Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Dear Mark,

Go. F*ck. Yourself. Think you can just make it all ok and paint me as the bat**** crazy one in this? Bugger off back to the sitting room you've spent the last 15 years in, loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Is this it? Why can't I shake this feeling that I'm going to be stuck alone for good? I'm not that bad of a person and someone fell in love with me once, surely it's possible that it could happen again. I really want it to. I'm no angel but I didn't deserve the treatment I got. I did my best to be a good, supportive and loving girlfriend. Why wasn't it enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

It's so fcuking typical that you'd be the first person I 'd see walking down those stairs thinking about how you were the last person I wanted to see tonight.

It's so fcuking typical that we'd both be stuck with no choice but to acknowledge one another, hug awkwardly, fake delight at seeing one another because "it's been ages!", fake-chat about " how things have been", as if either of us could give a sh1t about anything at that moment other than getting as far away from each other as possible, and fast.

It's so fcuking typical that I 'd tell you I'm leaving in the secret hope of illiciting a reaction, even though you're so far gone in your new relationship that I barely register on your radar at this point.

It's so typical that I'd spend the rest of the night thinking about that, while you spend the night texting your lady until she finally arrives and you can spend the night absorbed in one another.

It's so typical that I would spend the night desperately seeking distraction, drinking, smoking, half-heartedly chatting to all those poor fcukers who have taken it upon themselves to chat me up, while glancing over my shoulder watching you attend to her with a love and intimacy that I never knew when I was with you.

It's so typical that she would ignore me all night.

It's so typical that O would email me today out of the blue, establishing contact for the first time in months, thinking of me as always at a time when I was sure that we had both forgotten what we once had.

It's so typical that I've spent the night thinking of you, the man who never really wanted me, the man who is in love with another woman, the man who treated me appallingly, instead of the man who actually gave a sh1t about me, and once again today, went to lengths to show it.

It's so typical that I'd realize you're not a bad guy, you probably felt some guilt, you bothered to acknowledge me if for no other reason that you were cornered, but you just never really felt for me what I felt for you. It's so typical that that would spin through my mind all night, a fresh pain not unlike the one I felt six months ago when you so disrespectfully walked away from me.

It's so typical that I'm over thinking it all at 5.30am when I should be sleeping, taking care of Number One like I said I would when you broke my heart six months ago.

It's so typical that you'd be the good guy who would not want me.

It's so typical that I'd use that fact as a reason to maintain this distance between myself and other possible men, rendering it impossible for anything with a penis to ever really connect with me again.

It's so typical that this would all hit home with me when I'm a bottle of wine in and looking better than I have in months, and yet you will never even notice or care.

I guess it's typical that this will be the last time I see you, and so this - you and your love, you with that love for someone that is not me, for whatever fcuking reason, will be my prevailing memory of you for the rest of my life.

This encounter, this awkwardness, this tenderness and protectiveness and love that you never showed me, so innate for you with this woman who I can barely look at without flinching, and who can apparently barely stand me.

I wish we never met; I wish I never met a single damn one of you. All the friends that led me to you; I'd eradicate them all from my life in a heartbeat if it meant I'd never have to feel this way again.

I forgive you and I respect who you are and how awkward everything must have been for you.

But I will never forget you. And that is my downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear,
    We've been friends for years now and this is something I've never noticed until recently. I was never a sensitive person and most slights pass over me unnoticed but it's took one serious case of pmt for me to realise how much you've been putting me down. I don't think you even realise you do it. Just a small comment here and there but they add up. I think, subconsciously, you just want to be the best and anyone who may hint at catching up, you put down. I've had my cry, thinking how useless I was at what I love most in the world... and then I thought about why that could possibly be even on my mind. It is only you who thinks so and your last two comments (unfortunately for you, have both been during cases of my more sensitive pmt so they were noticed) aren't even applicable.
    Yes, that pony is a hell of a lot better than when I first started riding it, no matter the "definition of better". No, the habit that pony has is not because of me. I've studied the habit in detail and what you've accused me of, and there's no possible way it's because of that! Maybe I won that prize today, because I deserved it. Not because, as you said, the standard has dropped. Yes, that advice I gave you... you'll need it. Don't roll your eyes and laugh at it. I've been through it, you haven't.
    As a friend, I love you to bits. Otherwise, we get along like a house on fire but I'm not sure if its taken me all these years for me to realise, or this has only recently started. Either way, don't expect me to put up with it. You only got away with the last few for fear of me bursting into tears on confronting you but next time, I'm not staying quiet. I used to be terrified of doing something wrong, it was a genuine phobia of mine which I overcame myself. You're not helping at keeping it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

I haven't been a Sunday night fear person for years. Since school days. I hate that this place has turned me into that person again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

K.
    i know i was out of order, i respect you, i hope i can make it up.
    i am sorry. but i do understand if you don't come back.
    :confused:

Dear K

After almost 29 years on this earth you are the only man I regret sleeping with.
    If I could take back that night I would in a heartbeat.

