! :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I miss the you that I used to know. I miss us. I miss the excitement and sense of endless possibility that this time last year brought. Last summer was a literal dream come true for me. I'd like to think that I was your daydream come true :)

I really do want to meet with you and catch up but every time I see you I just end up getting derailed for days and days afterwards. I don't know why you have such a powerful effect on me when I seem to have such a small one on you. It's really not fair.

I will always be your friend though, even if you stop caring about me and stop wanting a friendship with me. I don't know if you even want it now, but I'd like to think that you do. Maybe that makes me pathetic and silly but I don't know what else to do.

I firmly believe that we are in each other's lives for a reason. How could it be any other way, when we both featured in each other's minds long before we got to know each other. I've always felt a strange connection to you since that first day I noticed you drawing crazy pictures instead of taking lecture notes. You've intrigued me since then and you continue to do so now. There's just something about you that I can't explain. Sometimes I wish I could just erase you from my thoughts, but after featuring in them on and off for the last four years it's a difficult habit to break. I still don't understand why things have to be this way and I don't think I ever will. Maybe we are just too alike, our souls are just too similar. Maybe I'm just an idiot and should let this all go. Believe me, I'm trying.

There's still so much that reminds me of you, and so much music that I either can't listen to at all or can't listen to without feeling a pang in my heart. Someday I'll get there.

I hope the future works out for you, whatever you want from it. I hope I'll still be a part of your future, even if it's just a bit-part. I've lost so much already and I really don't want to lose you completely.

So, I'll be here. Not putting my life on hold, not making you a priority anymore, but if you ever need me, I'll be here. You'll always have a little piece of my heart and my mind.

An Oberstian (:P) quote just about sums this up:
    "Because how I ever got to you, I have no idea
    It's like some secret door, well, it just appeared
    So, no matter what I do from now on with my time
    You will always stay here in my mind
    I am certain of this and I am not certain of anything"

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

My dreams have finally come true, my life is so perfect, so why do you still come into
    my mind, all the horrible things you did to me C, AND you A all the things you thought you could do to me,
    there are good men out there and i have finally found love forever, time to forget you and your ways C and R.I.P. as for you A, some day what goes around comes around to you hopefully, now bog off!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear lottery headquarters

Can you please rig the lottery this week, and let me win. That would be a great help. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

You make me believe I can live my life and feel everything there is the whole world over. There can't be anything wrong with something that makes me feel like this. There just can't be.

You're deadly.
    Proper like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Think you've cracked me.

Damn it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im so fed up.

I've been unemployed since finishing college last may. From a small village with very little to do.

Searched the fas website and applied for the two internships that was advertised two weeks ago, didnt hear anything back.

My uncle mentioned a job to my mother which would be right up my street and she never even told me about it. It would involve me going to cork. She was always sexist, always discouraged and dragged down the females. Im 30, and im no way ready for popping out kids because its a woman's thing and its what she wants. She never stopped her boys going to australia. Im just so mad, that she wants me to stay put on the dole. She has even said it, it would be perfect to get a job on the sly. To end up like her.

Well guess what mam, i've got my working holiday visa booked. I know I dont have a penis but I can still go. Its not a lads thing to fcek off. Try and stop me now.

Its something I want to do. Its a bonus, I get to prove my own mother wrong. It kills me il be back after a year. Back to the same.

I just need a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Deal Ladies of TLL,

Ye are all fabulous, don't forget that! :D

PP :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

I don't typically do this kind of thing often, and you've made me feel like I should never do it again.
    Open my heart.
    Express feelings.
    Take the bull by the horns and be forward, take a real chance on someone.

You could have just walked away.
    If you were a bigger man you would have walked away for the sake of our friendship, your friendship with N, everything that you never felt.
    Did I not give you that chance?
    Was your need to be incessantly "nice" and polite and people-pleasing render you completely unable to tell me that you just weren't bothered?
    Or were you ever bothered at all, in any small way, in the first place?

Not that any of that matters now.
    It's my bad.
    My bad for liking you and wanting you so much that any sign of reciprocation, however small and inconsequential, sent my hopes into overdrive.
    My only fault was liking you too much, and now I feel like the dumbest, most disrespected and humiliated girl in the world.
    You have no business messing my head up anymore and yet you continue to.
    I haven't seen you in weeks and yet you're everywhere.
    You've hurt me so badly through your thoughtless actions and complete lack of consideration for me and you don't even realize the half of it.

And I don't know how to move on.
    I don't want to risk moving on and going through this all over again.
    How do people do it? How do people trust again? How do people take a chance with reckless abandon, knowing that there may be a world of pain and headfcuk and absolute disappointment awaiting them?
    I'd rather be alone to be honest.
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I always pictured you in the years ahead,
    I always thought we would eventually fall into step.
    I need to move on, but I don't know where to go;
    I don't know where to go without you.

