Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I don't think you realise how lonely I am. Or how it's not about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

"Put my mind to rest and try to sleep it off
    It'll be alright when the morning comes
    Or am I wrong?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes, I love your son.

Doesn't mean that I have to love YOU, or like you, or have anything to do with you.

I don't need to impress you, and I'm not going to try to. I am who I am, and your son loves me just as I am.

Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

That I'm being paranoid and ridiculous and that this is just a result of being tired and stressed. A consequence of the emotional upheaval that is my last week here. Please please please let me be wrong.

• Advertisement

To my parents

I am lost for words. I shouldn't expect much from you, I should already know the drill, and I do... but still I'm completely baffled. I could have died that day, I spent two weeks in a hospital and my life is still in danger. I am going to have a major surgery soon and I'm so scared. It's heartbreaking to me that after I called you and told you I was in a hospital, you never attempted to call me or text me to ask how I was feeling. Two weeks in the hospital and you didn't contact me once, not even once. :( Are your hearts made of stone?

If we were estranged, if we argued, if we didn't speak to each other... or even if I somehow brought this on myself... I would probably understand... but what am I supposed to make of it? The only conclusion I can possibly come to, is that you don't care about me. Why??? God, my heart is crashing. And when I told you how sad I felt that you never even texted me during those two weeks, you told me I was upsetting you by saying this?! What is wrong with you??? What on earth is wrong with you? Seriously!

Of course this has happened before, whenever I was unwell, which thank goodness wasn't very often, your instinctive reaction was to get angry and abandon me for days. I had to make my own food or occasionally you'd tell my brothers to bring food to me. There were no cups of tea, no sitting next to me, no reassurance, no affection. I wouldn't see either of you until I got well. It was confusing and super scary when I was little, but now that I'm in my thirties it's heartbreaking.

I honestly don't know what to do here. I know that for you to be like this, you must have gone through some painful experiences yourselves. It's not like you chose to be cold and uncaring. For whatever reason you have never learned to be nurturing and loving. And a part of me understands this and feels compassion for you. But another part of me, actually my whole being is screaming: enough!

Right now I don't want to talk to you. I know what comes next - you attempt to make me feel guilty for making you worry about me, and if I dare to tell you how I feel you explain to me how all of this is affecting you more than me... dear god, this is so messed up...

I've never been allowed to tell you how your behaviour affected me, and if I tried, you would give me a silent treatment for days or weeks, even when I was only a child :( So it feels good now to be able to write it all down even though I know you will never read it. I'm feeling so angry. But mainly I'm sad and heartbroken. I find it hard to accept my friends' help and presence because like a Pavlov's dog I've been conditioned to feel rejected, worthless and unwanted if I dare to get sick.

Normally, you expect me to apologise for upsetting you in similar situations and I always oblige. Not this time. I could have died; every day, for two weeks, the doctors told me I was in danger of losing my life. I survived, but the experience changed my perspective on life. All this time I kept thinking... if only I was loved... fighting for my life would have been so much easier. So I decided I'm going to learn about love, starting with learning to love myself. Eventually, I'm sure, I'm going to learn to love you, too, but I will never give you another chance to crash my heart like this. I will probably end up loving you from afar because having you close does not feel loving to me. It seems that the most loving thing I can do right now is to let go of the hope that you will change, and accept things as they are. This possibly means that I will never speak to you or see you again, if that's the case, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

You've taken your passport and my money. Your phone is off.

I'm devastated. Can't leave the house although u know your not coming back I hope to hear you come home .

You could have actually broken up with me, I deserve to be told at least.

I don't know how but I still love you and I'm aching lying here alone.

I really thought I couldn't live without you but look at me now. Turns out I'm the stronger one. :)

B,

This is it. Tomorrow I'm selling the engagement ring. The one that you saved so hard for all those months to buy for me. That midnight proposal on the beach. That amazing weekend in Dublin, where we went shopping for the ring, and you spoiled me so ridiculously all weekend. Telling our parents - I'll never forget the joy on your mother's face. (I miss your mother, so much.) The engagement party. The plans for our future, our lives together.

