Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Stop wrecking my head! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why did you think I needed to know? I wish... I wish you hadn't told me... I wish you'd have thought about how it would make me feel to know... but most of all I wish to God you hadn't felt so low. I may not feel what I used to but I would never ever want you to feel so low and I would never want you to come to any harm. I'm lying here awake. It's almost 2am and I am crying for you. I don't love you but I still care. Did you know I would blame myself? Or were you not thinking? I am blaming myself even though I know I shouldn't. I'm going crazy, I can't talk to anyone about this. I thought we could be friends in time but I have to stay away, you need help but I can't be the one to help you. You know deep down I was right when we were together. Please take the next step. Help yourself. Please.

I need someone. This is too big for me alone. Someone help me, I'm drowning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I've a heartful of things I wish you knew. Slowly does it, it's a gradual process. And one day, one day it will all make sense, just as the two of us do.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Dreading today and dreading next weekend... Please tell me it won't always be this difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Dear John Inverdale of the BBC,

Please fack off. Marion Bartoli's appearance has literally nothing - NOTHING - to do with her athletic ability. Pig.

Will Murray and Djokovic be subjected to the same scrutiny today?!

I'm so raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sometimes you're really not there for me when I need you the most. I'm just about treading water right now, but I'm afraid that I can't keep it up much longer. Would you even notice if I started to drown?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

I wish I didn't need you any more, I know it's wrong and it won't go anywhere, but you came into my life when it was going out of control and made me forget how bad it was. Now everything is good but your not there. I want to share the good times with you too but it's never going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Love,

I've nothing to say to you.
    You've made a fool of me, again.
    So I just...can't.
    I'm closing the door now.

TT

Dear ex,

I wish you could see me now. See how sad and desperate and pathetic I am right now.
    You have absolutely EVERYTHING in life I could hope for; family, friends, employment, support network, first class degree, PhD opportunities......I've no doubt that you worked hard so I shoudln't begrudge you all this. But I do; because these are the opportunities that should have been in MY life! Unlike you, I've never knowingly hurt or betrayed anyone. Unlike you I've never knowingly bullied people and cut them to shreds.....you have done all of this, and yet you are the one with the perfect life while I am the suicidal mess? How on earth could that ever be considered fair?

I don't know what to do anymore, COH. As much as I hate you, I'd take advice from anyone right now, especially since you seem to have discovered what it takes to live happily.

Yours, without the hatred I normally pretend to exhibit towards you,

BC (aka someone you used to love once upon a time, and who is increasingly beginning to lose all hope for the future.... :(:( )

K

What a horrible person you turned out to be. Having anxiety issues is not an excuse to treat people like crap and run away from the consequences of your actions. You are one of the most self absorbed, selfish people I have ever met. You view the world entirely from your own perspective and how things effect you, you don't have a shred of empathy for others. You're a spineless coward and she's welcome to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

On those days when your heart drops through a hole in the floor & your head is swimming with all the ways in which you are useless, worthless & have let people down just remember it's all chemical. Tomorrow it'll be gone & the sunshine will be warm instead of glaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

G

I am happier now than I could ever be. There were time you made me miserable, times you made me happy but that's all over with now. If I didn't have the rollercoaster with you I might not have appreciated what I have now. So even though things were bad between us - you have helped me be happy. I don't really want you in my life but I do wish you the best in whatever you do. You're not a bad person, I hope you can manage to get yourself together and find happiness like I have. Everyone deserves to be happy.

J

You beautiful amazing talented (hot hot hot HOT!!) man. You make me feel amazing about myself. I really hope that lasts. You are everything I ever wanted and the more we get to know each other the more we have in common. I love how you stretch your arm around my back and pull me in close. There is no guess work with you - you're open & honest and I can't get enough of you!!

