Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear myself,

While I was sticking to my morals, he wasn't and chose her over me. D was right. D can read you like a book, and it scares the **** out of you. You know D could be good for you, help you change, make you a little better, he challenges you, the way you think, you need that, but in order to experience that you have to risk him ripping your heart out and tearing it to shreds. You're too honest and trusting, just not selfish enough. Why do you never allow yourself to be even a little selfish. look at all you missed out on by being honorable, today just highlighted that. D was right you don't owe anyone anything, sometimes it's okay to look out for number one, it doesn't make you a bad person. Why do you have that fear inside you of disappointing others, even complete strangers. He disappointed you and did he care? not a chance, he walked away and never gave it a second thought. so what if you disappoint people sometimes, you're not infalable, so what if you make mistakes, everyone else makes them now and again. why do you put so much ****ing pressure on yourself?

Just have some fun with D, be selfish for once, **** what everyone thinks. ok so he doesn't want a relationship, why is that such a big deal to everyone. Why cant I just enjoy his company for a while and have great sex. Its not going to stop me meeting someone else who might want a relationship. we've set the boundaries we know where we stand.

Think about it. Think about what you really want for a change, not what you think you should want.

From me.

C,

Three years ago today. As much as I hate to say it that day remains the happiest day of my entire life. I can never remember being as happy as I was that day, and I don't know if I'll ever feel that happy again. Yet if I could turn back time I'd make sure that day never happened.

I wonder if you remembered this anniversary of sorts or if you thought about me at all today. Probably not, I mean why would you? Looking back at the past is only for those of us who can't look forward to a future. And you're one of the lucky ones who knows what he wants and knows how to get there. You'll probably never be a ground breaking, Nobel winning scientist or anything but hey, at least you're happy doing what you want to do. I'd give anything to be able to wake up in the morning, get out of bed and live my days working towards something I want. Alas, the "getting out of bed" bit ranks as my greatest achievement every day.

They say the opposite of love isn't hatred but indifference, and I reckon that's true. No matter how much I hate you (for what you did to me, the way you hurt me and how well your life turned out after while mine went nowhere but backwards) I'm never able to not care what happens to you. I'd love to be able to never think about you again. But that won't ever happen, because you impacted on my life way too much. After three whole years you'd think I'd be over it, but nope; my brain doesn't work that way. It doesn't work in most ways, as well you know.

Every time you sank to a low point I was there for you. The first time I sank lower, you ran away. You'll always be that person. Never forget that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dear Hospital,

You've given my grandmother her 9th surgery date. If ye could please stick to it this time that would be absolutely fantastic.

No love,

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Back on track this week. 2lbs more til you've lost 35lbs. Just keep going. :) x

Dear C

You were in my dream last night.
    In it, i was trying to call ambulance for you as i knew that you would die.

I was on phone explaining to them that i know how this will all pann out as i was there for your funeral.. but it was no good.
    then you are walking past me.. with someone and up a stairs.

I called out to you and you turned to me, i said goodbye and blew you a kiss and you did the same.

It was lovely but i woke up crying because i realised that this dream was me saying good bye as i hadnt seen you for months before you did die.
    Love you always, miss you.
    xxx

• Advertisement

I wish for your sake you could move past this.

We were not good together and I am not responsible for your continued choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

the short time i knew you and the exeriences we shared, were exciting, breath taken, up lifting and a bound i am not likely to forget any time soon.
    i do apoligise for any problems i may have caused you, i wish you well, i miss you, you are an exceptional woman,
    thank you for everything,
    my heart is broken and i did shed a tear for you. i can not get you out of my mind.

i mostly miss your eye and the sunflowers they hold.

good day mrs B

Mr G

Dear X you were my friend and you deserved so much better

I am so sorry for the ways I failed you as a friend, I should have been there and done more and I will regret that forever.

You were one the most caring person I ever knew but you were the most selfish bstrd I ever met in so many other ways. I have this image in my head of you never succeeding at in the way that you wanted but going to live in a little country cottage in the hills and just pottering around

I hate that I still hate you even months on

I hate my guilt for hating you

I miss you

http://youtu.be/ojZ4jjrQkv4

Am I ever going to stop feeling like this? Yes things have gotten better but why do I always feel like there's something missing. I'm so lonely that I feel like I can't breathe and it was the same when I was with him, is that a reflection on me or him? Me probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Dear Dad,

That vivid dream I had a couple of years ago of us being somewhere in the Far East by the sea, chatting about something in the rain under a leaky wooden veranda, whilst a massively gigantic pig was being hauled out of the water beside us in a heavily industrialised area popped into my head again last night when I was on the lash on a language exchange. So I booked a ticket to Taiwan this morning, as it seemed like it might have been there and I decided that's where I will go to to have a wander around on my holliers. But only for the architecture. Not because I am a weirdo who makes rash decisions based on faded memories from my subconscious or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Don't bleed until you're cut.

I know you CAN do this, I know you WILL do it, and I know you'll do it well. Give it socks, my lovely. I doubt you'll bleed at all. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Dear *******

I'm sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

P

why do you take so long to text back? In fact why did u text yday after 3 weeks? Are you interested or not? (kinda hope you are) please dont mess with my head. Id be so chuffed if you were my bf...l know alot of people would think how the heck did she get him??