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

J, stop being an asshole. K, stop being a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

To self:

It will get better. One day at a time.. you can do it.

She never tells you what she’s really thinking. You think you know, but you don’t. You really, really don’t. She never tells you what she’s really feeling. You think you understand her, but you don’t. You can’t. You really, really can’t. And that’s not a reflection on you. It doesn’t make you a bad person; it doesn’t make you selfish or portray a lack of empathy; it doesn’t make you hateful or cruel and it doesn’t make you any less of a friend. It simply makes you lucky.

It makes you lucky that you haven’t seen what she’s seen. You haven’t felt what she’s felt. You haven’t lived through the moments during which she saw a part of her die. You weren’t there and you can’t be here now because of that. So now, it doesn’t make you cold hearted, it doesn’t make you any less of a person or any more of a person…it simply makes you lucky.

It makes you lucky that you’re not her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Dear me,
    why the f are u obsessed with someone who doesn't care about you.
    Someone who hits you and hurts you doesn't love you. Why is the biggest dilemma in your life about weather you will press charges on him or not????because pressing charges will mean he would hate you and you would never see him again and you wouldn't be able to call him silently begging him to tell you he was such an idiot.
    Stop blaming yourself for the crazy ways you acted while you were with him, you were made to feel like you weren't worth loving but told you were loved by him frequently enough not to let it go.
    Stop being in love with him, stop crying all the time, stop the self loathing and stop thinking about How he might feel if you do X or Y. Stop thinking he might come back to you in a few months.
    Stop being in love with him. Stop being in love with him. Stop being in love with him.
    Please start to not harbour any feelings towards him.
    When you are hating him you are still loving him.
    Please stop reminiscing. Please stop getting extremely anxious. Please stop thinking your life is over. Please stop hating everyone in the world apart from you and him.
    Please just stop over anylisng it. Please stop ,just stop , and try to take his word for it when he says he doesnt love you . We both know he says stuff before and never meant it, or blows hot and cold so frequently you don't know when to take him at his word.
    Maybe you will share what you had with him with someone else.
    Maybe you are the best he will get, maybe you're not. But you gave Oh so much of yourselfand what have you to show for it??
    please realise you have taken your last hit of the drug that is him and please please please start to heal before everything is lost. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

P

I think we should go for it. We don't have a long time left and I know I will regret not doing it in a few years. Just think of the hols we will have not hoping there are other kids around for m to play with. Us both having to work full time is a balls I know but we will work around it. I am willing to give up my body for 9 months and for 6 months afterwards do all of the running around. If only finances weren't a factor. F*k you recession.

So in the space of two weeks you've gone from saving for an engagement ring and planning to propose before the year is out to wanting couples counselling because you're not sure you're in love with me anymore?

Dear Job.

When you're bad, you're very bad.
    When you're good, you're AWESOME.

Thank you for showing me who I am.

I will miss you.

Bx

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I think I love you and that scares me more than anything.

Dear insomnia,

I was having the best time with sleep until that night you decided to come back into my life and seduce me again. You're back in my bed but i miss you sleep...sometimes i yawn and can almost feel you near again. Oh how I long for one more night together ... i would give anything for a snore.....a droopy eyelid even?
    Why do I let you in? Tomorrow I'm going to stay with my old friend Melatonin, I just need a break from you!
    From your ex

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Dear P,

This is the second time that you and my sister ruined my holiday because you overstepped your boundaries once again by meddling into other people's affair. I'm an adult and I will spend my money how I wish, thank you. It is beyond me why you, brother in law dear, had to send me an angry facebookmessage because...........I didn't bring my pets to you so you could look after them while I'm away which according to your message was" a deep insult and clearly I think so little of you and my sister that I would not let you look after them" I don't know what your issue is, but you need help. Especially since my sister told me that two cages would take up too much space and it would be better if I found another place to stay for them which I did. And to BIL that means that I have so much money to "waste" that he marched into my house while I'm away and took away the cage that I borrowed from him. Which is his right, it belongs to him, but now I have to spend the remainder of my holiday scrambling for an extra cage, otherwise one of my pets will not have a home upon return, which is exactly how I hoped to spend my much needed vacation after a year of struggling financially, mentally and physically. Thank you so much. I hope to never see you again after the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Dear you,

