Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm scared I'll end up on my own. I'm lonely and I miss having someone to hold and hold me. I want to fall in love again but something is telling me it won't happen. Don't they say you should trust your instincts? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

E,

I sort of miss you. And that surprises me.

We were kind of 'friends' there towards the end, or at least that's how it felt to me. I think I was so 'over you' and so humoured by how so incredibly incompatible and impossible we would ever be as a couple, that I closed my mind to the idea.

Then I met someone new...you met someone new...the cycle repeated...and all the time we were oceans apart. But you were always that familiar voice, the familiar face, the name that would pop up on my phone when I least expected it. I'd smile wryly as we exchanged witticisms, slaggings, banter, the old familiar way.

I was relentlessly surprised at how long we managed to draw it out. Years. Five of them? Even more I think. Six, seven? Both just drawn to the banter, knowing it didn't hold the hope of anything real, only the release of unfiltered honesty, the promise of a stupid smile.

And suddenly you're gone.

I should've predicted it really. I knew things were getting serious in your relationship. I guess because to me, these stupid exchanges were so harmless, benign, I didn't think anyone could feel disrespected. Most of all they just helped me to feel rooted to home. The wistfulness and wishful thinking were long gone.

You were just my friend.

And for reasons I can kind of understand, you are no longer.

I hope it works out with her. She seems like someone of substance, someone who would be good for you. I sort of wish I had had the chance to tell you that.

I miss being silly with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear M,

I just want to say thank you for ignoring me after this all this time.
    I know that your husband is not my biggest fan but I have never been anything but nice to him. Does he know from the first night we both met him I told you that I thought he was a nice guy.

I spent years being there for you when ever you need a friend. Do you have any idea what it was like listing to how wonderful your life was in regards to your job, car, boyfriends, husband and child when I had none of these.
    When I eventually got a house it took you months to see it despite you only being a few miles away from me. The present you gave me then was the cheapest one you could find unlike the various presents I gave you over the years.

I have watched you change a lot over the past number of years. The person I know in the past had time for her friends but now you only have time for husband, child and your job.

Also I don't like telling you this but your mother has hardly known me a few times that I met her recently. I don't know if you have realised that she may have the start of dementia.
    You most realise that S and P won't be any help to you in this situation due to the size of there family. Meanwhile S has treated your mother poorly in the past so she will not suddenly help her now and P will keep his head in the sand over the whole thing.

The only advice I will give you is that unless you treat your friends with some respect they won't be there for you in the future when you could be glad of there help and support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

Mrs B,
    you are still in my mind, you are a special lady i know it doesn't make sense to be thinking of you so much but i do. i don't believe you are not
    asking yourself will i get in touch, there are so many reasons not to.
    but only one reason to should.
    XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Dear April,

A pep talk.

Things are looking up. You've left your crappy job. You have identified that it was not the right field for you. You've been accepted on to a course to change career direction.

You can do well at this course. If you put your back into it you can come top of the class, or do very well trying!

You'll be 30 when finished next May, but so what? Your 20s were hard and illness-plagued, and your last job was demoralising and marred by depression-fuelled absenteeism, but you CAN and will move on from this. This is not the end of the road.

You are a capable, intelligent person. Focus, work hard, and the rewards will come.

Love,

April. x

• Advertisement

"I wish I was
    Too dead to care
    If indeed I cared at all
    Never had a voice to protest
    So you fed me sh1t to digest
    I wish I had a reason
    My flaws are open season
    For this I gave up trying
    One good turn deserves my dying..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I can't wait to meet you. Your kicks are getting stronger, nearly ripping my stomach in two, but i love seeing you stretching and moving. See you soon :):)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dear you,

Yes, you're fricking terrified, but look on the bright side. It's something you can admit now. You're also not looking at October as the end of the road, which was how you approached this last time.

Things are going to get ****ty, granted, but it's only a short amount of time before they start getting great again.

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

You left me standing outside a coffee shop waiting for you for 40 minutes. You know I only get an hour lunch and then when I get back to work you somehow managed to twist it into being my fault? and told me that I am only angry because I am feeling guilty.

Whatever bs you are peddling today, I don't want it. I hate the way you can absolve yourself of any fault in this.

I hate starting my weekend on an argument so I would like it if you just headed for your mothers for the weekend the moment I walk in the door so I don't have to look at you.

And while I am on the subject, get a job you lazy waster. I am sick of supporting your scrubass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To Whatever Gods Govern the Universe - my future was changed for the worse in one night last year, we have three weeks left to change it for the better - I'll do my part, but I am counting on you to help. Thanks in advance :) K

• Advertisement

Two years on... I'm still hurting. I still cry. I may not be as broken as then, but that's only because of the anti depressants and the counselling. Why? Why did you work your way into my heart and head? Was it a sick joke...? :(

To my ex,

I just copped that it was your birthday yesterday. I had been thinking about it last week but on the day I forgot. My God, t's scary how much everything changed so fast isn't it? There was a time I thought I couldn't live without you and now I'm forgetting your birthday.

