Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear Derek,

You don't know me but I know of you. My friend likes you, and you've said you liked her. This is your second chance. Please don't hurt her again or else you'll have a heavy pregnant woman sit on you. Please do the right thing.

Lou

Dear God,

Please let this work out for her

Thanks.

Dear Des,

The wedding last week made me think of you too much. I came to a conclusion that love is easy when it's with the right person and not painful and stressful like it was with you. Saying that, I miss you and I miss talking to you. I wish I didn't. Please get out of my head.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

your loss sunshine, check me out now and no thanks, you've put on a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

25 years. That's how long we've been friends, and you tell me I am not to be invited to your wedding. 25 years. Can't believe I mean so little to you. We're so finished, and not because I am angry with you but because I (sadly and regrettably) know that you are just not interested in our relationship anymore. I know you have your own life, and there are distances in lifestyle and geography that need to be bridged, but I have a life too. I have a full time job, college, a partner - and I always made time for you. Now, no more contact. If you want to initiate contact that is fine but I am tired running after you. I will wait for you to make a move...though I suspect it will be a long wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear A,

I really, really hope that you're doing well.
    I wish we could have been happier together but it wasn't to be. Despite that I miss chatting to you so much. I miss your calls. We really were best friends.
    I'll probably never fully forgive you for just dropping me like you did when you did. It wasn't a nice thing to do, after everything. But you had your reasons.
    You're always on my mind but things are right as they are now. I'd love to contact you sometimes but I know it wouldn't be fair or right.

We'll bump into each other someday and I'll sure it'll be awkward but I'll look forward to saying hi. I really do wish you the best.

x

To L

You knew I was scared to trust you. You pursued me and then persuaded me to trust you. You promised me that you would never hurt me and that I could trust you. So I did.

Not 2 weeks after I committed to be in a relationship with you (which was a huge step for me and you knew it), you decide to finish it. Because you were starting to fall in love with me. Because of the numerous obstacles that were in our way. Because you were scared of a long-distance relationship come September (which by the way, me moving 2 hours away for one college year is not the worst long-distance to have to put up with) and you wanted to end it now before it got harder.
    You knew all the various obstacles were in our way from the off-set but you still chased me. And you still made me trust you. And then you threw it back in my face.

You think we finished on good-terms and can still be friends?? How? How can we be friends when you still feel as strongly about me as I do about you? I couldn't sit beside you watching a film without you holding me. It would kill me inside to be so close to you and not be in your arms like always.

Well done, you've shattered my trust. I should have known.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

So seemingly you can go from being mad about somebody to barely replying to them and being quite cold, wow it happened just as I was really starting to like you, why do I bother???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear new tattoo,

You're pretty :D

Love,

J x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 primadonnagirl

I had to make a new account to get this off my chest because I just couldn't resist...I love this thread and find it really comforting :)

Dear Me,

It's been a crappy two years for a 21 year old, everyone getting sick, you not being able to cope with your own mental issues in a less destructive way.

But now everything that has happened has brought you to this point...you've been to rock bottom before and you know you're heading there quickly again...but it's not like the other times, this time you know what's going to happen and you CAN stop it!

You don't need to jump into bed with people to reassure yourself that you're okay looking or funny or whatever you need at the time. Though it may be too late for that revelation, whatever trouble you're in now, you can sort out...you seem to always be able to crawl out of holes you dug for yourself!

You're doing quite well with everything else, living abroad, learning (slowly!) how to be comfortable in your own company and also that not everyone is trustworthy. You've gotten through a lot worse :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Dad,

I value your opinion, really I do but please stop trying to tell me how to live my life! If you don't like what I'm doing then keep it to yourself!

Love lala

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Hang in there. Yes, it's crap, yes, it's worse every day, but you have lots of options and you're only ever 8 weeks away from freedom. Get what you need from it and leave them.

