Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Should I find a place by myself which is what I really want and probably struggle with money, should I move in with K and sacrifice my personal space as it makes more sense financially, should I bite the bullet and move home for a few months to get cash up (and pretty much go insane in the meantime)??? Decisions, decisions. I can't make one.

Being a grownup is hard. I hate that I have that big decision to make tomorrow. I was never good with change and so much has changed in the last 2 months it's left me exhausted. I know it will all come together in the end but just for today I wish it was all better. I want it all to be a bad dream and moving wouldn't be an issue - I would be planning something else with you.

I guess I just wish you were here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Dear anyone..

Give me the strength to make some decisions about my life and put an end to constantly being in limbo, or undecided, about everything.

Oh, and the best of luck in the world to Homelesssooon.. You deserve it man (woman?) for wanting to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

K,

Every now and again things are crap, then something lifts us right up and I could burst with joy because of how lucky I am to know you, let alone be loved by you. God, you're amazing xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear brain

Please please stop dreaming about him. This is the second night in a row. I can't deal with it. I know I'm better off so why does this keep happening? :(

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I GOT THE JOB!!!! I can't believe it.I won't be loosing my home!
    Thank you universe for finally making things work out,
    Thank you my new employers for taking a chance on me,
    Thank you everyone for listening to me over the last month,
    Thank you Gongoozlerfor offering me your phone,
    Thank you x Purple Pawprints x for all your kind words.

To everyone,
    please remember when you hear of homeless people in Ireland, they're not all 'junkies' or 'addicts.' This world can be really really hard, especially in today's world. I hope no one here has to go through my experiences in the last month (or year for that matter). I know where I'll be volunteering my free time and holidays from now on, I'll be helping people suffering the same fate I narrowly avoided...

Thank you boards.ie for giving me somewhere to speak xxx

Sorry to break the rules here but...

Dear Homelessoon,

I'm so happy for you!! I was really rooting for you and came on here to check if there was any news. I'm really happy!! You've made my day!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Dear Homelesssoon,

I'm so happy for you!!! You really deserve this!!! :D

xPPx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

To everyone,
    please remember when you hear of homeless people in Ireland, they're not all 'junkies' or 'addicts.' This world can be really really hard, especially in today's world. I hope no one here has to go through my experiences in the last month (or year for that matter). I know where I'll be volunteering my free time and holidays from now on, I'll be helping people suffering the same fate I narrowly avoided...

dagnabbit... there's something in my eye....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

To everyone,

Well done you deserve every success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i hope you're happy now. i hope you have gotten what you clearly set out to achieve. you don't care about anyone but yourself. you are, you have always been and always will be, a selfish prick with no regard for anyone else. you can do whatever you want but when someone stands up to you and confronts you on it, you can't handle it. i know someone else like that but he has learned to handle this attitude and control it without letting it take over all his emotions. i hope you continue to be as unhappy as you are now. you'll have to live with what you've done for the rest of your life. i wish i could say i feel sorry for you but i honestly don't. you deserve everything this life throws at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

Dear V
    You keep saying Im cute and funny and amazing....yet you don't want anything with me
    Dont say it if you don't mean it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Dear NOT Homelesssoon,

Delighted for you, you've shown amazing strength. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

To everyone,

I'm so happy to hear this! I'm delighted things are looking up for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

Mrs B
    since you've gone, this place just seams empty
    it was a short time we shared and i am forever greatfull.
    i know you will read this some day. so i am sad that we came to the end of what has a beautiful beginning.
    XXX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear you,

I'm doing okay so FEIC OFF!!!

Actually, in real life not doing okay but you are infringing on the one thing I am good at!

Ugh!

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

D,

You're 24, it's about time you realise you can't get everything your own way. Sometimes you need to look at your priorities - its MY birthday, my last night out before the baby is due three weeks later, n you want to go out with work. Never mind the fact we know each other 7 years. This time I'm not changing my plans to suit you! I'm sorry.

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

Dear Extended Family
    Why should I care, you wouldn't help when I asked, so don't try tell me what I have to do.
    Just glad I won't have to go to another family gathering again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

S

You stopped talking to me because of lies told by someone else. You never even asked for my side of the story, which I never offered because I didn't want anyone to feel they had to choose sides. But you listened to her and took her side without so much as a word to me. It hurt a lot.

And yesterday, after not seeing you for almost 2 years, you turn your head and don't even say hello or goodbye while I talk to someone next to you. It really showed me the type of friend that I lost. Someone who believes a drama queen, is a drama queen and never grew up. And if there's one thing I don't stand for, its bad manners. We'll never be friends, but a hello would have been polite.

We were friends since school. Too bad you still behave the same.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

There must have been a point where I could have made a different decision, and now I wouldn't feel like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Dear Life, God, gods, whoever,

PLEASE let this work out for me, I've never wanted anything more. The nerves are setting in now, but I still feel brave and determined. Please let this end well, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Daisy78

C

I wonder if you saw it. That picture in the newspaper ....of the man with his hands around the ladys neck. I wonder if you noticed the look in her eyes...frightened yes but sadness, disappointment and disbelief that a man who was supposed to love her could do that. Everyone was shocked of course that somebody like her could be a victim...that such a thing could happen to a smart independent woman who seemed to have it all. I wasn't of course. Did it cross your radar at all? Or have you ut those messy dark inconvenient thoughts to the back of your mind as you move on in life with your new girl. Ive tried to understand why I was the one who had to take on all of your pain...the pushing and shoving, the feel of your hands around my neck as you almost squeezed the life out of me, most of all the hurtful words. And all I tried to do was make life better for you, try to show you that you could live a life with depression and still maintain a little bit of happiness.

