Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear mirror,

If, someday, you could maybe think about reflecting back an acceptable version of myself instead of handing me an ever-increasing list of negatives, I'd really appreciate it. Just throw me a bone here, please.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I miss you. No more, no less.

I'd give almost anything to rewind back to last summer and spend a few hours with you lying under a leafy green tree on a warm August day. That was honestly one of the happiest days of my life. It really kills me that we'll never do that again and all I have left are the bittersweet memories.

I don't miss you all the time, but when I do it hits me like a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Feeling good - very positive today - realised I can't control everything and that's ok. Not worrying about stuff so much - practicing begin with yes - every step - small or large that moves me toward what I want is working. Being productive instead of my normal worrying - things are starting to slowly fall into place. Slowly is good. More chance of those changes sticking. I slowly got myself into this hole and I'll slowly get myself out. I'll be a little bit better every day that goes by. Just knowing that makes it easier.

I hope that anyone that is having a hard time knows there is light at the end of the tunnel. Talk to someone - people are much more generous and compassionate than you realise. You just need to give them the chance.

As Sonny in the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel says "Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Dear future Sister-In-Law

Thank you for being a complete Bridezilla the last 5 months, I must say it has been an enjoyable experience! I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible. I've known you since I was 5 years old and its only now, your true personality is shining as bright as the f*cking sun.

Your OCD has been pushed on to my 3 year old niece and she has your same temper - great news. Babysitting her is a nightmare, because she doesn't get told no enough. I am the big bad wolf because I don't let her have her way. Thanks for that.

If I have to endure one more 40 minute phone call from you doing your 100th out-loud checklist I think I may actually lose my mind. You don't have the money for this wedding, you gave yourself 5 months to plan it all (and you've made sure I have a long ass checklist to complete of my own) and I can safely say, when I get married - it will be in a registry office and then I will jet off to Mexico for 3 weeks.
    It may seem selfish but I could not give a flying f*ck. Weddings are a massive hype, it's about 2 people promising their lives together forever, not about dresses, hairstyles, who sits where etc etc etc..

Can't wait for it to be over.

Exhausted, fed up, and hating holy matrimony...

DW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Brain

What the f**k is wrong with you. I should be at least a little bit happy, things are actually going pretty well at the moment, jobs okay, there's a nice boy on the scene. But no. I was fighting back the tears in work today and I have no idea why. The nice boy texted me and all I could think is he's probably just bored and passing time till someone better comes along, there's no way he could actually be interested in me. I'm avoiding people again too, that's always a bad sign. Why the hell can't I just be normal. Have normal relationships. What if for some inexplicable reason the nice boy actually wanted to keep seeing me. How would I even tell him about all this depression crap. He'd run for the hills and I wouldn't blame him. I feel like I'm carrying around this deep dark secret all the time, sometimes I can control it but it never completely goes away, it's always lurking in the shadows. Letting people get close to me means they get closer to what i'm always trying to hide, so relationships are always so superficial. I'd like to let the nice boy get closer but i'm so scared he wouldn't understand.

At least just let me get some sleep tonight, please.

Me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Monday -

I need you to just, STOP, please.

Boss man,

What the f? Am I supposed to just sit here and take this? Seriously?
    Not even the courtesy of a reply to my email?
    You want me to fight for this?
    Well then fcuk it, it's on.
    Be in your office tomorrow afternoon and give me a fcuking straight answer.

R

On a positive note, I can now totally relate to, and actually kind of admire, the office b1tch.

still finding your lies. I was doing so well and all the things that I thought were just fears - they weren't fears - it was my instinct. You're a liar. You're a cheat. Feel sick at it all. Think it's time for the proper ending now. You will never change and even if you could I don't think I could ever believe you again. It feels like a thousand daggers to my heart. But I know your heart is not in it. I have to believe actions over words. Your words are self serving lies and you're a man of no actions. Strange to be here all over again. At least now I know - I was only fooling myself. It can never be. You will always find someone else - you're right to say there's nothing wrong with me. I am enough - you're just a selfish pr**k.

Keep calm and carry on.

There's a lot to change - you can't do it all at once. Old patterns will raise their ugly heads - breaking habits take time so give yourself a break every once in a while. You will get there because you know its what you want.

Just remember when the sun goes down the stars come out

K,

Life isn't the same without you. We broke up years ago and you're still in my dreams every single night.

I haven't seen you in months & I dread seeing you around, even though I would love to. I still can't bear to delete any of the pictures I have of us from over the years on my computer, they're backed up to a DVD because they're the most precious pictures I have.

Seeing happy couples reminds me of the way we were, a huge jealousy builds up in me whenever I see them. The thoughts of you with anyone else upsets me so much.

I wish things were back to the way they used to be. I have no time for any girl but you. You're still everything to me.

We said goodbye for good on Christmas Eve. I know you don't want me anymore but I wanted you to know that I love you and always will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Mother,

I won't bother coming home in future if you see fit to treat me as a glorified skivvy. 90% of what you've said to me this week has been orders or giving out. You only want me home so you don't have to do all the housework. I explained that I still have an exam to study for so I'll do what I have time for, but that wasn't good enough.

