Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear Me,

Tomorrow is the start of something new so lets embrace it and give it everything. The results will be totally worth it so lets do this. Its gonna be the new you we agreed on when you started your new life last november! Only good things have happened since then and you've changed so much so far for the better so lets keep it up.

Me x

D,
    I could do with one of your awesome big ass hugs right bout now, so get your ass down here please.

S x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To the Gods of Job Opportunities: I WANT this job! It's where I've wanted to work all year - please give me another chance ! ! !

TommieBoy wrote: »
    To the Gods of Job Opportunities: I WANT this job! It's where I've wanted to work all year - please give me another chance ! ! !

Self - Wanna tell me what's reeeeally going on here? You pull over three lanes of busy traffic just to see if the guy you DON'T like called? Then when the guy you DO like calls, you are disappointed? Hmmmph - you better figure out your own mind before this goes any further! Where has Ms. Limits gone? Call her back in until you get your act together, stupid girl!

Good luck hun. Hope you get it :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Z

Thank you for sending me a text the day after my birthday - the 2nd one since Christmas.

After all the times I was there for you in the past you think you can treat me this way well you can't. It is only a matter of time before I arrange to met up with you and I am going to tell you a few home truths then.

I saw a job in //// which I applied for. I have decided that if I get it I am moving into ////.
    It is time for me to get involved with a few new groups and make some new friends.
    At least I am willing to move my life on when you sit at home feeling sorry for yourself as you are not married.

Some day you may realise that I am no longer there for you but at that stage it will be to little and to late to make the effort to save our friendship.

dear P

I sent you a job application - I have the skills and experience that you want and need.
    Please give me an interview for this job.
    I have been out of work for a long time.
    If you give me this job I will do any jobs you ask, will work late or early.
    This job will help me move to a new area, meet new people and make new friends along with a salary that will help fund this.

To the dole office
    After x number of years coming into sign here I just want to tell you I got a job.
    I no longer have to stand in q for ages so I can get €188 pw.
    I love the ability I have gained to make €188 pw pay the bills so having a proper wage will enable me to have buy nice things and afford a holiday.

• Advertisement

I didnt deserve this. Not one bit. All I have ever been to you over the past 8 years is loving, and kind and go out of my way to make you happy. You treated me like trash, and yes while I respect you for telling me, you cannot just expect things to fall back into routine. I do everything for you and you cannot even tell me once in 6 weeks that you love me or maybe that you like that dress on me, but you can pick on the way I eat, the way my eyeliner is, the way I drink, how other girls look. I cant sleep thinking that youre texting her, or secretly messaging her and I want to trust you again but Ive been betrayed so much. I would enerv ever do that to you. I freak out if I so much as dance too close to a guy if Im out with the girls. I know you do love me, and you know I love you and unless you are willing to make big big changes...
    What hurts too is that she seems to be like me, likes the same stuff, heck, even tweeted the same crap at the weekend.I know Im not doing myself any favours looking online. But still, I cant help it. She cannot give you what we've had, and, yes maybe we've had our ups and downs but we've not even tried fixing them, juts left them to rot like moldy fruit.
    I give you everything, and you need to give me everything if you want me to come back.

Dear L,

Well you really out did yourself. Can't believe how blind I was to your web of deceit. You actually scare me how you can compartmentalise your life to that degree. Pretending you forgot it was Valentine's Day while you were out with your girlfriend!! It's almost funny! Remember Karma is a bitch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

To me,

remember how great last weekend was. How wonderful your family were, how much fun and laughter, sunshine and food. How kind everyone was to N and how happy he was to have braved it out and found it was all fine. How happy you felt. Remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I'd prefer to be with you.

Dear Landlord.

I'm a working professional in my late 20s. I gave you landlord and work references.
    Asking for my parents contact details is just not cool. Talk about condescending! Especially considering I haven't spoken to them in years. Also, imposing a curfew kind of defeats the purpose of having my own place; if I want to come in at 1am then I don't see how that's an issue.

I'll be taking the lovely apt with the lovely landlord I met last weekend instead, but good luck with finding a human doormat to rent your place...

Also, you might tell your son to reel in the sleaze when he's showing the apartment. I always do appreciate it when people talk to my face rather than my boobs.

• Advertisement

You :D thanks for standing me up last night - I didnae want to go anyway. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I thought you were my friend! Turns out I was so wrong!!

I won't make that same mistake with you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

I'm so happy you've stopped texting me and stringing me along like you were. Hope the next fella realises quicker than I did how much you like playing games.

Dear me:

you should not really be upset.
    dizzy, fainting, cramps should have told you but i thought it was going other way not this.
    my own fault.. 2 negative tests and a period in june, i presumed i was ok. but then college finally finished and went mad for 2 weeks.. what did u expect..
    oh well,.. it wasnt gonna be ideal anyway.. he wouldnt have been happy.. job wise would have been disaster.

Dear M...
    Remember that night in june... oh yeh , guess what came from that!!
    its ok you dont have to worry about it. que sera sera and all that.
    the fact that u ignored me last week and then again last night really pissed me off..
    i know you're not bad really but the whole pretending you dont see me thing is starting to annoy me.. maybe i'll just tell D and see what happens!!

anyway,, would be good if we could become friends again, where as when you see me, you actually say hello and smile rather than grunt at me.

