Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

church - thanks for the all the hangups and none of the help :/

life - you got 4 days left to turn this thing around, could use some good luck any time now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Ex boyfriend- you really and truly are the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Thats saying a lot considering I almost died in a car crash, have been through serious illness with both of my parents, through the wringer at work..........I'd do all of that again rather than ever have spent one single minute with you.
    We broke up, ultimately you forced me to because you were too chicken to do the nasty deed yourself - you always were a coward, but it was ok as breakups go.
    Now I'm happy and married to a wonderful, fantastic, gorgeous, sexy (IMHO anyway) and my life is good. I'm with someone who loves me, appreciates me, wants to be with me, enjoys being with me. You didn't. You could have but you didn't.
    And yet you're not ok with this. You have a girlfriend and its ok for you to be happy with someone but not for me. Thats more than a little childish. Your current behaviour and dragging lawyers into this many many years after we've broken up is pathetic beyond belief. Actually thats because you are pathetic. You're a weak, sad, pathetic, bottom feeder who is and always will be one of life's loosers.
    My time with you I now see as a big black hole in my life and I'm ashamed that I ever gave you the time of day.
    Karma will be a massive bitch for you and I can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear D

I cannot stop thinking about you. You are the sweetest man and I agree, I wish we had met years ago. You are married, staying for your children and said you could not cheat on your wife even though there has not been love there for many years. You are a real gem of a man and I applaud you for your stance, even though I wish things were different.

You told me the most beautiful things - that I was the whole package - intelligent, attractive, funny and charismatic. That if you were single you would fight your way (not physically ;) ) to win my affections. You wouldn't have to.

Your wife is a lucky woman, I envy her even though I have no right.

We did share that one kiss. It was absolutely amazing when you said you had never been kissed likethat before, but seeing the panic on your face afterwards, I knew that was it for us. The guilt was not going to leave you.

I didn't ask for your new number when you lost your phone because I couldn't. It would not have been fair on anyone.

I no longer see you, but I think of you daily and am so glad I met you.

I know what I want from a relationship now. The bar has been raised.

I miss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Dear P.,
    Good girls don't plot their revenge. They sit down and wait for karma to do the job.
    Good luck ;)

Ha:)

Dear Mother Nature,
    Thanks for not getting me this one time I was silly. I promise to respect you and not to mess with you anymore:)

Dear Daddy - I wish you could have been one to me.
    I never thought it bothered me. I never thought it affected me. But look at me now. It all came crashing down. I don't love you, but growing up without either of you has given me both strength and weakness that put me forever on a balancing scale; the strength of knowing how much pain I can take and the weakness of realising how much it's affected me as an adult.

Dear You
    You'll never stop playing the game. Thing is, I was never in it in the first place...so you were always flying solo. As you are now.

My bro and sis,
    I know you both feel lost right now, it's part of growing up. I know it sucks, I know you deserve to have parents who love you and care about you and do all of the things that normal parents do...I know. But I love you enough for both of them and I always will. I'm so proud of you and the young adults you've become and I feel so honoured to have been a part of that. I'll always be here for you, I'd do anything for you, and I love you more than anything in this world. I promise you will always have me, because I know what it's like to feel that you don't have anyone.

Dear T
    Thank you, for keeping me here.

• Advertisement

The dreaded anniversary tomorrow :( N I miss you more than ever and I hope you will help me though all these hospital tests coming up :( I just feel too young to be going through all this crap :( 23 having my first biopsy and now 27 having all these scary tests which I am not prepared for...

I was chuffed today when D asked me to be Godmammy to her little baba, little shocked and guilty too, I haven't seen her in 5 years and yet she still asked me.. I'm so afraid to face her :( please help me N :( I just have to do it, I know when I see her it will be like nothing ever happened :) but it's just hard to bite the bullet and "woman up" :D

I'm sure it would have been you as Godmammy but I feel lucky she still wants to see me even after I stopped trying to be in her life. It was hard but I finally feel ready to put this past behind me and look forward to the future.

I miss you so much it hurts still to this day :( please stay by my side and don't leave me on my own....love you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

D,
    Im really excited bout our first lil trip/holiday together. I cant wait til the end of august. Also, as nervous as I am, im really happy that you want me to meet your daughter-really means alot. Im just gonna assume she is as crazy as you. Hope this weekend goes well for all 3 of us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear friends,

The bad thing about you is that you never actually recognise when I really need you.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear universe or God or whoever..

I'd really appreciate it if I could run into him again. He looks friendly. And he's very attractive.

Me x

I'm so tired right now. So tired, so worried, so unsure of the future...Will my bro's chemo work or is it too late already....? Will this op I'm about to get finally leave me pain free?