Its a year since we spoke, but my heart still broke knowing you were hurting today. I adore you as much as ever, even though we are both very different people now. I just hope you know you can call me for help anytime, because regardless of wrongs or rights, you'll always be remembered as someone who brought so much joy and warmth into my life.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

I still miss you, I shouldn't, I know you don't care anymore but that doesn't help, I need to move on but it's not easy!!! Argh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Just grow the fck up. Ive bigger and much better thibgs to be dealing with then you.

Please dont contact me anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Get up off your arse. Seriously. You go on and on about wanting to do all of these things, yet you sit on a laptop all day wondering why nothing happens for you. You're 20, grow up a bit!

I still have the pen marks from where you scribbled "you are adorable" on my arm last night.

My pillow still smells of you.

And there's still track marks on the floor from where you left so abruptly this morning when I was sure you'd stay.

You're so young and cute and sweet and charming and cocky in the most endearing way.

And maybe it was all a big game how you chased and chased and chased and bombarded me in your charming way these last weeks, but I sort of reluctantly got a bit filled with that fuzzy feeling that so rarely happens to me nowadays.

And I overlooked that big red warning sign that was staring at me in the face.

I hoped you would be something new. And overlooked the fact that you were rebounding, hard. I should've known. It's so obvious now. But then, you probably shouldn't have been so forward.

Thank you for your vibrant, innocent energy. Thank you for the ego boost after a year of sh1tty men. Thank you for liking me. Thank you for your honesty.

I wish it would've been different.

But then, maybe I don't.

Maybe you would have made it really, really difficult to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

You're an arrogant tosspot. You wouldn't admit you'd made a mistake, implying you knew better than then THE CAMBRIDGE GRAMMAR OF ****ing ENGLISH and belittling me in a condescending tone in the process!! You've been an arrogant prick these past two weeks and I may not be as experienced as you but at least I can admit when I'm wrong. Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

This time last year I was with you. Now you have a girlfriend and you seem happy and you deserve that, which is great. I wish things could've been different. You said the time we spent together was the best time of your life, not even a cliché or figure of speech you actually meant that..... Yet now we barely speak. The distance is too far I know...but I will be probably moving to your city in the near future and I hope we can see each other again and at least be friends. Happy birthday :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Are you getting the message now ? Are you really getting the message ???

You are just back from your 2 week holiday with your wife and kids, and you had a great time, and now you want to meet me.

NO !!!!!

ive been saying no since June but you continue to bombard me. You promising me everything I wanted, but I know its just because you are realising what was on offer, and now you are panicking because its gone.

Marry in haste, repent at leisure my old friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Happy birthday, C.

Why do I still mourn the loss of us as if it happened just yesterday?

Sometimes I wonder if things were different, had there been no drama and were a little more mature and if we were given a second chance, would we be celebrating your birthday together and be planning our wedding? I wonder if were we as special to you as our relationship was to me? I wonder do you have dreams about us the way I do sometimes? Do you remember with such clarity the feelings we had for each other? Was our passion unique to us or do you feel the same now with someone else?

Thinking of you again today, it is amazing its been 8 years since we last spoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭michael.dublin

Dear Dad.

If only i listen to you more often then i did.

Have to say i miss you, we did not always see eye to eye, and we sure did have a lot of fights, BUT you was always there for me anyway, no matter what i did. sometimes i would love, if i could to trade some of my tomorrows, for one yesterday, I would do so in a heartbeat

Your Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Thanks for standing me up today, you useless good for nothing asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

D,

Thank you for the best 3 days i have had in such a long time. It was so so good to spend some proper time with you... I honestly havent laughed that much in a long long time and you just made the whole trip fun and really looked after me... Thank you!

S xxx

• Advertisement

Dear B,

I heard you are coming back to where we met.
    Well I am going to enjoy this.

I am not stupid despite what you think and you are going to be made aware of this quite soon.
    I enjoy when people find out just how bright I am or when I prove people wrong.

Advertisement