I'm going along to the auction, to see it get sold. (If it gets sold - we'll see!) R says it'll help me get closure. But I think I'll feel like a sceptre at the feast. :o I have visions of all these excited young couples looking for a bargain - they're a hell of a lot more sensible than us! We knew at the time that we overpaid for that ring, even with the discount ... but what did it matter? I was going to wear it forever, we'd never be selling it.

How naive, stupid, and downright arrogant we were. Twenty-two. Twenty-two years old ... we were kids. I'm not surprised at me, it was pretty much downright typical of me ... but I'm surprised at you, you were always the safe, sensible, risk-averse one of us. Look how that's worked out. What were you thinking?!

In some alternate universe, I like to think that it all worked out for both of us. That we're living in that beautiful house you drew up the plans for. 2.5 kids, and all the rest. Maybe even a white picket fence! :P

But I have my own life now, and you have yours. And I'm very, very happy. You'll get there, too. And I'm sorry for the pain I caused, but I can't carry it with me forever. Maybe this is closure.

Despite everything, despite all the pain and questions and heartache. I'd never change a thing. We'll always be a part of each other.

Thanks for everything. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

You,

He's great. Don't screw it up.

Me.

• Advertisement

You're a damn fool, a cruel one too, but you know that, don't you?
    You had everything in the palm of your hand, and you just tossed it away.
    What are you gathering now; new memories, with a new person?.....will they, too, be tossed away when the time comes?
    After all those years together, I still don't know what you're looking for.
    And if you couldn't or wouldn't find the elusive "it" in what we had together, what on earth was the point of everything we went through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

You, A****le,

I hate that seeing random photo of you on a random pub's facebook page still provoke a reaction in me. Jesus Christ, I thought I'd be able to say I was shut of you by now. But, the truth is, you did it in *such* a cowardly way that I'm not sure I'll ever feel like I was able to vent all my feelings. I want to feel like I beat you black and blue; emotionally, intellectually, and physically.

But of course, I know that had I had the chance, I would have. That's why, after two years together, you chose to end it over the phone; because you know that I would have wiped the floor with you. That in itself is very satisfying.

You can rot in hell.

And her?! She can pose for all the "happy" photos she likes. You treated her as badly as you treated me, but she's still in denial.

Worst regards,

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Dear A.

I don't like you. You use people. You don't contact me for months and then you appear when you want something. You are selfish, you are spoiled, you are immature, and you are slowly turning into a parody of yourself. Your attitude is disgusting, you treat people like dirt, and you are a joke. Posting every second of your life on facebook does not make you look like a talented, independent 29 year old on her way up in her career. It makes you look like an alcoholic who doesn't own a dress past her waist and has a different boyfriend every month.

Please don't come to my home again, you put me on edge. I would say it to your face but A) I haven't the balls, and B) You would badmouth me, twist things, and write god knows what about me online for your 2,000 "friends" to see.

Grow up and have some self-respect. I'm done with listening to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

R, I get that you think that your being there for me through this time of loss but you are not. Going out acting like you don't have a care in the world does not help, this is your loss too. Be here unconditionally and not just on your terms cuz I'm sick of it now and it's not fair anymore.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Always waiting for the inevitable brush off. I just don't know what I want. Stick around to be hurt again or cut it off now and save myself any further heart ache..

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I hate myself for missing you. You made me feel like anything was possible... And then you took it all away and made a lie of it. I haven't recovered. I don't think I ever will. You took everything from me; more than you will ever know... And yet, despite how much it all hurts, I miss you. It doesn't make sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really wish I could stop missing you,I wish you were still in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Sometimes simply saying nothing, says all there is to say.

Keep going. Don't give up. You're almost half way to goal in a little over three months. You look great and feel great so stick at it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Dear Job Search Gods,

*Please* smile down on me this week. This process has been agonising, and the fact that I've been getting so many interviews makes it worse. I *need* to move on, to be near loved ones. Please, please, please let this one work out. I need this.

April xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

If you walked through the door right now I don't know if I'd kiss you or slap you, but you're the only person in the world I want to talk to right now.

The last few weeks have been a nightmare for so many reasons and all I want to do is call you and talk like we used to, so you can just tell me it's all going to be ok and I can feel some semblance of how I felt when I was with you.