L

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

B,
    Will it ever get easier? I was doing so well for months. Please stop blowing hot and cold with me, I dont have it in me to say dont contact me, I hope you just decide to stop someday and Ill cope with it. I never initiate the contact, you do. You were so stand off ish the last time I left, and then sent a sweet text 5 mins later. Stop messing with my head, you did it for long enough. Its not going to work ever for us and that makes me sad, but I know some day it will all make sense to me. Im not getting younger and you have already taken up so much of my life. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

You annoy me. Why did I even let you come on Tuesday :( ugh :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How can you try play happy families when you're the one who broke it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coldorator

K

How have you managed to turn out like this. Our parents have all but given up the shirts off their backs for you and this is how you treat them. You have wasted the last ten years of your life. You have no value on anything in life. When you have money you spend it immediately on completely idiotic things. You have wasted how many years in college flitting from degree to degree while mum and dad pay for everything including your car. I save and scrimp just to be able to put myself through college without asking them for a cent. You just smoke and drink their money away and then come knocking on my door for a loan. Never again. I made the heart wrenching decision this morning never to speak to you until you cop on. A decision that Has made me sick with guilt all day just knowing how disappointed our parents are in me for doing this. I have tried so many times to talk sense into you but all you do curse me out of it and go silent for days. You talk to no one .

I'm sick and tired of our parents coming crying to me about you. I have enough problems of my own with out having to worry about you on top. And now because of one little mistake i am panicing that i am following in your aimless footsteps.Your supposed to be my big brother. You used always look out for me and help me. I can barely remember the last time you were like that. I want that person back. The person who was my idol.

Please come to your senses soon. I need you back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I feel so alone. Coming home for a holiday is supposed to be full of nights out and meeting up with friends but yet I'm sitting in, for the second Saturday night in a row because I have no friends. I hate my life right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear god,

Please let my dad find someone :( please

X

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

Dear girlfriend,

I wish you existed.

rugrats
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#foreveralone

:(

I'm the one called a "miserable c**t" and you aren't talking to me? Really mature. Don't know what happened today but don't f**king take it out on me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Jesus, publicly dumping me... How cruel. My heart is cracked in two.... You're already sniffing around other women . Please god hell me get through and over this. And the debt you've left me. €3000 in the hole. I thought it was safe enough to lend you money after 2 years together. I was wrong and now I have to sit in and put all my wages into these debts. How do I get over you when I won't be able to have a life. Thank god I have my family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I admit it, I miss you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I was thinking about what you were saying... What gives you the right to decide a system just because you think that it's wrong. When did you get to decide who's "entitled" to a place? Because under your rules I wouldn't be and I think that I have damn well earned my place thank you very much. And a system rewarding those who work does not diminish anyone or those doing the awarding. I think it raises a level.

You are just a snob and I hate having to deal with you and your pathetic "posse". Cheers for ruining my day and my emotions yet again you bitch. I deserve better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear YOU (Yes you!)

Screw you! :D

You thought of me nothing but a pathetic little girl and now look at me! What I have accomplished in a year would drive you insane. You are happy with me just being a little small town girl too attached to do anything but my god you are soooo wrong.

You think you're better than me because you have a couple of extra years.. well get over yourself because you are not the only one that can be successful and do amazing things. I guess the difference is I did it without needing to sacrifice people in my life.

I've never felt so inspired, motivated and generally happy with how things are playing out. I'll be honest I might have gave up a few times but I'm glad I pulled myself through.

You will never break me so I don't see why you even try! Your lack of faith in me has only gave me the drive to go on even more. So I soppose in a way I should thank you :rolleyes:

Signed A very happy chicky :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I always come back to the same position, the same decision, and you've been right all along. On some level I suppose I always knew you were, but now I know for sure.

Nothing is going to stand in my way now. Not time, not money, and certainly not some vague guilt about what I 'should' or 'shouldn't' be doing. This feels right. This will work, even if it takes forever.

The only thing is that I'm fairly sure it's the right thing for you, too, but you're stopping yourself from seeing that because you're so blinded by what is expected of you. It's not your job to live for anyone else and maybe if you saw that, everything would be more clear. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not my job to 'fix' you or make your decisions or whatever, but I'll always be there for you and I'll always help you if you need me. If you just let things be simple, you'd be so much happier and I can't help but think that I would be too. I'd never ever hurt you.