I'm not lazy, I'm willing to help out and I always was. All you have to do is ask nicely, instead of expecting me to read your mind and then snapping at me because my telepathic skills are evidently on the blink. Yes I still rely on you for some things but I provide for myself insofar as I can, so the snide remarks are really unnecessary.

Why don't you ask your other daughter to help out for once? She's never had to lift a finger in her life, yet you give her money 'hand over fist' (as you say yourself) for nights out and class hoodies and heaven knows what else. I know she's studying too, but there's no reason why all the responsibility should fall on me.

I contribute to my college education as much as I can. Evidently you begrudge what you do give me, so I might as well drop out now so I can do the ironing everyday for you.

Regards, E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dear depression/thoughts/self doubt,

Just fúck off. I fúcking hate you. I fúcking told you I'd deal with you all when I felt I could. Instead you come at me at once and make me feel like utter shít.

I thought I was doing fine and I'm not helping myself by getting frustrated.

They say crying isn't a form of weakness but I feel weak. Weak and sick.

I heard this song today and thought of you my darling sister - remember listening to it all the time you got sick the first time - now this is the third time and you are still so brave - the strength and grace that you deal with it all - you amaze me - I looked up to you some much as a kid and have more and more respect for you as time goes by. Hopefully you have a lot of time

Love you xxx
    L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9N-33T9Fvs

Heal Over :
    It isn't very difficult to see why
    You are the way you are

Doesn't take a genius to realise

That sometimes life is hard

It's gonna take time

But you'll just have to wait

You're gonna be fine

But in the meantime

Come over here lady

Let me wipe your tears away

Come a little nearer baby

Coz you'll heal over

Heal over

Heal over someday

And I don't wanna hear you tell yourself

That these feelings are in the past

You know it doesn't mean they're off the shelf

Because pain's built to last

Everybody sails alone

But we can travel side by side

Even if you fail

You know that no one really minds

Come over here lady

Don't hold on but don't let go

I know it's so hard

You've got to try to trust yourself

I know it's so hard, so hard

Come over here lady

Let me wipe your tears away

Come a little nearer baby

Coz you'll heal over, heal over, heal over someday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear guy from the shopping centre,

Good Lord you're hot. :D

Thanks for the smile :)

J x

Dear Gongoozler,
    Thank you, just thank you.
    The gesture alone restores a bit of my faith in the good in people.
    x

Dear Government,
    I regret ever voting you into power. You've only made things worse. At least with the last lot I still had a roof over my head. I can't believe that all you've done with my appeals for help is direct me to my local homeless shelter. I never truly understood how easy it is to become homeless in this day and age. I'll never take it for granted again...

Dear employers,
    Please please please........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Dear Cork Guy,

I thought you were different how wrong was I.

:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

40 days cant come soon enough! Debating whether to go earlier thou! Decisions!! X lets see what happens shall we!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

At this moment in time I want nothing more than to hear your voice, to hold you, and to let you know that everything will be alright. Not even the ultimate blast from the past could shake me up enough to change things.

Six weeks until we can frolic to our hearts' content. I sense an adventure coming up, and I couldn't be more excited. Six weeks until I get to hold you again. We"ll dance in the sun, or the rain. We'll waltz. Oh god, I can't wait. I can't help but thing that both of our worlds will be dramatically different then. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rafe

Dear Dad
    Your passing has left such a void in my life...I miss and love you forever xoxox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

What has happened to me? Really? I just don't know the person I've become anymore :(
    Always so negative, always so unhappy with my life, and always so fcuking unable to change it with my "excuses"

I want to be happy, I deserve to be happy, I want the old me back :(

I blame my family, I blame them all for their lack of communication with each other, how they are doormats in their day to day lives, and how none of them have a set of balls between them. My heart aches for my Dad who is a broken man. All he ever did was provide for his family, he has been through so much with my Mam who, god forgive me for saying this, is a complete burden. He stayed with us even though any other man would have left :( my heart aches for my Mam because she battles demons everyday in silence, the things she went through as a child are things that I can't even imagine. She didn't ask for a mental illness, she was cursed with it. It has been a black cloud over our family for over 30 years..

I feel guilty for wanting to leave, just up and leave them all so I don't have to deal with it. Yep that's right Delta, run away from your problems like cowards do. I just can't handle it anymore, I thought I was strong but I'm not, I'm weak. How cruel of me to want to fcuk off and leave this family behind.

I've made the decision today that I'm going to start seeing a counsellor. I need an outsider to help me discover wtf I need to do to stop being so negative and depressed day in, day out. Anti depressants are not an option. I may think I'm weak but I will never go down that path, I can get through this. I just need to snap out of this black cloud I've been stuck in for so long.