But you've got this whole new life now, and I just feel like I'm imposing on you every time I text you. That is, if you even bother to respond. I'm miserable, and I would give anything for us to be back home and have a pint and chats in our local. It's a hole of a spot but it was the best place in the world when I was there with you.

I miss you so damn much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ok here goes. Well more than that because that suggests just trying. Here's to day 1.

Sometimes I just don't know what to say. I can't get the words out. Sometimes it's scary.

I like you. I think you like me too. Please make a move and let me know. I'd really like to see you again, but I'm afraid that if I initiate meeting up a second time you'll only be saying yes because it would be too awkward to say no. That's why it has to come from you this time, so that I can figure out how you feel about me.
    I'd really like this to go somewhere good. I know it has the potential to :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Dear best friend,

Stop it, stop it now. Your turning into one of those that needs constant attention, constant support, constant advice - which I don't mind BUT where are you going when I want to talk?

Last weekend you stayed - I mean just wow. I still can't get over it. Its great you've come so far and it's great that you acknowledge me to have played a big part of this....But must you really have cut me to shreds confidence wise??:

>"Your 22 - stop dressing like a granny".
    >"You've put on weight. Those cheekbones are disappearing". Emmm I do have a wisdom tooth coming down and a gum infection hence why I'm barely able to eat - in case you didn't hear me over yourself
    >"Your sooo fussy when it comes to men", your quick to judge, definitely quicker than I was when you slept with 2 guys in the space of 3 days - and then complain that men never stick around or are never up for "the chase". Why call back for more when they've left with everything?
    > the list goes on

What probably got to me most of all was this:
    >"You seem to have lost that spark in your eyes"...."your not happy". whhhatt? and then you get up and leave....Just like that...never to be spoken about or questioned about again.You couldn't wait to leave. This really struck a chord, enforced by the rest of the digs and left me feeling so overwhelmed and thinking that there was actually something wrong with me??? I couldn't even ask you or talk it through with you - you just got up and went. I cried.

This annoyed me because I am actually quiet happy at the moment. I'm having a nice rest from my masters, I'm working at something I like, I'm going back to college in a different city - I'm sooo excited. Its a big step - I won't know anyone -I'm going to meet new people - I''m going to grow again. Things are looking up!

We always said that we would be forever close no matter where each of us went or what we were doing, but I'm definitely reconsidering this closeness. I need more space - not distance but space. I need to stop being such a good listener, because like you and many others you are beginning to take all you want and need and then run....and turn it around on me as if there's something wrong with me - when you're not getting what you want out of me.

(wow, this has been brewing in me for a few weeks now - so good to get it out exactly what it is - definitely kept thinking there was something wrong with me!)

Love you, but you need to begin to realise.

C.x

PS, I might not be the happiest bout myself - but you of all people know how that is - in case you forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

I literally feel like there is 10 pairs of hands pulling me down. I can actually feel a massive weight on my shoulders day in day out :(

Why do you all feel that you can just dump this **** on me just because I'm the only female in this family, all the men are fcuking useless so yeah.. Lets dump EVERYTHING on me cos we all know the men won't do it..

I just can't handle all the pressure right now. I'm at this age where I so badly want to move out, and thanks to the @ssholes in previous and current political parties - I will never EVER have a chance to buy my own house. It's actually depressing and soul destroying :( 27 years of age and I will never own my own place unless I win the p0xy lotto :(

I want to move out so bad just because none of your problems will be mine anymore! I'd have my own space! Nobody going through my stuff, nobody treating me like a frickin secretary/personal assistant :(

Fed up... Family - you need to realise there is only so much wearing down I can take. I don't want to fall out with any of you but your unecessary pushing and pulling is about to make me crack...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kadok123

When will it be my turn? I just want it to be my turn... not a compromise... not perfection. Just something real, forever, right, comforting, heart raising.

I just want it to be my turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pixie,

To put it lightly, STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE!! You sabotage every good thing going on in your life. You need to stop this now. Don't ruin this good thing you have. Please.

Pixie x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

So july it is... Finally feels like im making the right decision! Hope it works out now... Fingers crossed x

• Advertisement

I don't want anything to do with you so please stop obsessing over me. It's actually quite scary.

Advertisement