Please text back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I just think that it is really sad that you hate me because i am better friends with him than you are. You blatantly do not include me in things and are trying to replace me and yet you wont come out and say it. You are extremely fake and everyone is getting sick of you.

I hope to God you cop on. You have turned to drugs just because he does it. You call people whores and sluts because they talk to him. You are being used. It is clear you are being used. You are so blinded by it because you love him. He uses you for sex. You are an extremely jealous and bitter bitch.

Cop the **** on, i am seriously so sick of you.

I still think about you sometimes and hope you're okay. I really thought I wouldn't get over us breaking up but it seems like I am. I saw a picture of us on Facebook from the day of B's debs and I felt nothing. Zilch. Strange isn't it? Sh1t happens and you move on. Seems I'm stronger than I thought I was.

J x

Edit:

I have poured out my heart
    Laid it right here for you
    I've tried so hard
    That's the best that I can do

Please understand I am not who I was

You used to be all that I had
    Now you're just not what I need
    I've got to get over you, then I know
    Then I can get back to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

P

I dont give a flying s*it if you dont tb, your clearing not interested. Just another guy stringing a girl around.

good luck to ya, your loss xoxo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Husband,
    I love you, I love you, I love you!
    Xxx

Baby,
    See above^^^. Although we haven't met yet, you are truly amazing to me. Seeing you grow and change in the ultrasound pictures is just magic and now that I feel you moving around I just cannot wait for October!
    Xxxx

Please please please let me get this job...
    This is going to be the longest week of my life, trying so hard not to get my hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Just turn up this weekend. No more excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

E,

Maybe if you shut up moaning for a few minutes and took some responsibility for yourself, things would change. I'm really getting to the end of my tether with you now. You've exhausted pretty much all of my patience and I just find you so hard to deal with. Ever since you were a kid you've always passed the blame for EVERYTHING onto someone else, but you're a bloody adult now and it's time to start acting like it. I'm just so unbelievably sick of you and it saddens me that I'm genuinely looking forward to not being around you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

M,

I really thought we were good mates - I considered you my best friend here and the only "real" Spanish friend I'd made . I saw you as someone I could really trust and you were always there for me. Then you found a girlfriend and I was delighted for you but almost immediately you dropped me like a hot snot. That was over a year ago and we only met up twice since when we used to meet 2-3 times a week. Our mutual friend told me over the weekend that you'd liked me and hand on heart, I never suspected it; you hid it well. I understand it's difficult to remain friends with someone you like but an explanation of some kind, even via Facebook to avoid the embarrassment of face-to-face would've been really appreciated. I feel used and believe now you were only friends with me in the hope something would happen and it cheapens the friendship I thought we had.

Again I know you were in a tricky situation and I understand it's easier said than done to be honest about how you feel but I think you lack balls tbh. I think you took the cowardly way out by saying absolutely nothing and instead just ignoring me. I defriended you on Facebook today and wrote you a kind note to let you know why. No response yet and I know you've seen it. **** it.

You were a good friend back then and you are a good guy and I miss you. You really value friendship when you're away from home - you were like family to me for those 2 years. Perhaps you don't appreciate it yourself being from here and seeing your family on a regular basis but maybe you will if you ever leave Spain.

Best of luck with it all, man. I'm sad and disappointed and confused it has come this but I wish you all the luck in the world.

E

Dear family, friends, co workers.

I'm so lonely, I'm sick of being single. All I want is to be able to come home after a hard days work and have someone give me a kiss and a cuddle and tell me they love me. I want babies and a family. I wish you'd all stop asking me why i'm single, it's not like it's by choice. I'm sick of being strong and acting like being single doesn't bother me. It does. I hate it. Constantly reminding me of the only thing I've ever wanted and never had, surprisingly, doesn't help.

Me.

Dear universe,

Please be kind to Homelesssoon. They deserve something good to happen.

Me x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dearest Beks,

In exactly five weeks you will be wearing a bikini walking around Miami's finest beaches on a holiday you've been anticipating for the last six months
    Please put down the chocolate.
    It's not smart and it's not cool.

Regards,

Your Better Self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

dear OH,
    father's day was great, i didn't have to do much...
    but did you have to leave everything there for me to do the day after.....tnx... not

Stop thinking and dreaming about him. You know in your heart that he wasn't right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

would have been our anniversary today - it would be nice to hear from you but I understand if you don't want to acknowledge it. I guess it always meant a little more to me - ya know how I love dates! Hope you have a lovely day whatever you're doing. Been thinking of you

All my love xxx

I GOT THE JOB!!!! I can't believe it.I won't be loosing my home!
    Thank you universe for finally making things work out,
    Thank you my new employers for taking a chance on me,
    Thank you everyone for listening to me over the last month,
    Thank you Gongoozlerfor offering me your phone,
    Thank you x Purple Pawprints x for all your kind words.

To everyone,
    please remember when you hear of homeless people in Ireland, they're not all 'junkies' or 'addicts.' This world can be really really hard, especially in today's world. I hope no one here has to go through my experiences in the last month (or year for that matter). I know where I'll be volunteering my free time and holidays from now on, I'll be helping people suffering the same fate I narrowly avoided...

Thank you boards.ie for giving me somewhere to speak xxx

You,

Keep going, keep pushing yourself and you'll get to goal. You can do it.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Thanks for cancelling on me yet again

Advertisement