I do know you'll get there in the end though. You're brave, and strong, and before long we'll both have it all figured out :)

You look like a really nice guy but I was wrong in the past and I'm scared to talk to you even though I really want to. I think you might be interested in me too and that never happens to me. :) x

You,

Stop overthinking things!

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

to you the make up artist in urban decay dundrum.
    thank you for the chat and thank you for the amazing smile, you made my evening;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

Dear life

you have a funny way of working out. it took me over me longer then i ever thought to get over that special someone i had in my life. now she is gone and gone for good. good friends ive made new one to replace to the one who couldnt have given a F about me when i was at my lowiest. little did they know how close it came to giving up. after a all that time of using sex drugs and booze to hide from my feelings ive realised they were only making it worse. i feel like i can finally commit to a person and not get distracted like i used to. thank you for showing me what real love was miss X.

dear job
    im so disappoint by you and ive tried to change this but it never seems to work.

dear best mate
    Mr P i dont think i could ever have imagined in meeting u high, drug and hungry but look how that turned out hahaha. i cant belive your going to be a dad fair play to your wonderful self. im so proud to have seen u grow from that stoner i met 10 years ago. high five dude

dear family

i love u all but when i come down to needing a hug your useless but i know you want to,

dear now feamles on the scene
    i really need to just be mate with you. you all ask so much and i ask for so little why cant u all just be more emotionally stable. i need to stop thinking with my penis and letting ye use sex as a tool of distraction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Dear Dad,

Over the years we've stood by you. We've tried to understand what's going on in that head of yours. Hell I wanted to help you so much. All those days that you made us feel like we were nothing. You got into these "moods" and suddenly you wouldn't be the caring father but the sulking three year old with the persecution complex. You made us feel so small, so ashamed and so worried. As all of us grew older we realised we weren't the problem...you were.

It wasn't until I moved away that I started to see the severity of these problems. You would blow the lid if someone didn't do what you wanted them to do. You always had to have everything your way. And if something went wrong and it had nothing to do with you really you would then try and find a way to make it your problem, you had to be the victim. We were told before you had depression. You were on a course of medication but apparently they didn't agree with you.

Mam want's you to go get counselling but you refuse. You claim to be alright but you threaten to harm yourself if things don't go your way or something terrible happens. Any shred of that marriage that's left is just being torn up and spat back out. You're ignorant of others feelings but your own. You don't seem to care what happens. And then you wonder why your sons stopped giving a **** about you, why your devoted wife isn't speaking to you any more and why I am so angry with you.

I love you dad but you seriously need to cop the **** onto yourself. The world doesn't revolve around you. You don't need to be so bloody aggressive and you don't need to be so damn well blunt! Don't play the idiot and say everything is fine when it clearly isn't. Go get the help you need. Because I know I am the last one left that actually still gives a **** about you and even I am starting to get tired :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Holy sh*t, that was a close one... You're a lovely guy and everything, but after seeing each other for only a few weeks I most certainly did not want to get into that situation... I think we'll be better off as friends (and good friends too, we really get on so well...), after that little scare I know I'm not ready for anything serious, or to deal with the consequences...

Thank you though, I was feeling so low after my last relationship and you made me feel sexy and smart and everything I just wasn't feeling at the time. Plus you are so goddamn hot, the attention from someone like you felt so awesome! :)

I really do hope we can be friends and hang out again soon, although I think it'll take a little self restraint on both our parts... ;)

To my Ex:
    I never thought I'd be so ok with not speaking to you, but do you know what? Cutting off contact with you was the best thing I could have done...I really wish I did it four months ago...

To the midges in my garden:
    I feel this relationship is totally one sided, you all clearly like me a lot more than I like you... In fact I don't like you at all. You've made my arms look something out of a sci-fi B-movie, it really doesn't work for me. This has to stop.
    P.S. The torches in the garden were not intended to create some exotic mood lighting, they're supposed to repel you. Please take the hint.

Advertisement