Also what happened today was a long time coming and sometimes you do have to be cruel to be kind. She needs help and you can only do so much, don't beat yourself up

P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

J,

I've noticed you around. I find you very attractive. Um...would you go to bed with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JenEffy

Dear L,

You've been a good friend for years. But lately I've become a different person. I'm not the quiet girl who lets everyone else talk over her anymore. You need to realise that your problems aren't more important than everyone else's and that, honestly, I'm sick of listening to you go on and on about the same things. It would be great if you would stop crowd sourcing everything in your life. Other people exist, too.

Love, J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Stop doing drugs. You ruined great days/ nights out. And get so angry with me for not wanting to do any but yet are so sound to every one else and take all your drug anger out on me.

You're probably still dancing away out of your face on pills while I've been home the last hour and you didn't even notice I'm gone.

At 34 you'd wanna cop the fcuk on!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Dear me,

Time to get serious.Trip to the doctor first for a well overdue blood test and an appointment with the physio about that floppy foot of yours, then....

Exercise + proper food. Bikini body and a happy me for the 11th July - 2 months and 14 days away.

You've so little too lose. Cop on to yourself. You'll regret it if you keep putting on more instead of losing those few pounds.Your not spending your first hoilday in 10 years hiding behind a frumpy tshirt and feeling sorry for yourself.

C.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear exams,
    Please be nice to me, I've worked my ass off all year.
    I deserve to do well,
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Dear bestie,

I get your married now and your life is great but for those of us going through some pretty serious crap right now please dont belittle it and rub your great life in my face while im drowning. And just cuz you are married now doesn't mean you can't keep my confidence anymore. I'm really disappointed in you. I won't be confiding in you again. That makes me sad.

S

Dear my boy

I'm sorry about what happened, i do hope youre ok.
    i had similar circumstances month ago, and you kept me going.

now..
    are you mad with me because i didnt stay the other night. i explained why and i thought you understood.
    I get u were tired friday night.. if you werent there'd be something up
    But yesterday.. nothing?? one message?? i know you're busy but hey, i cant meet this time..
    and today nothing.

I know i'm overthinking this.. but of alllll the times.. i am going to be selfish and say, wait 4 weeks then do it.

you made me think i'm more than just sex. otherwise why would you phone and text so much.
    you asked me to come other night. i did.
    anyway.. better say it here than tell you cos ya know what, i'm getting my period and being a cranky bitch and if you had done all opposite , i'd prob still be finding something to pick at.
    so its ok, i'll see you next weekend.. if i make it through the next week.
    xxx

You know what? The lot of ye can p**s off. I'm clearly getting nowhere being nice. If you need help I'll help but I'm not bending over backwards for anybody anymore.

And you. You couldn't be bothered bringing your own mother to your house. What is it? Does the witch not want her there and you're following orders like a little puppy? You are pathetic. When she's gone I won't even look at you.

Gran. I wish this wasn't happening to you. I can't remember what you were like before. I do have one memory. Chasing the butterflies. It's my earliest memory, tattooed on my shoulder forever but I know you don't remember it. I wish things could be different. :( xx

"Cross the line if he was a jerk all along and you feel naive for not realising it sooner." Yep that's pretty much all I have left after our two year 'relationship'. I'm much better off alone.

Dear x,

I'm in no word doing well right now thanks to you. You lied, hide and made up all the possible excuses instead of telling me the real truth. I can accept an up front "I'm not in love with you", but I will never forgive " it's not you it's me". I had to figure it out by myself which cut any possibility at being friends or keeping any nice memories of you coz you left me in the limbo of my own thoughts wondering for weeks and months on what was going on.

It's hard enough to know that the person you are in love with and knows it, doesn't, without bringing all those times you might have been just pretending you were ,all those little hints left here and there for me to pick up and call it the end when it suited you.