So five years on I wish I could say life is better, that walking away led to all the things that life had promised for so long but not delivered. I wish I could understand why I was the target of your unhappiness and yes sometimes rage.But I still have a tiny bit of hope. I have to hope that I can start again and find happiness with somebody else that I never had with you in the eight years we were together. Otherwise what's the point. I hope that you haven't completely destroyed my trust in people and that some day il look back and be thankful for having the courage to walk away that day.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

D,

Thank you so much for last night, i really had so much fun and you kept me smiling all night. So happy we get to do it again and again and again now that im home.

I love you. I am in love with you. Somewhere along the way of us being best friends I fell in love with you. Sorry. I fcuked up. I am so in love with you.

I feel like I'm being smothered.

I'm torn between wanting someone so bad and not wanting to get myself into another relationship because I'm scared I'll be hurt again. Is this normal or am I just overreacting like you told me so many times before? I just don't think I can get over being hurt like that again. I'm over you but I'm not over that. I'm not over you telling me I meant the world to you and a week later you thought it was okay to break my heart over the phone after I'd given you two years of my life. It was like being punched in the stomach and stabbed in the back at the same time. Apparently you regret it. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. There's no way I could trust you after that. And I'm going to be very very careful of who I trust in future. Things have changed so much since we went our separate ways, and everything's been good. I still can't help wondering how you are though, and you saying you couldn't live without me stays in my mind. Did you genuinely mean that or was it an attempt at playing with my emotions because you know how to play me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Throwing your toys out of the pram won't help you get your own way anytime you ask me for a favour. And calling me 'selfish' and a 'psycho' isn't going to make me more inclined to help you out.

I'd expect it of a bratty child, not an 18 year old. I'll remember it next time you need your sister to buy you something.

fcuk you cancer, fcuk you. He's my big brother, don't you dare take him away from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

lil sis wrote: »
    fcuk you cancer, fcuk you. He's my big brother, don't you dare take him away from me.

hugs.

M,

I know if you hadn't of come into my life, my little girl wouldn't be growing in my belly, so you could say i'm bittersweet that we knew each other.

But i don't like you, and if you want to be in her life, then you have to respect my boundaries. Otherwise you won't be able to see her.

L

So FINALLY that wedding is over now. I put up with some amount of sh*t from that bridezilla over the last 6 months and it's now OVER!
    It was a brill night but my god, the insults I was still receiving on the day crushed me and I'm glad I didnt cry - fcuk all you bitcheS on her side. Faces like slapped @rses for the day. I cant help being 5ft10 and size 8. Get yourselves over that :D

Now the aftermath! Nothing worse than having aunties that have major issues and try to slander my mam and say awful things about her. I will have the last laugh though - you old witches will be erased from my life if you continue with the mean unnecessary comments. I mean it - You will cease to exist in my life and you'll be sorry then. My mam may be difficult and at times infuriating with her illness - but she doesn't mean to be like that. It's not on purpose. I've lived with her for 27 years - longer than you 2 bitcheS so I know how hard it is - you don't! So it doesn't give you the right to speak about her badly just because she is your sister. She gave BIRTH to me so keep it zipped... You 2 didnt make the effort to speak to her for 10 years so NOW you're pissed off that you didnt get an invite to the wedding? Ask MY H0LE seriously! Good luck tya's if you think you'll be going to mine!

I honestly feel so alone in this family! Sometimes I think it would be better if I just fcuk off to USA with my other half and leave you all to pick up the pieces, solve issues, ensure everything is ok, take responsibility - nobody does any of that except me and my poor dad. He's been through way too much in this life to continue like that on his own. That's whats stopping me. I could honestly disappear and live a life in a new country and be happy. Unlike my life now - hating Ireland and wanting to distance myself from my crazy family. It's mad when you're young - family are everything and you're so innocent you don't even notice how mental they are. Then the older I got - I see your true colours!

Cant believe I have been driven to seek a counsellor because of this family. I thought I was strong enough to grin and bear it but obviously not! Thanks all you fcukers for creating this hostility and pettiness!

The one thing I hate most in this world is petty people - parasites who shouldn't be allowed have the air they breathe!

aaaaahh feel a bit better after that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear Gut instinct

I should trust you, shouldn't i? You've always been right I've just been too stubborn to listen to that nagging voice inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You need to stop taking your issues out on other people.

I know you're depressed but what's infuriating is that you won't get help. You're taking your moodswings out on those closest to you and it hurts.

You are not a very nice person to be around and that's a terrible thing to say about a family member, but if only you could see the negativity you're causing around everyone.

It breaks my heart that you're so stubborn-you know that if you get help, you'll be OK, but you won't make that first move.

You've been through this before, you can do it again.
    I want to see you smiling, enjoying life and being the person I've known all my life and I want to see you relishing every good thing that comes your way.

I need to see you smile because I don't think I ever have and that breaks my heart.

Advertisement