If it wasn't for my family and friends, I think I'd have spent today in bed crying and feeling sorry for myself, and my brother, and just generally miserable.
    But today (and all week) there's been phonecalls offering help, offering to drive cross-country just to keep me company, people texting wishing me luck, funny emails, and right now, even though I'm so tired, and so emotional, the most overwhelming feelings are of love and luck.

How lucky I am to have the colleagues, friends and family I have-from my boss, who sat with me for ten mins yesterday evening before I finished up and spoke the most comforting words, to my "gentleman friend" who stayed for ages last night & today and was full of lingering hugs before he left, my amazing family who emanate love in their every action, verbal and non-verbal, and my friends, my awesome lovely friends who bring comfort just by being in touch so often.
    Thank you, you really don't know how much this all means to me. I can't wait for this to all be over, for the good times to be back again, and to be able to smile from my soul again...Love you all loads, XxX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

So happy and very very relieved that today went well.. Hopefully it just gets better from here on out!

D,
    Thank you x

S x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

S,

You are AWESOME! Hope things keep going this well.

ALL the kisses :-D

K x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hey BC

Lucky Lewis won today:)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear brain

You are so dumb. You are really dumb. Fo' real. Like, seriously? SERIOUSLY? WHY?

Sincerely,
    Self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I don't want to be crazy shouty andy-caps-wife style girlfriend in front of your friend I met for the first time this evening but that poxy Argentinian guitar music is LOUD & I have to get up for work in a tiny handful of hours. Turn it effing down before I fall down the stairs shouting and make everyone uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear B

Well I got the answer I wanted. Time to let go now. I can't live like this anymore.

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Dear M.

You created this situation yourself by letting me down so many times. I am finished being your agony aunt, please let me get on with my life and take care of my family without trying to drag me into your sympathy parade.

I'm done with you. Get the message please. It's too late, you can't do what you did to me and try and crawl your way back in. Leave me alone.

Also, it's not very polite to keep pestering a heavily pregnant woman. I really couldn't give a damn if your hip hurts. Try carrying two very active babies and get back to me.

Sincerely, Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

ARGH!

You are driving me crazy. Is this all in my head or is there something more to this friendship. I know it cant be just me, that energy when we are together, that chemistry, the butterflies, the laughing. I haven't felt like this in years. I feel like a crazy school girl again. Every time I see you my stomach does a somersault.

You call over unannounced late at night, the midnight drives around the city and the crazy speeds we do on the Autobahn. The after work dinners that end up just being you and me because you "forgot" to invite our friends, the emails, text messages, wasting your saturdays helping me move, drilling holes, fixing my washing machine, the list is endless.

Other people have started to notice. I try not to think about you but its hard.

I know its complicated and not up to me to make the first move. Please just do something before I go insane.

Dear A and Z

It is my birthday this week. I know I will be lucky to get a text message from either of you.

To A
    After all the times I was a good friend to you in the past it is sad that you have such little regard for me. You have the good job, the husband and family that you always wanted but you lost the decency you had when I first meet you.
    Some day you might contact me and find that I will not drop everything like I did in the past when you need a friend.

To Z
    After getting one text message from you since last Christmas I am not expecting much from you. I was there for any night you wanted to go out for years. I listened to you complain about work ect.
    You have a good job and plenty of savings which is far more than I have.
    Do you know how much I would had liked to have a night out to look forward to in the past few months?
    Do you know that I am still on the dole and am sick applying for jobs which I never here back from.
    No why would you know this as you make no effort in regards to our so called friendship.

Well to A and Z a day will come when you need a friend and when this happens please do not contact me then as I will be to busy to listen to you or to come running like I did in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Dear Young Man,

Thanks for making me feel a little less crappy about myself than I have been feeling lately. You came along at a good time.

Thanks for the distraction and the giggles.

Oh and Bruce Springsteen- you said last night at the show to "take care of yourselves"- well I'm going to start trying. I spent long enough taking care of someone who didn't want it.

I'm taking care of me now.

• Advertisement

Dear C,

Neither of us had any idea just how fúcked up I am. I'm only beginning to realise it fully for myself now. I seriously need help; I've had meds, counselling, psychiatric assessment and am about to undergo CBT. But I'm scared it still won't be enough.

What you did to me is something I'll never forgive or forget. But at least I hope you can appreciate why nearly three years later I ruminate on it still. It's all part of some deep rooted problem whose surface I can't even begin to scratch. There's something seriously wrong with me; I swear I'm doing my best to fix it but nothing I try works. :( And I've still yet to meet anyone I can confide in as much as I was once able to confide in you. As much as I hate you, and resent how wonderful your life has turned out since we last spoke, deep down I wish I had you around again just to be there and listen. Like you used to do before you decided I wasn't worth your time.