I don't think much about you and your silence just proves that you are not someone I want to be linked too. What you saw was what you got, it doesn't take a genius to know if you're in or out. But more importantly it takes a honest person with integrity and guts to do so. There are no rules in love but those quality above are expected when one of the party are not in the same level or not willing to make more effort.
    It's disrespectful and show little consideration when you leave to the other person to cop on. It's a little too easy,The choice was yours to call it not mine.
    All your memories are going to the general waste bin, not recyclable.

Bye and I'm not wishing you to be doing ok any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I just can't take the constant negativity anymore. I get you're sad, but I'm trying to feel better, to feel more like my old self, and it just feels like I'm just rained upon everytime something makes me happy. I know as friends I should be able to listen to the bad as well as the good, but being honest, right now I can't. Not when the bad so heavily outweighs the good. I'm struggling so hard to keep my head up, I really can't deal with your issues and my own, I'm not in the right frame of mind. It's really tiring trying to console someone constantly, as I'm sure you know since you've done it to me when I needed it, but it's relentless, isn't it? Everything is brought back onto you and I honestly can't listen to it anymore. Tired of feeling bad and negetive and guilty for wanting a drink. It doesn't help when you try take me on a massive guilt trip either, in public, making me sound like the bad one, trying to get my attention. It isn't fair and I wouldn't have done it to you.

Despite that, you are a good person and I do wish you well in life. I'm just not able to be the kind of friend you seem need and I'm sorry.

R

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

What was the point in messaging me about organising a hen party for me? Are you for real? When would this mythical hen party take place? I never see you. You never contact me, that message on facebook was out of the blue after a whole year, the last two times I messaged you on facebook you didn't reply. You never visit me. If you knew me at all, even just a little bit, you'd know that I am so not the hen party type of person. Grand, have a party to celebrate but don't even call it a "hen party", that's not me. You don't know that though, you don't know me.

If there was a "hen party", it was the trip to Donegal I took with my sister or the trip to Paris I took with my sister. She lives 167kms away, about a 1.5 hour drive and I have seen her more times in the past 6 months than you or any of my other "friends". You live 10 minutes away. I've given up doing all the running, that's not fair.

J and I have dropped everything to be there for you, most recently when you went through one of the toughest times imaginable. Where were you after my accident, when I was stuck in this house for 6 months, one of the toughest times I've ever faced in my life. I've come to realise that that is the bar I measure everyone against now. Were you there for me when I was hit by a van and was off my feet for 6 months, my only outings going to and from medical appointments and relying on the kindness of our real friends to ferry me around (friends who were only too happy to do it without being asked) when I reached my limit on spending over €100 a week on taxis because obviously I couldn't drive anywhere. If you weren't then there's a good chance you're not actually my friend.

Friendship is about knowing when someone needs you without having to be asked. That's my sister. And I can't believe I missed out on 5 years of having that mindreader in my life. I know she feels the same but I know we're not going to punish ourselves or dwell on the past. Mistakes were made, yes, but we're not going to lose anymore time thinking about it. We're just going to look forward and we have so much to look forward to.

J, words can't describe how you've changed my life and helped me grow into a better person. I was good before I met you but I was selfish, I was young and all I cared about was work for money, get the money, spend the money, party with friends and have a good time. I really never knew I had it in me to care for someone the way I cared for B. I never knew anyone had it in them to care for B the way you did. I'm starting to get excited about August. It's going to be so weird to put a ring on your finger. Is it supposed to represent sealing the deal?

M, I am so done with your crap. I've had enough. I don't always lay down and let you walk over me but I know there are some fights that I have to give into for a peaceful day but do you know what? Not anymore. You are the one who should be thankful for a peaceful day. You are the one who treats people like crap and I've had enough.

Dear you,

When you let anyone in it backfires. Maybe you messd up but you didn't deserve that. Twice in the last 4 months it's happened. People run from you so I think the moral of the story is don't let anyone in. Ever. Keep going with the weight loss for yourself and remember to be happy around people even though you should keep your distance. Think of this as a step forward. You won't get hurt and you won't hurt anyone else.