You kept me in a state of deception and false hope with your headfcuk. You weren't a man of your words and your excuses didn't sit right. There was something not legitimate about it all from you. You set me up with expectations, just to let me down and actively not give a sh1t. You couldn't even apologise until I forced something out from you 10 months after the intitial disappointment and it was backed with more excuses.  

You could have corrected your mistakes easily enough but you didn't even care and so it looked like you did it intentionally for what reason? I don't know. Was there something more to it? I think so. The meaning left unsaid. You were dishonest anyways in your ways. That's for sure.

All that weighed on my mind, trying to figure it out and my mind is still heavy from it. My mind got fried and you and your fcukery is still sitting on my mind. It floored me. 

Why couldn't you have been honest with me? Or better. Why start that head game to begin with? I feel like puking calling it a game because far from a game and fun it was for me. Your life must be so sad and lonely and empty for you to get such fun with your little games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Dear you,

This day two years ago I went to college, to work, then went out, got incredibly drunk, behaved atrociously, and started a chain of events which ended in the single worst experience of my life.

This day one year ago, I went to college, to work, finished my contract and left a job which, even though I hated it, I cried my eyes out at having to leave, then went home and cried some more because they forgot, and I felt worthless.

Today I felt loved and appreciated, and I went out for dinner, and had numerous calls, texts, and Skypes, and went home happy. On the face of it, it should have been the worst birthday of the three. But it was the best. By a long shot.

And I'm so glad you made the most of it.

Joe.

Dear boy,
    Within a short space of time... you have me smiling.
    I lay down there for nap before getting back to this and realised i was smiling... all down to you.
    Thanks.
    Love <3
    Eva sums it up perfectly.
    #you take my breath away#
    #my love is like a red red rose#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Are you kidding me?
    For the love of God give me a break!

B

Dear self,

Don't do it. I know it feels tempting at times but it won't be worth it. I know you've tried so so hard, made all the right appointments, saw all the right professionals, took all the right medications, tried your hardest to succeed and made as much effort as possible to connect with new people and improve yourself. I know that you've tried and tried and tried and are still failing. I also know that if everything falls apart, there are no more avenues to pursue. Eventually it could be endgame.

Give yourself another few months. Wait until September, evaluate how the summer has gone and only then should you consider your options. I know it's not a road you want to go down for the sake of your family. Try to keep that in mind too.

Bookmark this post. Revisit it when you feel you need to. So long as there's still even the slightest sliver of hope, don't give up. I know it looks like there's no way out right now but remember Shinji Ikari: "I must not run away, I must not run away, I must not run away......."

Urgently,

Self

I had to book an appointment with the local Rape Crisis Centre today. 20 years after it all happened and I'm still not ok. Whenever a man shows signs of fancying me I panic. I start questioning their motives. As things stand now there is no way I could bear for someone to touch me.

Someone makes it obvious he is interested and my response is to get scared and want to run away. I get offended by someone being attracted to me. The anger starts to swell inside. I'm keeping it together now. But I feel as though I'm on the verge of blowing something potentially good or getting into something I can't handle. I feel so vulnerable. I want him to stay away from me and I want to get close to him too.

I will never forget the awful misery of the last time I really fell for someone. I went nuts, truly nuts. And he's dead and buried now so I will never get a chance to put things right between us. The damage caused by sexual abuse and violence has more tentacle than an octopus and they reach so far and so deep . Where does it end?

At least now I recognise my damaged thinking for what it is. I no longer think all men are rapists. ( At least not rationally, whatever my emotions try to do.) And perhaps making that appointment is a sign I'm ready to step out a little way more from my comfort zone.
    But what if it's too late? What if I can't and this is a good as it gets?

I don't feel like a whole woman. I want to be whole.

Sorry ladies, I had no-one else to share this with and needed to let it out.
    Love to all going through similar. We're still standing, and believe me that's something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hey you,

I so hope this is our month!!

Hey other you

Please be there

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I wish that just once it was me. Is that too much to wish for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Dear me,

Stop being defeated before you have even begun, one little snag can't stop the inevitable so suck it up and GET ON WITH IT!

From me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I feel like murdering you most days. When I hand in my notice and the arse falls out of everything I hope it's a wake up call for you because otherwise you are going to end up running your's and your husband's practice into the fooking ground. Open your eyes you stupid witch.

My dearest A, thank you for being there, for asking how i am. I realised the other day that if someone rejected me, the way I rejected you I would be crashed beyond words. You are crashed too, i can sense it, and yet you are there. I wish I knew what you meant today when you said "for as long as i'm alive"... i find it so hard to believe that someone can care for me like this... and even now, after i told you the whole truth.