I need someone like you in my life again. Some verson of you that won't run away. But I don't think that person exists. And that's why I'm so terrified about the future that I can't see any hope for me anywhere.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

MrF - You are one of the few people in whose eyes I can look... and feel like I've been seen... I know I will find a genuinely good human being peering back at me... It's a rare gift you've given me these past few months. Thanks for understanding things I couldn't voice. And for your help tonight, well - I meant what I said :) ....so, thank you for genuinely including me in your circle of fellowship and not judging me as some of your colleagues have. L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Stop being so disagreeable. I thought all this had stopped but I was clearly wrong. Sometimes it's ridiculously hard to make you happy and to make you see logic.

Oh you want me to go for a walk now? See, I know if I go for a walk now that I am going to get wet because it's raining. And I know when I get back there will be a big fuss made by you about drying my clothes and you're going to give out to me. Guess what? I can't control the weather so I'm going to go when I feel like it and when it's not raining so heavily.

I should have learned to drive last year should I? I had my licence. Do you recall the number if times I asked you to bring me out and I got the excuse "Oh we aren't prepared today."? Trust me, it was so many times that I stopped asking. What in the name of Jesus is that supposed to mean?

You're coming with me now and I get that you're not used to being the one in the passenger seat. But you're making me panic everytime I get into the car. When I said it to you to try calm down a teeny bit you made me feel bad like I was under a compliment to you. I'm grateful, I really am but I don't think it's helping me. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because there's nobody else to come with me. Maybe saving for lessons is the best way to go.

You're unbearable to be around sometimes and I hate that I'm saying that about my own mother. I'm 24 and through no fault of my own I have no job. I am trying. I've come so far since January, I've completed a course and I've lost 3 stone. It's been hard work if you haven't noticed. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells the majority of the time. I thought it was just him and that things would change now that he's gone. What's wrong? I'm doing my best, we all are. Sometimes I can't wait to get out of this house and I'm really sad that I feel that way.

I should be able to say all this to you but the reality is that I wouldn't dream of it. It really would not be worth the reaction I'd be sure to get. I'm jealous when people say they could tell their mam anything because I can't do that. There are things I've kept bottled up because I know how you'd react. I've had to deal with my break-up almost completely on my own just because you never liked him. I've cried so many times and put on a brave face just because I'm "better off". That may be true but that doesn't mean that I haven't been hurting. I have and I've made sure nobody noticed. It's easier that way. I'm stronger than I thought but it'd be nice to feel like other people do.

At the moment I'm upstairs and I can still feel the tension because nobody knows what to say or do. I get that you're probably sick having me here. I thought I'd be gone too but under the circumstances it hasn't been possible. I pay my keep, I even offer more. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I can't fix it if I don't know.I really thought things were getting better but the last couple of weeks I can feel the tension building. Sooner or later someone is going to explode. It's like a ticking timebomb. The outcome is up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Dear Working Life,

Pllleaaase give me another chance. I really want to prove myself, that I can do it. To both me and my family, cuz none of us particularly has much faith in me right now. My bf does though, and I want to prove him right too. :P

Please please please let this work out for me. I'm sooooo close.

Thanks,

April

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

I'm sorry for all the times I didn't visit, didn't call even when you were sick. I'm sorry for not realising the sacrifices you made to give me opportunities in life and for acting like a spoilt brat. I'm sorry for not making more of an effort to get along with my sister because I know you would have liked to witness that. I'm glad I got the chance to say the things I did in the end but it wasn't enough to make up for all the missed opportunities. I'm sorry I didn't pretend to share your religious beliefs just to comfort you in the end. I wish you could see me do better.

I miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

American guy,

Ah ****.

I want to skinny dip with you and wear the face off you in the middle of Miami Beach again.
    I want to play drunken foosball with you in that smoky bar and pull you over to the pool tables for a kiss again.
    I want to stare at the Miami skyline and watch the crazy lightning from the ocean with you wrapped around me again.

Ah **** **** ****.

I want to see you again.

Drunk Irish girl

I miss the way I felt around you, but not the way you made me feel without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I thought about you recently for the first time in... I don't even know how long. I thought I was missing you, but it turns out I just miss the feeling I had when we were together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Head, they are not threats, they're opportunities! If you sit at the back of your cave your whole life afraid there's bears hanging around outside ready to eat your face you're going to miss out on everything. It's nice out there! Bears are better craic than the gossip about them suggests. Get a wiggle on...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

You gave me hope - thank you.

Advertisement