Love,

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Dear Paris,

Thank you so much for a wonderful year, full of opportunity, challenge, growth, adventures, learning, fun, friendships, understanding, excitement and amazing memories. I will never feel like I deserved this opportunity, or understand how I ever got lucky enough to fall on my feet and live my dream. This was the hardest decision I ever made in all of my life, to give up third year at home with friends and move here, where I don't speak the language, to study in French for a year worth 50% of my degree with people I'd never met before. It was the best decision that I ever made. I know and love and respect myself so, so much more now. I think I've finally accepted myself, if that makes any sense? And it's because of how challenging all of this has been. Ridiculously frustrating at times, but every difficulty was an opportunity and every single thing I thought would trip me up, every single thing I didn't think I could do, I conquered. I've come through some serious crap here, and I've gained remarkable strength as a result.

I have no regrets. I'm so glad to have the wonderful friends that I have, and I know that some of them at least will always be there for me. Thanks for allowing me to meet S, who is a second sister to me now. Thanks for providing a platform for me to work out how I really feel about D, thanks for teaching me a whole new language, thanks for exposing me to so many different cultures and disciplines and perspectives. Thanks for being so achingly beautiful in the rain, in the sun, in the snow. Thanks for teaching me that just because something is hard doesn't mean it's not worth it. Thanks for teaching me that I can really do things, even when I am paralysed by self-doubt.

I never thought I'd live here, as much as I always wanted to. Even when I applied for the exchange and got offered a place, I didn't think I'd ever actually go. I can still remember the fear and the trepidation when I arrived, before that even. This experience has been very different to what I expected, but no less enriching as a result. I will always remember this. Every time I come back here it will feel a little bit like coming home. I'll miss you, and I know that you won't miss me and that's something I've come to love.

What a year, what an opportunity. Oh, what a city. Paris, je t'aime. <3

Love, K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Dear You,

I was sad when I got your phone call saying you didn’t want to see me any more. I accepted it, as I know that you can’t force someone to like you.

I had the flu and was stuck in bed for a few weeks after that. I had a lot of time to think about things during that period. When I thought about you I just thought that the feelings I had were because I was sick and feeling sorry for myself.

I recovered and was well enough to go to the
    . This is where things started to go wrong. When I saw you it was like getting kicked in the stomach. I had forgotten how beautiful you are. I was afraid to look at you such was the strength of my emotions. You spoke to me and were so nice I had difficulty in keeping my composure. At the end of the night I walked half way home before I got a taxi, my head full of sadness at thoughts of you.

I remember waking up the morning after that first night together. You were sleeping curled up in my arms. I felt an enormous sense of affection for you. I probably behaved like a complete idiot but you spent most of the rest of the day with me. That was one of the best days of my life. Thank you so much for the time you spent with me.

I have two conflicting thoughts in my head now. The first is that I wish I had never set eyes on you, I could do without feeling this bad. The second is that I have such a lovely memory of you; it’s a wonderful thing to have.

I still have that sense of affection for you. I wish that I could be the bloke you want.

H

Dear mother nature

Thank you for giving me my period just as i start the most stressful time of the last few years career related. could ya not have gimme a wEEEK!!
    and its ms heavy heavy!!
    p.s. thank you though cos it mean i'm not pregnant! ;):o

T,

I dont know what going on.. yes deja vu, its only been 2 days. but seriously.. from every day regularly to nothing???
    what am i doing wrong? i am mad about u!!

Dear ME!
    Please relax.
    He will call or text later and you'll feel like an idiot. you'll see him next week and wonder what u were thinking this for.
    The next 4 weeks will go great, just relax a bit. Keep at this, this is what you've spent the last few years working for remember???
    think of the party after. think of the wizard if anything.
    x

Dear people in my life.