You are so precious to me, so unbelievably precious. I wish you knew the contents of my heart, i wish you knew how much i care for you and just how much i love every bit of you. But i can't tell you any of it... You deserve to have the kind of life you yearn for. You deserve to be with someone who is strong and healthy, someone who will give you children. God, all those times we joked about having children together, we both knew we wanted it... i never admitted it but i wanted it just as much as you did, every bit as much.

I'm sorry for pushing you away, for not responding when you talked about us getting married or living together. I don't know why I did it then... I guess i didn't know if you really meant it... i don't know... you are, without a doubt, the most special person i have ever met, you are my favourite person in the whole world, you are the sweetest thing i've ever seen or loved... yet i wasn't sure... and now it's all irrelevant anyway.

When you said what you said, after i told you how ill i was, i realised that you love me just as much as i love you. How is this possible? I didn't expect such kindness, i didn't expect you would open your heart back for me and be my friend again. I wish i didn't waste our time when you were still here... i wish i allowed myself to love you, i wish i allowed you to love me... God if only i knew what would happen, i'd have allowed myself to be happy.

I love you loads Andrew. Loads and loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Body,

Please just work with me here. I know I'm not being great to you food wise between the exam stress & the general stress and I know you've been warning me about what will happen if I keep eating chocolate digestives straight from the packet without stopping for oxygen between biscuits but there's only a month of it left and I'll be back to Broccoli again. I am cycling the little fat pegs off you though, we're doing upwards of 100km per week into the rain and gale force winds, so if you could hold off on the Expansion Project you're engaged in even temporarily that would be amazing. Send the builders home for a couple of weeks, there's a good lad. Also, I don't recall approving your planning application for giant calves. Please gain muscle in a sleeker manner lest I start to look like I have Popeyes forearms attached to my knees.

(On the plus side - yay, we can cycle 30km now, come the zombie apocalypse we're going to be just fine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear S,

I'm sad to say you're really showing me who you truly are. I'm sad to say i don't consider you my best friend any more. And you know what? I don't mind, because having someone as selfish and egotistical as you in my life only brings drama and pain, so yeh, we'll still be in contact, but it won't be like before, unless you realise who you've actually become.

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Stop thinking that you are worth nothing. You are!

You are too good for A, he is always putting you in second place, stop it. You can do so much better than him, you will find someone who will not place you in second place.

Stop thinking he is too good for you. He isnt. He is just stringing you along, for the sake of it. Things will look up

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear body,

Sorry for treating you like a trash can these past few weeks.
    Old habits die hard.
    Lets do this together, shall we?
    I can't fight you anymore.

B

Dear Y,

I like you. I really like you. We've only met once and we only know each other via Twitter and a forum I no longer post on but there's something about you that gets to me. I know we live in different countries now but that something still niggles me. You just seem so laid back, intelligent, level-headed and genuine. Not to mention the fact that you're pretty good looking!

You say you struggle to find a boyfriend...well there's a perfectly willing candidate typing a semi-drunken message right now that you'll never ever read!! We both know how tough it is being gay sometimes; every time I go to a gay bar I'm invisible to all the seemingly decent guys and am only ever noticed by the ones who want a cheap one-night stand. I just wish you knew that I liked you......actually you may have already sussed it, in which case I just wish that you liked me back. :( Not that I could blame you for not thinking that way about me, of course; who would ever want an overweight, unattractive, underachieving, self-conscious, clinically depressed mess like me as a boyfriend ever? I just hope our paths cross again properly some day in some capacity, 'cause I'm seriously starting to think that there are no decent guys out there whatsoever and you're one of the very few that I can think of with any degree of fondness.

You'll never read this, and even if you did you'd probably think I'm insane. Well I guess I am; if nothing else, just typing stuff like this helps to some degree. I'm really struggling with life right now. All I want is a guy like you (even if just as a friend) to restore my faith in humanity and remind me that the future isn't entirely hopeless.

Yours sadly,

Z.

P.S. Apologies to the ladies for my barging in on your lounge, I just couldn't think of anywhere else to get all these thoughts out there and the more I bottle things up the worse it all becomes. I hope that's ok?

FU@K you all!! Im not sombody on a mailing list, im your friend, you could have text me and asked me to come along. you had time to text me and ask me for the rent or text me and ask me to take out your washing, but you couldnt even open you mouth and say we are all going out, come along.

screw you all, i know im not cool enough for your other friends. sorry if i want to do more with my life then bitch about people and buy shoes. FU@K Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Why do I miss ya so much.... cant stop thinking bout you! Wonder whats gonna happen the next few months.

Advertisement