Delta - cant wait for happiness to come back. Hopefully soon. I've got this far, I've been through way more than I thought would be possible. I must be strong :( I just can't see it now. I've lost sight of who I am.

just found emails from this time 2 years ago - it's crazy how much I recognized and haven't changed. I'm glad of the opportunity to do it now - I will not leave things like this again. I know it's hard for both of us but I'm living with hope - getting my giggle back on - life is for living!! :):):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I really miss talking to you sometimes but I still find it strange that you turned out to be the 'weaker' one. I was thinking the other day that if I talked to you in years to come that nothing will have changed for you. I know that probably seems as if I'm bragging. That's just how you were. You always said "Oh I'd love to do this" and "I'd love to do that" but there was always something stopping you, you have no drive. To put it bluntly - you're lazy. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think that I am. It's ironic that you, of all people, were telling me to grow up. Maybe if I hadn't been a doormat you would have realised sooner how low you made me feel. 

Dear D.
    how things have changed,.
    last time you really were my knight in shining armour although i didnt see you for the whole time.. just letting me rant via text and talk about anything and you same saved my sanity.

now.. i had to go for sleep to get over fact that yes i am jealous of you and her..

you had a different 'her' that time but still it didnt bother me cos it was so long term..
    now you on with this one then its off and now yer on again..

i dont want to be jealous. but there's something inside annoying.
    but maybe its the fact that my fella decided to clear off 3 weeks ago.

its ok though, i hope me and u can still be friends.. im guessing this girl wont be as easy with u texting other girls all day. but anyway..
    dont disappear on me please.
    good boy :)

Dear m.

dont ask me how its going , no bother.
    its not as if you've not been thru it.. but a simple.. hows it all going wouldnt hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

K,

Friends like you are rare. Gold dust, I would say.
    How am I ever going to tell you I'm leaving?
    You're one of the biggest reasons why moving on is going to be tinged with sadness and slight regret.
    I hope, maybe against hope, that we can maintain what we have, despite the ocean that will be between us.
    Happy birthday kid.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pixie,

Its been a rough two weeks, emotions flying everywhere, doubting yourself over a guy. But we pick ourselves up, we observe what happens and we move on. Here is to a better week :)

xx

M,

arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!! :mad:

D,

So, i liked you. And you told me something that really really made me feel so horrible about myself. I have no reason to feel horrible about myself because i didnt do anything, you did, you were the one that was in the wrong, not me. Take care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Mam,

I often feel bad living away from you since you've become unwell, wishing I could be closer to help out. But it's hard to visit too, hard to try and help you when you don't seem to listen to advice.

I'm worried for you, but don't know what to do.

I'm worried for myself, that it will happen to me too.

Please take care of yourself more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

See you ya little prick! Give my little brother crap again and ill fly over there and kick seven shades of shít out of you. A 50 yr old bitter man thinks he can bully a 27yr old and threaten to call his nana? Well guess what you thundering cnut, blood is thicker than water.

I guess you have forgotten that my mam reared you when both your parents left you in a home. My little brother is worth 100 of you, you sad wánker!!

I love you like I've never loved anyone, I've let you in in a way no one has has ever been close to me before.

I think were we're so good together, I love so many things about you, you truly make me a better, happier person. Your making me believe that we have a future together, i try to hold myself back but it seems when you say all those things that you mean them.

I hate that you had it all before. I hate that she was there, I hate that they all knew her so well, I hate that she was such a fixture in all aspects. I hate she will always have a place.

I do believe that ye have both moved on but I'm afraid to believe that you wont hurt me.

I regret bringing up what I did last night, I felt better after saying it out loud, i don't want it to overshadow the other issues we were talking about.
    I wish you had reacted differently. I wish you'd picked up the phone and put it to rest there and then, I wondered were you so non phased by it because it was true?
    Saying it out loud to you today, part of me now believes its not true. I wish you hadn't told me that it had happened before. Your reasons make sense and your actions that morning fit that it didn't happen. I hope you bring it up this evening. I will explain why I thought it again and then I will let it go. But please don't put it all on me and I wish I hadn't let you into my head.

We need to talk about those other issues again. I do believe you regretted them yesterday. I meant it when i said your free to make your own choices but i don't have to like them or tolerate them. I'm glad I made it clear yesterday that i have no respect for those kind of actions.

Ha, you text right on cue. I hate that I cant read you but I'm like an open to you. I'm closing the book.

Think it's time to cut contact. I'm going insane over here - you know I'll contact you, I always do. maybe I when I don't it might scare you a bit. If it doesn't and nothing happens well then that's the answer I've been looking for.

Just can't do this to myself anymore. I deserve better. A whole lot better than this.

So you're home .
    you visit her, you visit your friends, you go do things with your friends.
    yes i'm busy but when i mention something is a few days time that we could do.. its a no.. you've some excuse.
    yes i know i'm the uncool older sister but really. i feel crap enough as it is. but dont worry about me. i'll just celebrate on my own and get thru this week on my own.

• Advertisement

Don’t you dare tell me that I’m Beautiful
    until you have seen my scars that line my body

Don’t you dare tell me that I’m Lovely
    until I shut you out because I swore to myself that you are just like all the rest and will get sick of me

Don’t you dare tell me that I'm Flawless
    until you have seen me break down in tears. I will show you the darkness that consumes me and then you will leave me

But if you have seen my scars, my bitterness and darkness and you are still here ….then maybe just maybe I will believe you.

Advertisement