This is the time (and rare a time) that i need you to ring or text me and say Hey, best of luck, it'll go good. or even a joke msg. ANYTHING!!
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

We've had another fight. This one was pretty bad. The reason I'm now this way - it's because I'm lonely. I am so lonely that it scares me. I've either drifted or lost all of the close friends I had, and now I'm stuck in this awful crappy rut. Can't make new friends that easily, so I socialize with you and yours. But then I create drama. Then we fight. Then you threaten to break up with me.

2013 has been hard for me. I know full well I'm running out of chances, but I honestly don't know how to fix this. I've tried therapists, I've tried doctors, I've even tried some new hobbies. Just please, don't give up on me. I just need some more time to fix this.

I don't want this 5% destructive streak to keep going, it's not worth it anymore, so I'll try cut the crap if you do.

A
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear depression,

you scare me sometimes but i know i can move on. when i do stupid things like watch films that bring back the reality of what you did to me, yeah it feels like you could win again, but no you're not. I am stronger now and am feeling better. I will always be aware, but i won't let you worm your way back in again. I know i have a long way to go, but i am getting there, even if nights like tonight happen, i will get there.

L

Dear body,

I know that you're only presenting me with these not-so-nice pregnancy symptoms because you're trying to send me messages about what's best for the baby.

E.g. when I went to throw some leftovers into the compost bin yesterday, and the slightest whiff of rotting veg made me puke into the kitchen sink, you were only trying to warn me against devouring the contents of the bin. Thanks for that. (As it happens, I wasn't planning on eating it anyways, but, thanks all the same.)

And as for making me swell up like the Michelen Man since pretty much the moment of conception with water retention? I get it - you're saying to eat less salt. I can do that. But then why give me such crazy strong salt cravings? :/ What do you want from me???!!!

Maybe it's all just baby's way of letting his anxious mammy know that he's just fine in there and making himself lovely and cosy in his temporary home. :)

YOUR GORGEOUS...

seriously, i dont ever think i have been so attracted to a man in my life. Your eyes are amazingly big, you have beautiful hands and your arms, Jesus! I even find the way that you put the pen behind your ear sexy.

The reson I was so nervous giving the presentation with you wasnt becouse I had to give it in front of everyone like I said, it was becouse I had to give it with you. But when you laughed and nudged me and told me it was great, i felt amazing. That bit when you leaned on the desk, I nearly fainted!

Unfortunatly, I would say you are out of my leauge and the fact I have to work with you all summer is not going to help. But I suppose a summer of watching you is enjoyable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

What the hell is this?

Why don't I care about anything anymore? Is this really who I've become, or am I suffering from depression or something? Maybe I'm a victim of all the years of mistreatment and self-destruction and crippling negative thoughts about myself, or maybe all of this is symptomatic of some sort of mental illness?

I don't care about work anymore. I'm not even aRsed fighting for the position I deserve, after almost three years of working tirelessly and endlessly in this job and being thrown back to square one. I don't care. I'm done here, mentally checked out, couldn't give a flying crap about any of it.

I don't care about relationships, friendships. I can't even bring myself to find the time to skype my friends, or meet up with the few ones that count here, because I'm so paralysed by apathy, depression, inability to get out of bed or leave the apartment. I feel no compassion towards anyone because I feel no compassion for myself. I feel sorry for my friends, for having to put up with my half hearted, non committal friendship. I'm sick of myself. I'm sick of my own bullsh1t.

I don't care about boys. I don't want another boy to see me, actually "see" me for as long as I live. I'm shut off to that, I've given up on love. Love is for fools. For people willing to gamble everything for the sake of a fleeting moment of happiness and then the inevitable pain. I don't need any more pain.

So where do I go from here? Another addiction? More self destruction? Keep travelling, keep moving in the hope that I can run away from all of this?

Once again, as per usual, I don't know what to do.

So I guess I'll do nothing.

Advertisement