I hope you had a good day.

J x

You,

I went weak at the knees when you waved at me today. I never get noticed, especially not by people I fancy. You're very hot and I love that you're always smiling! Even if you're not single it's really nice to get a little bit of attention. :)

J x

Two years on... I'm still hurting. I still cry. I may not be as broken as then, but that's only because of the anti depressants and the counselling. Why? Why did you work your way into my heart and head? Was it a sick joke...? :(

Hi, just to let you know i was in your position and it does get better. Take care xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I GOT THE JOB!!!! I can't believe it.I won't be loosing my home!
    Thank you universe for finally making things work out,
    Thank you my new employers for taking a chance on me,
    Thank you everyone for listening to me over the last month,
    Thank you Gongoozlerfor offering me your phone,
    Thank you x Purple Pawprints x for all your kind words.

To everyone,
    please remember when you hear of homeless people in Ireland, they're not all 'junkies' or 'addicts.' This world can be really really hard, especially in today's world. I hope no one here has to go through my experiences in the last month (or year for that matter). I know where I'll be volunteering my free time and holidays from now on, I'll be helping people suffering the same fate I narrowly avoided...

Thank you boards.ie for giving me somewhere to speak xxx

just came across your posts....delighted for you!!!! all the best in the furture :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

S

Look l get all awkward and quiet around you cause l have a huge crush on you. You prob think lm a bit odd (ok maybe l am :pac:) Even before we started working together, l noticed you in a bar you use to work in, l use look forward to going in there to check you out, and now your my boss. (which makes it that bit more awkward) Your really lovely & down to earth :o oh l wish you were my bf :D ps m has a big crush on you too!

Is there any chance that you could stop talking for 10 mins? you dont have to fill every moment of silence with questions or nonsense talk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Brother,
    We realised from a young age that he is not easy to live with. I know you probably need a little space but don't shut the rest of us out.
    Xxxxx

I know I don't love you anymore but I never wanted or expected this. You need some help. x

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Just had the most amazing weekend. Finally someone sees me as I am and thinks I'm deadly. About time. Grinning like an idiot

Happy days!!

M,

This is your last chance.

• Advertisement

your amazing, your everything i want in a man, you care about other people, you do volunteer work, your funny, you write, you paint, your great with kids, you take care of yourself and make sure other people do. not to mention, your possibly the hottest man i have ever seen and the lovely shirts you wear to work don't help. your soooooooooooooooo far out of my leauge its unreal, but christ your so hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I miss your laugh, your smile, your voice but most of all your wise advice!

6 months nanny and its not getting any easier :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE take care of those that lost so much :( especially the little ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

L

I really miss you. Part of me died the day you did. The boys are so big now and o still talks about you all the time.I'll make sure they never forget. I really just want to hold you one last time. When its my time to go at least we will be together again but the boys need me to be strong. Until then take care.

I think you might be okay after today. I want you to be happy and not feel so hopeless. Let people help you. Take care of yourself. I don't love you but I would never ever want you to be hurting this much. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Why cant life be good & just treat people fairly. I feel like i have been run over by an artic today. I never felt so alone & so scared in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Hold on to the good times, be good to yourself and smile. There's enough people in the world to be horrible to you without you doing it to yourself. X

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear B

Goodbye to you. You are just a user, the longer I stayed the harder I fell. Silly me again, it's actually not your fault though, I'm a grown woman, its time I acted like one.

Dear God (or whoever higher being exists),
    Please be kind to us tomorrow. Our family has been torn apart and we need a resolution. I'm prepared to help with the money I have but it's not a bottomless well....please help us protect our family.

Me

Dear Mam,
    Get your head out of the sand and face responsibility. Your children are not your keepers and you need to show them you care. Our relationship has been destroyed and it is up to you to rebuild not us,

Me

Dear me,
    You have done as much as you can. Regardless move on. You're a good person who is sacrificing a lot. Not being funny, maybe it's time you got a bit selfish and thought about you,

Me

• Advertisement

We're waiting to see what kind of cancer my brother has. He has lymphoma and there's something in his stomach, but we don't know how far it's spread or anything else about it til the biopsy results come back. He & my Dad didn't always see to eye to eye, but when I talked with my Dad, I could see the love he has for my brother in his eyes and the sorrow too.

Last night, when I texted my Mum to see how they were doing, her reply broke my heart. "Dad v. sad re your brother cos he cant fix this, keepn busy."

Dad can always fix things, it's what he's done for us kids his whole life, and even he if couldn't make something back as new, he'd try. Or he'd surprise you with something small to replace what was broken. I wish he could fix this too, but I know he can't, and I know he's upset, and that hurts just as badly. I don't really do wishes, but I wish those results were back so we knew what my bro has to fight, and I really, really wish it would all just somehow be ok :'(

Advertisement