Dear Mm...
    you cant just contact me when youre home.. what about me! you think i'd drink 70 miles round trip for coffee..?? yes before i'd have jumped at chance but you can make an effort i give up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Dear self,

Remember this summer, and especially last night. Remember that you are a kind, funny, considerate person that people like being around. Remember that you have friends and family who love you dearly. Remember all the people who care about you, even if they're not that close to you.

Remember how much you enjoy meeting new people and experiencing new things. Remember what it feels like to have fun. Remember what it's like to get drunk with your best friends and dance and sing your heart out in your favourite dingy 'club'. Remember road-trips and days by the sea. Remember what it's like to run into old acquaintances and be pleasantly surprised when they remember you.

Remember that it's not a crime to care about people who don't care about you, but you'll never be happy if you don't learn to let them go. Remember how generous and kind people you barely know can be. Remember that you are a good person and your friends know this. Remember what it's like to be lucky enough to have a friend you can tell anything to without being judged. Remember the people who reach out to you and want to be around you.

The next time you feel utterly worthless and that no one would care if you weren't around anymore, remember all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Come back, I still need you.

To R the loml - I will always love you... We made promises to each other a long time ago, and even though circumstances have changed, we never did... If I could go back and fix my errors, I surely would. I'm sorry for making you feel less than loved... I hope life is turning out well for you. I will try and take your example and settle into a different life, apart from us... Somehow it feels like a less ideal life, but after they year I've been through, less ideal sounds wonderful! I try not to think of you anymore... Just once in awhile I remember. The more men I meet irl, the less I like your gender :mad: and the more I appreciate your goodness. Thanks for being you and honouring our pact... I was a fool - miss you something fierce tonight love. If only, from your first loveL

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

I was so upset to meet my friend over the weekend and hear she is buying a house and going back to work part time. She has always fallen into the dreams I have had.

Even in college, she got the fyp I wanted. Now she has the life I want. Married, house and kids - able to work part time because her husband works in a good full time.

I want to feel like I am making the right decision for me. I feel like i didnt make this decision. It was forced on me.

I had to go back to work to pay our rent. I dont know what life is trying to teach me and I dont know why life isnt teaching you the same lesson. How is it you dont feel the need to work the same way I do.

All my friends have said that they would work part time when they have kids. Do they think I chose to go back to work full-time? Are they nuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

I rarely open up and express how I really feel (and even this doesn't really count :P) but you're the best person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I can't believe how selfless you can be when I really need you. I can't believe how you were there when my mam passed even though we weren't long together. I know you only met her twice, but she would have really loved you.

I don't know how I got lucky enough to actually have a boyfriend like you, but please, don't ever change.

To certain family member,

You're back stabbing, manipulative and downright hurtful. You told me that you had more of a right to be sad about my mother's death than I did... well, you're the one who walked out on her. So stop feeding me lies and trying to make me see things how you see them - I'm older now, I'm not going to fall into your traps.

A huge thank you to the paramedic and ambulance crew who arrived within 5 minutes of firstly a 999 call when my sister collapsed in the bathroom last night. The support provided over the phone, their prompt arrival and kind and professional expertise. Happily she has now recovered and the family are extremely grateful. I don't know their names but I cannot thank them or the service enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

I hope you will understand when you are older that I have to leave you every morning to better our present and our future. I am so sorry and so sad that I can't be with you all day. I am sorry that you don't get the same level of attention from others that I give you when I am there. I would love to spend all day playing with you. I would never get distracted, not for a minute. I miss you x

You were gentle. You were understanding. You were clever. You were different. The lights in your eyes were dazzling. Why do I have to be such a coward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear B,

You liked the idea of me, but you treated me like ****, what hurts most is that I let you treat me like that. You need help, you go on the beer way too much. Seeing you the other day in bed, in all your clothes, even shoes, pissed at 5pm after being in the pub, that was pity I felt, not like. Everything became clear to me, I never had a chance up against alcohol. I've been there before, sorry I can't go through misery like that again. You have to help yourself. I was done with you weeks ago, I guess I was curious to see why you were so strange, I saw it the other day and it was pathetic.

From me.

Dear me,

Cop on to yourself. Do not accept bull**** from anybody! You deserve better than that.

Love from me xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Dear M,

I wish I knew what to say or there was something I could do to make you feel better. I know you're unhappy, and you've had a difficult few years as it is. I wish you could see yourself as I see you, and understand that it's not that I even envy you, I couldn't even imagine being as warm, funny, life and soul of everything as you. Your brilliance humbles me. I am so glad we are not just related, but also friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acting ignorant and dim doesn't make you funny, it just makes you incredibly irritating.

Dear Me,

Stop overthinking it all and just enjoy it. What happens happens! Simple!!

Me

God - I wish I could see a future for myself. I don't fit in anywhere anymore. I just wanna go back to the ways things were last summer. But I know it can't be. Help me stop wishing it was. Help me forge some kind of path to life...a real life... I'm sooo stuck between the mirky past and often unbearable present that I can't see a way out to a bright future. Let there be one even though I can't imagine it... please? Your lost one, K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Nope. Nuh huh. Not happening. Funnily enough I too dislike going out in the rain & I too dislike that particular errand but I've done it for the past 2 weeks and it's your turn. Let's see who blinks first.

I love you and want to have your baby so badly. I know you're afraid, but the truth is we'll never truly feel ready. We've got this big house and no-one to fill it. At our age 'someday' just isn't enough... my ovaries won't wait forever! You'll make such a loving, caring dad. Now hurry up and put a baby in me already :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

A little consideration, that's all I ask, but no, as usual there isn't any.

Advertisement